• Sign-ups have opened for the 8th season of the Revolution Cup in Project CARS 2!
    More information about the upcoming league can be found here!

RF2 Resolved Project BTCC - Round 1 - Collisions through blocking (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodyr

Steam
View
Date: 15.09.2019
Event: Project BTCC - Round 1
Member Involved: @Paradyski
Replay Timestamp / Lap: Lap 19 & 22, Timestamp 1200 & 1345 in replay of Race 3
Description: After having a good race through the field in Race 3 (reverse grid) I come up to the back of Paradyski on Lap 19. I get a good exit out of T1 and he leaves the inside of T2 open. I proceed to go for the gap in the braking zone (for context: If you drive the BMW compared to the FWD cars you have no chance of overtaking on the straights due to the speed difference(over 5kph even when slipstreaming an FWD car). It is faster in braking and corner exit so you basically have to go for a move or you're stuck forever. This situation was also talked about before and between the races so I assume everyone was aware of the different strenghts.). He moves to the inside under braking completely ignoring me and forcing me offtrack (see clip 1 in my video and his first video).

After that I try the same move again in Lap 20, but he correctly blocks the inside and I have to call it off (clip 2 of my video).

My last chance was in lap 22 where I had an awesome exit and was able to put my car beside his, despite the difference in speed on the straights. He again completely ignores me pulling to the inside when I'm already there. Since he does it right before the braking zone I have no chance of slowing the car down and I just lose it on the grass in the process (Clip 3 in my video and 2nd video of him). I go from P3 to P9 in the process. There were also no signs of him waiting for me after the incident with him finishing 4th in the end. I would've been fine if he apologised for it and would've called it a day, but when I confronted him with the situation after the race he just added following comment:

<21:58:31> "Shepard": that was fun
<21:58:39> "Shepard": cya later
<21:58:53> "James": thanks for joining. onto the next
<21:59:04> "Paradyski": that was me lol
<21:59:51> "Paradyski": this is it, i didnt have to give you that space lol

<21:59:52> "FlyAxL": was a great afternoon with you guyz, heard you enjoyed the end of my race 3
<21:59:59> "James": was awesome.
<21:59:59> "Mark": Realy good racing chaps, thanks very much Jonno for organising!
<22:00:14> "Nevil": yeah it was, thanks guys good night!
<22:00:25> "Elodyr": if you really think that I'll keep it in mind next time
<22:00:34> "Paradyski": :)

<22:00:54> "FuBii": i rolled on lap 6 ended up by the ambulance
<22:05:07> "FuBii": not bad for my first foray into rfactor =D

What I also noticed is that his crew chief even calls out that I'm beside him in the incident on Lap 22. Despite that his mirrors don't really show that situation so I suggest fixing the mirrors or enabling the triple mirror that's available for better view.

Evidence:

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff

Paradyski

Sure
I would like to know at which point I was blocking the car behind me ? I was at front of that car and entitled to defend my position by taking any line into the corner. I did not waived or deliberately trying to force someone off the track. That was not and ever be my intention to cause a havoc on the track.
I'm sorry if someone doesn't like my driving style and if required I can change that and be a gentleman and give way to someone who want's to overtake me ....
However, when joining this league i genuinely though that we are here to race, especially in cat BTCC ?

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to Stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)