Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

G

Gopher04

If you haven't seen the latest vid from ISR, Darin Ganji would love to interview IB, that could make for a interesting interview.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can imagine the interview will go something like "Ian, how does pCARS2 compare to iRacing? Do you think you're as good as iRacing? Do you plan to charge a monthly fee as there is with iRacing? Will you promise to only use laserscanned tracks in future, as we have in iRacing? Do you think your DLC is too cheap and you should charge a more realistic price, just like iRacing? Will you abandon your day/night cycle AND weather, to produce a more focussed "dry only" form of racing, just like we have in iRacing?"

;)

I am kidding of course so please read this with the same tongue-in-cheek manner in which I wrote it :)

EDIT : For the record, because I know my jokey post might be seen as too "anti-iRacing", there are things that iRacing does do very well, as there will be in pCARS2, as there are in pCARS1, AC, Automobilista, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE etc etc. No sim is perfect, yet, but we're really not far off the holy grail of "one sim to rule them all" :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

"We're excited by the significant advances we've made in the physics and mechanical underpinnings of each of our 170-plus cars. That, along with a vastly enriched climate and weather simulation system on all 60-plus tracks, and new simulated surfaces—dirt, ice, snow, and mud—makes Project CARS 2 by far the most authentic and immersive racing sim we've ever created," said Stephen Viljoen, Game Director - Project CARS 2."

Content wise we are in a really good shape! :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to finally play it when I get home!

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to finally play it when I get home!

WOW..... Can't believe you would say something like that! Not everyone is as lucky as you are :banghead::D

G

Gopher04

I can imagine the interview will go something like "Ian, how does pCARS2 compare to iRacing? Do you think you're as good as iRacing? Do you plan to charge a monthly fee as there is with iRacing? Will you promise to only use laserscanned tracks in future, as we have in iRacing? Do you think your DLC is too cheap and you should charge a more realistic price, just like iRacing? Will you abandon your day/night cycle AND weather, to produce a more focussed "dry only" form of racing, just like we have in iRacing?"

;)

Yeh you think it would go that way, but I'm not so sure, because I believe Billy would like to be part of it, and he does have knowledge and does love other sims, but it would be interesting to watch.

And I know you say it in jest, but one sim to rule them all, would any of us want that, I wouldn't, I'd much rather see 3 top sims that run in slightly difference directions, so abit of diversity, which funny enough is what I think Simbin UK & RRE are planning between themself.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Exporting results, super amazing! (although I thought they would drop the idea... actually it was my idea and I put it into the WMD2 idea tracker, awesome if that really works out in the end!)

Really good stuff, especially for @Mark Baggaley and myself :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeh you think it would go that way, but I'm not so sure, because I believe Billy would like to be part of it, and he does have knowledge and does love other sims, but it would be interesting to watch.

And I know you say it in jest, but one sim to rule them all, would any of us want that, I wouldn't, I'd much rather see 3 top sims that run in slightly difference directions, so abit of diversity, which funny enough is what I think Simbin UK & RRE are planning between themself.

Well, if the sim does everything, has all the content you could want AND gets it right, why play anything else?

Of course, that's unlikely to happen so, yeah, in terms of one sim having absolutely everything, that's a distant pipe-dream. But a sim that faithfully recreates the art and skill of racing, with all the things real drivers have to contend with, wrapped in a very pretty set of clothes, that would be a sim worth putting a lot of time into :)

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score

Ok,,,,ok,,,, thats a massive insult for two of my favorites tracks, Zolder and the map of "SPA".... :shifty: back to the drawing board please :smuggrin:

Will be interesting, while raceroom is planning his long waited list of GT3 cars,, pCARS2 is coming with a full pack (from what I can see) of the GT3s, interesting, let's see how they react :D

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Exporting results, super amazing! (although I thought they would drop the idea... actually it was my idea and I put it into the WMD2 idea tracker, awesome if that really works out in the end!)

Really good stuff, especially for @Mark Baggaley and myself :)

I've not checked on this, but would be interesting to know how they will handle championships when you have more then enough people for one server/p2p session. Although I guess you would just cut it up, from an organisation perspective, and run a batch 1 championship and a batch 2 championship like we have to do today.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh yes! look what I have spotted! The Ford GT. I cannot wait to drive it!

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does anyone have a towel because I'm wet af?

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
WOW..... Can't believe you would say something like that! Not everyone is as lucky as you are :banghead::D

Maybe I just want to rub it in lol! I've been race deprived for practically a year. I probably won't last too long from all the excitement. :D;)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sign me up for the first races/league when this comes out :jawdrop::eek:

SP1KEGRW

Community Member
Reaction score
all the the vids look awesome, Can't wait for the offical release of which i will be getting #PCars2 hype.... lol, there some great things in there for Championships, online and single player if you just want to have fun, i hope that manu will have a easier time setting things up and doing committary on some race too which we all look toward too, i also like the track evolution the more time u spend on it, now is the time for RSR to stand up and take many trophies in the new verison of PCars 2 i'm looking forward to some great races with everyone

G

Gopher04

Maybe I just want to rub it in lol! I've been race deprived for practically a year. I probably won't last too long from all the excitement. :D;)

Who ever races with Falcon 1st when he returns, make sure your all wearing waterproofs..:hungry:

Was watching the latest vid over at VirtualR the lap of the Ice track, that does look quite impressive, but who came up with the name 'RipRip' I think it was for the new tyre model, Tudor was saying, but I find it hard to listen to him for to long.

NewOh yes! look what I have spotted! The Ford GT. I cannot wait to drive it!
More interested in the track LB, did they scan it? What I find funny about this is, iRacing have had their tech version for years, yet they might get beat on the full release version.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Who ever races with Falcon 1st when he returns, make sure your all wearing waterproofs..:hungry:

Was watching the latest vid over at VirtualR the lap of the Ice track, that does look quite impressive, but who came up with the name 'RipRip' I think it was for the new tyre model, Tudor was saying, but I find it hard to listen to him for to long.

More interested in the track LB, did they scan it? What I find funny about this is, iRacing have had their tech version for years, yet they might get beat on the full release version.

"Every new track we’ve added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We’re also scanning some of the old tracks that weren’t previously scanned,” he said, while also confirming that two of the old tracks that have been laser scanned include the Nurburgring Nordschleife and GP circuits."

And the Nordschleife scan is top! (in my opinion)

Users who are viewing this thread