Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
If speaking other games gear switching system... The best one what I ever tried is the f1 challenge 's

It doesn't let you switch into R accidentally.. You had to switch to neutral with a button you then you could go reverse.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacing has it. Assetto Corsa has it. Project CARS 2 has it how as well.

Every modern GT car has a downshift protection in RL if I am not mistaken.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The simple fact of the matter is, you need to re-learn your style of driving. pCARS1 taught a lot of people some very bad habits for driving (and I'm as guilty as anybody for picking a lot of those up). Give it time and you'll start to shift seamlessly and wonder what the fuss was about. Fine-tuning will be done by the devs, since it was a relatively late addition to the game so, until they say they are done with it, keep comments about it well reasoned and productive rather than "it's shit".

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
In my opinion downshift protection as a feature is important to have to level the playing field and, when well realised, should have virtually no impact on normal driving. Forcing the engine to rev beyond its redline (and/or locking the transmission/wheels etc) as you have to if you want to shift down too early is never going to be a sustainable tactic in a simulation of real life and will just lead to car damage and/or spins and crashes.

The only other sim I really have any experience with is iRacing and the way it works there is really good IMO, you will still miss the odd shift if you are aggressive or have carried more speed than you are used to but it's not a regular issue (for me at least) and having to pull the paddle again is preferable to the other options outlined above.

From the project cars 2 perspective it seems that with some cars in particular its over aggressive (perhaps the redlines for Gearshift Protection are set lower than the actual redline of the car or similar) and for others it's completely fine. As has been mentioned it's going to be looked at so I am sure it will improve before too long but in the meantime it's the same for everyone and if you need to adjust your driving style accordingly doing it now will only lead to better driving habits as and when it does get tweeked.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Wondering if the RL protection has a kind of auto-shifting functionality. If you're shifting too early within a small timerange (<200ms or so) the gearbox-controller shifts down as soon as it is possible.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
When will the stats page be updated btw? Participated in 2 events, but my name is still not in the list. :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When will the stats page be updated btw? Participated in 2 events, but my name is still not in the list. :(

They are now updated. I am currently moving house which robs me some time^^ We did not include the GT3 race at Daytona duo the mass disconnects caused by steam.

Apologies for the delay :(

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
No probelm @t0daY. RL always comes first. Thank you!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But lobby 2 was fine
Lobby 2 was not as bad as 1 but we still had massive issues and with 20 starting and only 10 finishing the decision to not rank this race was a wise one and will more than likely be rerun at a later date..

rillo7105

Community Member
Reaction score
Patch released on Steam now but no patch notes yet.. 3.6 GB

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah improvements to certain weather/tire combinations, bet the hassle about to FC event tomorrow was for nothing ;)

@ProjectPD improved wheel support, maybe the Momo is working now?

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
There's a 3.5GB update out. Anybody else got a slow download? Getting stuck at 100-150MB. When I press pause/resume it starts again from zero then stops downloading about the same point :(

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
Today there has been released a ~21mb update, have you downloaded the Patch 2.0 yesterday? Its about 3.6gb IIRC

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
i noticed from the last Event @Imola that between split 1 and 2 are big Speed differences.

What do you think about it if we make one time a month a "driving accadamy"?
Target would be that 2 or 3 :greyalien: driver make a coaching for other drivers, drive with them as spectator and say what were can be improved. That would be nice to close Little bit the gaps!
I am a medium driver, but to split 1 i was 4s of the pace, which is about 4% slower.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi. Don't know if this is the right place to ask my question but I'll do it anyway. Are there any other PC2 leagues or series organized within the upcoming weeks? I'm asking because right know the only events in November to join are the induction nights and an event on the 19th. Cayman cup, although sign up was re-opened, seems full and reserves have to wait for a spot to open witch is last minute.

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score

:D

Users who are viewing this thread