Project CARS 2 - Patch 1.5.0.0 - Release Notes (1 Viewer)

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Addition of the Ferrari 488 Challenge car, and liveries from the 2017 Ferrari Challenge series. This is the latest Ferrari to feature in Maranello’s single-marque championship, and the most powerful car in the series’ 25-year history.
Addition of two new layouts to the Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit.
Corrected a small number of turbo and suspension issues on various cars.
Resolved an issue where some drivers would appear stuck on track during qualification or race session.
Resolved an issue where the end of race results would display incorrectly.
Resolved multiple ghost loading issues in time trial.
Polished the Online Reputation calculations, including tweaks for when players retire due to excess damage.
Corrected an occasional issue of players being taken to the wrong lobby if the host set up a new lobby whilst the old one was populated.
Mechanical failures no longer include aerodynamic damage.
Various improvements to the AI at a number of tracks and conditions.
Solved an issue in career when, under certain circumstances, the standings would not display correctly.
Multiple other miscellaneous fixes and optimisations.

These notes are noticably smaller than previous update notes. We had to refrain from listing every single fix as they were causing massive delays with certification. So keeping the notes smaller allowed us to push the update out for you all much quicker.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yorkie has posted some notes about BOP changes to the GT3 class:

+ Acura NSX GT3 (Weight Reduction)
+ Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
+ Bentley Continental GT3 (Weight Reduction)
+ Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3 (Weight Reduction)
- Ferrari 488 GT3 (Weight increase)
+ McLaren 650S GT3 (Power increase)
+ Mercedes-AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes and fix for small asymmetry settings in rear suspension improving driveability)
+ Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 (Weight Reduction, Ride height reduction, Aero balance & efficiency changes)
+ Nissan GT-R GT3 (Weight Reduction)

As an additional note, the GTE tyre has seen some changes. It is now not only a bit quicker (well, when I say "a bit", try "1.6s at Catalunya in the BMW M6 GTLM quicker" :D) but feels a lot more controllable, especially at (and over) the limit. I've not tested in any kind of long run with it but in time-trial, out of the box, it's a lovely improvement. Those taking part in Season 4 of the Revolution Cup will need to adjust to the new tyre so get practicing.

Oh and the 488 Challenge is a lot of fun. Sounds great too, especially on downshifts :)

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Exciting! Improvements to my beloved McLaren and Aston Martin!

Newbie question though... what does "BOP" stand for? I've always wondered.

Balance of Performance :)

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
@Cluck I'm a bit confused. I didn't find any notes about changes made to the GTE tire (in dev forums too), only to GT3 and others. Is GTE automatically affected as soon as GT3 tires change?

Users who are viewing this thread