Project CARS 2 Time Trial Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested in this monthly event?

• Yes

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Following @The Breeze 's suggestion in the Season 5 thread, we thought it might be better to see what level of interest there is, amongst our members, rather than relying on Cluck's 'gut feeling' (which is notoriously unreliable!).

It's very simple. Once a month, we'll run a time-trial competition, picking a fun combo that (hopefully) everybody can enjoy taking part in. You can be as competitive as you like, taking part to just improve your own "on the limit" skills, or try and be at the top of the table.

The exact format is yet to be decided so we can't yet answer questions like "Will setups be open or fixed?", "How long will each TT last?", "What are the lottery numbers for tonight?" etc etc. :). One question we can answer is that you will be under no obligation to take part in all of the events, you can do as many or as few as you like :).

Very simply, vote:

"Yes" if you'd take part in this
"No" if it is of no interest to you

@Members

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
YES

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Members, didnt work the first time I guess :p

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes!

open setups pls. For me the fun in TT is refining (and a great "not quite competitive" sandbox for improving setup skills). There's no fun for me in running some of the horrendous defaults

Last edited:

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
No - Qually / Hot-lapping is my worst (ok, ONE of my worst) abilities in racing sims!
It would just depress me!
:(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes!

open setups pls. The fun in TT is refining (and a great "not quite competitive" sandbox for improving setup skills). There's no fun in running some of the horrendous defaults
Personally, I disagree - not that the defaults might be horrendous for some, but the notion that it isn't fun - but that's a debate for another day :).

Most likely it will be open setup, as the ideal scenario would be to have as many people take part as possible :). But we can always track the "best of the defaults" too.

What cannot be stressed enough is that the priority for this is for people to try and enjoy taking part. Key to that will be the combos and for everybody to shake off the "I don't like the sound of that" mental block. There are some combos that sound like a disaster on paper but are an utter delight to drive, that's what this is about. No pressure, away from harm, just you, the track and a big smile on your face :)

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No - Qually / Hot-lapping is my worst (ok, ONE of my worst) abilities in racing sims!
It would just depress me!
:(

That's definitelly my worst skill by far, and I think this would be a great way to try to improve it.

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Still think it's a good idea, and you have to start with the Aston GT3! I'm hunting for a decent setup (Hint @ProjectPD #Spa)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck What are the lottery numbers for tonight??

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
not my cup of tea. so my vote is no. i enjoy the melee of close racing much more

Martijn de Ronde

Community Member
Reaction score
Is this something u must do offline and then send in your time or will there be online lobbies as well?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is this something u must do offline and then send in your time or will there be online lobbies as well?
The only way this can work is if people use the in-game time-trial system. That provides a fixed date/time/track condition for everybody :). There are going to be some combos that people will have run so, in my own mind, the only way we can "police" it, is for people to take a screenshot, before leaving their TT session, to act as proof of their time, if they were unable to beat a time they might have previously set. But that's a detail that we will work out later. For now, the key takeaway is that you will be expected to set your time within the in-game time-trial environment :)

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna go with yes. If it's not some track I never heard of.
Maybe we can do something like that in rf2? :)

Martijn de Ronde

Community Member
Reaction score
and yea what games?? or do we combine them? like one player does nurburgring on assetto corsa and another on project cars?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Time-trial interest Thread is up :)

Thanks again @The Breeze for the suggestion :)

I was wondering if there is a way or standard to show in the TT stats (cars2-stats-steam.wmdportal.com) that you are a RSR member?
If TT participants (or all members) do this (free of choice), it is easier to sort out your fellow competitors. Maybe also a good promotion for RSR if it shows that RSR members top the TT charts.
When I started with sim racing (and gaming overall) last year, TT was my first source to get information (checking accounts, group names, et cetera) and check my level and improvements. Waited to join RSR until I knew I could set a time 2.5 - 3 seconds from the top times.

I changed my name for the time being, so now it is The Breeze [RSR] , but I do not know if this is correct and/or allowed, or affects other settings?

My idea is, more members, is more splits for the RSR cup season 6, is more equal drivers in your split = fun racing

Other options to promote RSR:
- add RSR steam group to your steam profile
- add RSR URL to steam profile

Maybe an idea for a new thread: How to promote RSR? - ideas / suggestions ? :D

Group.PNG

url.PNG

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes.. All i do now a days is tt just got no feeling for racing anymore so im all for this.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
how about pro-am TT, combining time of a Pro driver and an AM driver. That way everybody has something to aim for rather than the usual suspects being fastest each month.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
If TT participants (or all members) do this (free of choice), it is easier to sort out your fellow competitors. Maybe also a good promotion for RSR if it shows that RSR members top the TT charts.
When I started with sim racing (and gaming overall) last year, TT was my first source to get information (checking accounts, group names, et cetera) and check my level and improvements. Waited to join RSR until I knew I could set a time 2.5 - 3 seconds from the top times.

it could also be good to show that there is a wide spread of skill at RSR, people might get put off if times are only at the sharp end. (nobody would ever scroll thru enough pages to find my times!)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is going to be pCARS2 only folks. Unless the other sims provide a 'fixed environment' to test in, we won't be using them.

Users who are viewing this thread