Project CARS 2 Time Trial Interest Thread (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested in this monthly event?

• Yes

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
it could also be good to show that there is a wide spread of skill at RSR, people might get put off if times are only at the sharp end. (nobody would ever scroll thru enough pages to find my times!)

My best time in my reverence car on my reverence track is 3.4 seconds from the top time (nr. 38 in the list), a very newbie friendly time (being a newbie myself with only 634 sim racing hours on the record) and on the first page :D

Anyhow, I think that if identifiable RSR members show up on the first 3 pages, it is clear that the RSR-community is the PCARS2 place to be.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Personally, I disagree - not that the defaults might be horrendous for some, but the notion that it isn't fun - but that's a debate for another day :).
You are correct. I have amended my statements to say "fun for me", and not be so broad brush ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Be free to place a "[RSR]" in front of your username. I believe @Ashnoom andj couple others did that already :)

#RSRarmy

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Be free to place a "[RSR]" in front of your username. I believe @Ashnoom andj couple others did that already :)

#RSRarmy
There is a previous post where I asked about this and the result was "If you put [RSR] at the front of your username you are defacto representing RSR in public, and you should try to represent it in the best of light at all times". Basically - follow RSR rules of conduct even when others don't.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
There is a previous post where I asked about this and the result was "If you put [RSR] at the front of your username you are defacto representing RSR in public, and you should try to represent it in the best of light at all times". Basically - follow RSR rules of conduct even when others don't.

And what is wrong with that?^^

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

#RSRarmy

Lol, I have it behind my name...I'll put it in front asap :D

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Definitely :):)

Chasing Cluck on the green hell stages was a lot of fun in PC1 !

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It'd be cool if a ranking/leaderboard like the "Stats" page is incorporated to add to the motivation.

I think it can also help the admins when determining the splits for the next season, especially if the cars used are closeish to the season cars.

But this sounds very fun. Sometimes I can do a good lap, but the consistency isn't there. Maybe it will help if I someday get VR, but in the mean time this is nice for the once in a blue moon lap. Not that I'm claiming that my laps will be good, merely that it can be satisfying to get a good lap. Either way, I'll definitely be taking part. The pro/am suggestion also sounded cool!

I can already see the tactics - no-one actually posting a lap until the last day to not give setups away. But I guess that's part of the fun?
(Edit - that won't be me, can't afford not posting the lap if it's good that one time)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I love a time trial, and agree with @Cluck regarding default setups levelling the driving field. Screenshots are so last year though, I could ask the guy who set up www.stoopidchallenges.com if he could do something along the same lines or using the setup that's already there to collect the data. He's written an IOS and PC app which runs on your network, collects the UDP feed from PC2 and publishes it to his website. He'd probably be able to add special events to what he already has set up. The telemetry is very useful in finding out where you are losing time. Already asked if there was interest here he's a friendly helpful IT geek and does this stuff for fun...let me know if you want me to ask him.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I love a time trial, and agree with @Cluck regarding default setups levelling the driving field. Screenshots are so last year though, I could ask the guy who set up www.stoopidchallenges.com if he could do something along the same lines or using the setup that's already there to collect the data. He's written an IOS and PC app which runs on your network, collects the UDP feed from PC2 and publishes it to his website. He'd probably be able to add special events to what he already has set up. The telemetry is very useful in finding out where you are losing time. Already asked if there was interest here he's a friendly helpful IT geek and does this stuff for fun...let me know if you want me to ask him.

We will do our own stuff :) First of all we are asking for interest, nothing more :)

King-Kodiak

Community Member
Reaction score
If you are just going to use the in game TT boards, you will not be able to use anything GT3 as they have had alot of balancing going on in various patches, moreso then the rest of the classes as far as I know.

I would take part in this, I do love TT, but I will be in default setups as I know nothing about setting up cars.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Then join me at the back of the table @King-Kodiak :D I will also not have the time to dial in a decent setup. Defaults will be fine for me.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can always steal a good setup from other TTs ;)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
You can always steal a good setup from other TTs ;)
Well known, but most of the ones I tried in the past were too twitchy for me :(

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmm yeah TT setups tend to be on the edge. Easy ways to make it more stable would be
  • Stiffer front or softer rear springs/arbs
  • More rear or less front DF/camber
That’s very rudimentary but the first option would be more helping with low speed oversteer while the second would help more with high speed :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If we do not hit at least 40 participants in our first TT I am going to kill everyone who pressed yes in the poll ;) :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
If we do not hit at least 40 participants in our first TT I am going to kill everyone who pressed yes in the poll ;) :D

That information is classified!

:D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the StanceWorks at the Beach race, where over 30 people voted, and only 18 signed up :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread