Project CARS 3 Project Cars 3 - Reveal Trailer (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
Reaction score
Steam
View
Yea from the videos showing up today - I really dont see this being a game that will be in RSR in any meaningful way at all....

It looks like you cannot simply have a GT3 race for instance.... check out the collection of classes in this... god I hope you dont have to have stock cars on track when you just want a GT3/GT4 race. If not honestly I dont even see me buying this.

The horror show continues :hungover:
R.I.P. PCARS :dead:

xIbraGiox

Probationer
Reaction score
Steam
View
Yea from the videos showing up today - I really dont see this being a game that will be in RSR in any meaningful way at all....

It looks like you cannot simply have a GT3 race for instance.... check out the collection of classes in this... god I hope you dont have to have stock cars on track when you just want a GT3/GT4 race. If not honestly I dont even see me buying this.

The horror show continues :hungover:
And WTF no tire consumption, no fuel, no pit stops????? Hell....

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
R.I.P. PCARS :dead:
Not really. You can still play pCARS1 and 2 ;)

It's definitely looking far removed from what went before and, based solely on what I've seen in the vids and read in Discord, it is extremely unlikely that this will be part of RSR's roster of racers except for fun sessions. Depends on what other stuff hasn't been revealed yet of course.

One thing I keep seeing brought up though (not here I should add) is people complaining that there's no longevity, nothing there for the league people. In all honesty, if SMS can't make money from leagues then where's the motivation to make a game that caters to them? Did they earn a penny from us running our seasons nearly 3 years after release? Did they heck. Personally, with my 'business head' in place, I can't blame them for changing direction and I can only wish them well. I will probably pick the game up as something fun to play, since I don't have a wheel now, and also because it reminds me a lot of the Shift games that I had an enormous amount of fun playing, back in the day.

The Breeze

Social Media
Reaction score
Steam
View
Not really. You can still play pCARS1 and 2 ;)

It's definitely looking far removed from what went before and, based solely on what I've seen in the vids and read in Discord, it is extremely unlikely that this will be part of RSR's roster of racers except for fun sessions. Depends on what other stuff hasn't been revealed yet of course.

One thing I keep seeing brought up though (not here I should add) is people complaining that there's no longevity, nothing there for the league people. In all honesty, if SMS can't make money from leagues then where's the motivation to make a game that caters to them? Did they earn a penny from us running our seasons nearly 3 years after release? Did they heck. Personally, with my 'business head' in place, I can't blame them for changing direction and I can only wish them well. I will probably pick the game up as something fun to play, since I don't have a wheel now, and also because it reminds me a lot of the Shift games that I had an enormous amount of fun playing, back in the day.
I know ;), we can stick to PCARS2 for a while ... but with AMS2 getting better and more cars and tracks available in the near future, I don't think PCARS2 will last that long within the community. Would be nice of course, if AMS would also have the PCARS track and car list :p

What irritates me, is that SMS wants us to believe that 'removing pit stops, tyre wear and fuel usage' was an early decision in the 'design process'. To me this sounds like complete nonsense, having my share of being part of software development projects and processes.

Adding/removing features to/from existing software is for most part driven by what is technically and/or budget wise possible. If money no issue, a game with better existing content + extra features would have been developed from scratch.
Software features are usually killed because management demands features that are in conflict with existing feautures.
It seems to me that they were forced to remove a big chunk from PCARS2 to be able to add PCARS3 career mode, rewarding system and/or other stuff that is new in PCARS3.
In this, removing pit stops must have been the best option ... and removing pit stops, forced them to find a workaround for the tyre wear/swap and fuel usage issue. Not sure what they will do with damage ... no damage?, only performance impacting (for a while)?, auto repair?

It is clear to me that it is technically impossible to re-add 'pit stops, tyre wear and fuel usage'.
Otherwise they would have added it as an option in the gameplay preferences and would have avoided a shitload of criticism on social media.

Hopefully SMS will come up with a full-SIM game in 2-3 years. Or maybe the European sim race game publishers should get together to get the best of all games in one and create something much better than iRacing. Something that can be used by communities (one time buy), and a subscription system for if you want to join the worldwide international competition.

We will wait and see, I only drive in VR so limited to PCARS2, AMS2 and iRacing ..... still haven't tried iRacing though, maybe after this summer when the evenings are getting dark and cold.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Thing is, what could SMS bring to the sim table without bankrupting themselves in the process? To really do something with mass-market appeal AND at top class in physics, tyre modelling, audio etc, AND with driver swaps and a first-class multiplayer experience, with everything the players have been asking for, the game would take a decade to release and would cost so much that nobody would buy it.

Oh and nobody would buy it because lol, SMS arcade, lol :rolleyes:

I think what we're destined to see is what we have now. Niche products that carve their own piece of the sim market and more 'mass market' appeal games for everything else. There's nothing wrong with being mass market of course, but sacrifices invariably have to be made to reach it :).

I'm as sad as a lot of people to see Project CARS go in this direction but it's just a game, the world keeps turning (for now) :)

Eugene Flerko

Reaction score
Steam
View
@The Breeze you (and the horde of moaning members of "no pits no buy" cult) look at the situation from a perspective of a sim racer who is aimed to have league events and championships with long training, practice, qualification and semi-endurance length. And I feel you. From this perspective game design decisions made by SMS are disappointing.

BUT, try to look at this from a perspective of a common gamer, who really likes games like FM, GT, GRID, but dreams of having good physics and FFB in them. When I was enjoying NFS Shift 1&2, I had only an old Logitech gamepad and never considered buying steering wheel seriously. Back then I tried Netkar, iRacing and RF1 with my gamepad and I didn't find them fun (or playable with gamepad) at all. I really wanted something physics wise more serious than SHIFTs games but simply there was no product to satisfy this wish.

And when Ian Bell announced that he has "a cunning plan" I bought my ticket into WMD1 having in mind that "these are the guys who made SHIFT games". I don't think that I'd join the same kind of project if it was announced by Kunos, ISI or Sector 3

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Reaction score
Steam
View
@The Breeze you (and the horde of moaning members of "no pits no buy" cult) look at the situation from a perspective of a sim racer who is aimed to have league events and championships with long training, practice, qualification and semi-endurance length. And I feel you. From this perspective game design decisions made by SMS are disappointing.

BUT, try to look at this from a perspective of a common gamer, who really likes games like FM, GT, GRID, but dreams of having good physics and FFB in them. When I was enjoying NFS Shift 1&2, I had only an old Logitech gamepad and never considered buying steering wheel seriously. Back then I tried Netkar, iRacing and RF1 with my gamepad and I didn't find them fun (or playable with gamepad) at all. I really wanted something physics wise more serious than SHIFTs games but simply there was no product to satisfy this wish.

And when Ian Bell announced that he has "a cunning plan" I bought my ticket into WMD1 having in mind that "these are the guys who made SHIFT games". I don't think that I'd join the same kind of project if it was announced by Kunos, ISI or Sector 3
People have every right to feel negative about this (and positive if they so choose).

SMS have every right to design a game the way they want. It probably is a better business decision for them.

Yes its just a game... yes there are other games.... we already know all of that.

Ofcourse there will be people who are happier with the direction. We are not so insular that we cannot imagine this is making another camp happy.

All power to those who want everything being shown - and full respect to those who do not too....

I am not ashamed to say I am invested in PCars franchise - it took me from a G25 on my desk to a full blown simlab rig with a dd wheel, vr, 2080ti etc.. etc.. etc.. and I was looking forward to continuing that journey with them because I love the series (as they were).

So Im pretty dissapointed its now what I consider a full blown arcade racer developer - even F1 series is more a sim than this.

Please can you also try to see it from our side without resorting to the derogatory stuff ?

Eugene Flerko

Reaction score
Steam
View
it took me from a G25 on my desk to a full blown simlab rig with a dd wheel, vr, 2080ti etc.. etc.. etc..
Ah! You snob!

Just joking :)

Please can you also try to see it from our side without resorting to the derogatory stuff ?
There are over 2.7k posts on official forum repeating all the same disappointed moaning. Why increase the amount of exactly same complaints here?

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Reaction score
Steam
View
Ah! You snob!

Just joking :)

There are over 2.7k posts on official forum repeating all the same disappointed moaning. Why increase the amount of exactly same complaints here?
There are discussions that are positive over there too... why do that here ?

Because this is a community where I thought we could share discussions on various topics. I know you dont think we should only share discussions you agree with so why even ask that ?

Eugene Flerko

Reaction score
Steam
View
I know you dont think we should only share discussions you agree with so why even ask that ?
You seem stressed today, don't you? Otherwise I don't see a reason for you to overreact this way.

SlowBloke

Reaction score
Steam
View
Taken to msgs - avoiding drama on the forums :p

Last edited:

Havocc

Reaction score
Steam
View
Update: no Spa in pc3:oops:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Spa is confirmed as not coming, yeah. There's no exact reason giving but there's plenty of speculation as to why (licensing being one of them).

As for other circuits, until SMS release the official list of circuits and cars, nothing else is confirmed at present (other than all the RX tracks also cut)

Eugene Flerko

Reaction score
Steam
View
...And Sakitto instead of Suzuka

Havocc

Reaction score
Steam
View

Havocc

Reaction score
Steam
View
Preorder is up :hungover:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)