Project CARS 3 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yea from the videos showing up today - I really dont see this being a game that will be in RSR in any meaningful way at all....

It looks like you cannot simply have a GT3 race for instance.... check out the collection of classes in this... god I hope you dont have to have stock cars on track when you just want a GT3/GT4 race. If not honestly I dont even see me buying this.

The horror show continues :hungover:
R.I.P. PCARS :dead:

xIbraGiox

Community Member
Reaction score
Yea from the videos showing up today - I really dont see this being a game that will be in RSR in any meaningful way at all....

It looks like you cannot simply have a GT3 race for instance.... check out the collection of classes in this... god I hope you dont have to have stock cars on track when you just want a GT3/GT4 race. If not honestly I dont even see me buying this.

The horror show continues :hungover:

And WTF no tire consumption, no fuel, no pit stops????? Hell....

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Damn, gonna have to buy it now :joyful:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hold up, they added this and we did not know this?

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah, let's sue them for IP infringement :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Most likely the benefits of "it's not what you know, it's who you know" :)

I doubt very much our logos just magically found their way into the game.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
R.I.P. PCARS :dead:
Not really. You can still play pCARS1 and 2 ;)

It's definitely looking far removed from what went before and, based solely on what I've seen in the vids and read in Discord, it is extremely unlikely that this will be part of RSR's roster of racers except for fun sessions. Depends on what other stuff hasn't been revealed yet of course.

One thing I keep seeing brought up though (not here I should add) is people complaining that there's no longevity, nothing there for the league people. In all honesty, if SMS can't make money from leagues then where's the motivation to make a game that caters to them? Did they earn a penny from us running our seasons nearly 3 years after release? Did they heck. Personally, with my 'business head' in place, I can't blame them for changing direction and I can only wish them well. I will probably pick the game up as something fun to play, since I don't have a wheel now, and also because it reminds me a lot of the Shift games that I had an enormous amount of fun playing, back in the day.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score

I hope so for you guys haha. But it is pretty cool not going to lie!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It came as much of a surprise to a lot of us here as it will do to the members. It is indeed pretty f***ing cool :joyful::pompous:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Nope :) Just wasn't allowed to talk about it :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not really. You can still play pCARS1 and 2 ;)

It's definitely looking far removed from what went before and, based solely on what I've seen in the vids and read in Discord, it is extremely unlikely that this will be part of RSR's roster of racers except for fun sessions. Depends on what other stuff hasn't been revealed yet of course.

One thing I keep seeing brought up though (not here I should add) is people complaining that there's no longevity, nothing there for the league people. In all honesty, if SMS can't make money from leagues then where's the motivation to make a game that caters to them? Did they earn a penny from us running our seasons nearly 3 years after release? Did they heck. Personally, with my 'business head' in place, I can't blame them for changing direction and I can only wish them well. I will probably pick the game up as something fun to play, since I don't have a wheel now, and also because it reminds me a lot of the Shift games that I had an enormous amount of fun playing, back in the day.

I know ;), we can stick to PCARS2 for a while ... but with AMS2 getting better and more cars and tracks available in the near future, I don't think PCARS2 will last that long within the community. Would be nice of course, if AMS would also have the PCARS track and car list :p

What irritates me, is that SMS wants us to believe that 'removing pit stops, tyre wear and fuel usage' was an early decision in the 'design process'. To me this sounds like complete nonsense, having my share of being part of software development projects and processes.

Adding/removing features to/from existing software is for most part driven by what is technically and/or budget wise possible. If money no issue, a game with better existing content + extra features would have been developed from scratch.
Software features are usually killed because management demands features that are in conflict with existing feautures.
It seems to me that they were forced to remove a big chunk from PCARS2 to be able to add PCARS3 career mode, rewarding system and/or other stuff that is new in PCARS3.
In this, removing pit stops must have been the best option ... and removing pit stops, forced them to find a workaround for the tyre wear/swap and fuel usage issue. Not sure what they will do with damage ... no damage?, only performance impacting (for a while)?, auto repair?

It is clear to me that it is technically impossible to re-add 'pit stops, tyre wear and fuel usage'.
Otherwise they would have added it as an option in the gameplay preferences and would have avoided a shitload of criticism on social media.

Hopefully SMS will come up with a full-SIM game in 2-3 years. Or maybe the European sim race game publishers should get together to get the best of all games in one and create something much better than iRacing. Something that can be used by communities (one time buy), and a subscription system for if you want to join the worldwide international competition.

We will wait and see, I only drive in VR so limited to PCARS2, AMS2 and iRacing ..... still haven't tried iRacing though, maybe after this summer when the evenings are getting dark and cold.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thing is, what could SMS bring to the sim table without bankrupting themselves in the process? To really do something with mass-market appeal AND at top class in physics, tyre modelling, audio etc, AND with driver swaps and a first-class multiplayer experience, with everything the players have been asking for, the game would take a decade to release and would cost so much that nobody would buy it.

Oh and nobody would buy it because lol, SMS arcade, lol :rolleyes:

I think what we're destined to see is what we have now. Niche products that carve their own piece of the sim market and more 'mass market' appeal games for everything else. There's nothing wrong with being mass market of course, but sacrifices invariably have to be made to reach it :).

I'm as sad as a lot of people to see Project CARS go in this direction but it's just a game, the world keeps turning (for now) :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hmmm, it appears that private lobbies won't be available at launch, so that rules out any chance of us even running a fun night in it. Whether that will change later, no idea, I know Nathan was telling another league organiser that there will be stuff added in time that would appeal to leagues but not at launch.

EDIT: Standby, possible correction incoming :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread