Project CARS 2 Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Season 9 Banner.png

If you have any questions regarding the league this is the thread for you! Post your questions below and one of our helpful admins (or helpful members!) will do their best to point you in the right direction. This thread can also be used for any general discussion concerning the league.

Explousion

Community Member
Reaction score
How will cars be selected? MB is clearly faster:rolleyes:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
woo, less than a week till the first race of this season :eek:
who's ready, who's practiced, who's not even tested the cars.... :woot:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
woo, less than a week till the first race of this season :eek:
who's ready, who's practiced, who's not even tested the cars.... :woot:
I may not have even looked yet. Still....there is always the weekend :oops:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok, question aimed mostly at those on the H-Shifter. It's very easy to blow the engine with one misshift. Are we all comfortable with just "getting good" and making sure that doesn't happen? :D. Only alternative I can see is to agree to remove engine damage (the only real effect of which is everyone would always have radiator at zero). I guess the races are all short so maybe this is not a problem and we just accept the challenge.

Any thoughts?

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Using the H SHIFTER is quicker but is more difficult to get right every time .Taking away the possibility of damaging the engine gives the H SHIFTER drivers an even bigger advantage over the rest

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Using the H SHIFTER is quicker but is more difficult to get right every time .Taking away the possibility of damaging the engine gives the H SHIFTER drivers an even bigger advantage over the rest
This league will be „multiclass“, with separate championship points for H Shifter and paddle shift drivers :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This league will be „multiclass“, with separate championship points for H Shifter and paddle shift drivers :)

Yes I know but we should still be able to race against each other H SHIFTER or not

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes I know but we should still be able to race against each other H SHIFTER or not
Indeed. And a single disasterous shift will blow your engine, ruining the chance to continue racing against each other. I'm not saying we should, just all the H-Shifter folks need to be prepared for the consequences :D

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Indeed. And a single disasterous shift will blow your engine, ruining the chance to continue racing against each other. I'm not saying we should, just all the H-Shifter folks need to be prepared for the consequences :D

That's the chance you take going H SHIFTER

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I dont see this point. We’re taking H shifter to race other guys with a shifter, not to be quicker than guys without. And because it’s nice to be able to use this expensive piece of hardware :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I suppose we NON H SHIFTER drivers will get the blue flags as well to let the quicker H SHIFTER drivers through as we are racing multiclass
Post automatically merged:

Also what about qually .If I qually better than an H SHIFTER driver is he still going to start ahead of me on the start

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The racing will be normal, that why I put Multiclass in quotes. You will just be scored differently because naturally without a H shifter your at a disadvantage.

Think of it as I dont know, blancpain maybe. Everyone drives the same cars but you have pro/proam/silver cup whatever. They don’t get blue flags while fighting for position and they are grided as they qualify.

Last edited:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok thanks @Puffpirat .we will see what happens in the first race.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What about BOP with restrictor plates for h-shifter users then? I practiced a bit and I can say right now that I'm 2 sec slower than the hotlap world record and I really gave my best. Funny thing is there is a 2s gap between 1st & 2nd then a few thenths between the rest so that indicates 1st is using a h-shifter and the others don't. That would be easy to even the field and avoid people being frustrated for not being able to compete because they don't have a specific piece of hardware... I suggest @Puffpirat to be the benchmark and test the gap between using a h-shifter and without it then finding the correct amount of restrictor plates to close the gap

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, you overthink it by far. H shifter and nonH shifter is like pro and am. Thats it. No Bop needed, no seperate qualy needed, no blue flags needed. Aaargh

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone practicing the track, I cannot keep the car straight :cool::cool::cool: mainly i think my wheel and pedals are goosed but ill make it work, what times are people getting?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread