Project CARS 2 Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

If you have any questions regarding the league this is the thread for you! Post your questions below and one of our helpful admins (or helpful members!) will do their best to point you in the right direction. This thread can also be used for any general discussion concerning the league.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m trying to sign up but saying the thread is closed for further replies. Others seem to be signing up okay.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m trying to sign up but saying the thread is closed for further replies. Others seem to be signing up okay.
We changed our sign up process. Check this out:

Capture.PNG

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If we don't have the season pass would we still be able to participate? Seems the Opel is Season Pass only if I'm not mistaken.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
If we don't have the season pass would we still be able to participate? Seems the Opel is Season Pass only if I'm not mistaken.
From what have been told to me you only need it if you want to drive it. if you pick the merc you dont need anything else

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ correct Ricardo :)

The relevant DLC pack is only needed in Project CARS 2 if you intend to use it directly yourself. The game contains all the cars and all the circuits, so you can join lobbies that run circuits and see cars from DLC that you haven't purchased, you just won't be able to pick a DLC car to drive yourself.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is tyre wear going to be disabled as from what i remember from the mini league we did the Opel Astra was horrendous on tyre wear.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is tyre wear going to be disabled as from what i remember from the mini league we did the Opel Astra was horrendous on tyre wear.
Something we can test on the pre-season race (or even earlier if you want to join us at an evening).

I talked to our friends at PRD, they ran a TCR season not long ago. The Megane was out of the box half a second faster than any other TCR car. And the BMW has a tire wear advantage (due RWD) in longer races. Those were the reasons to exclude both cars. We also checked the leaderbords for PC2 and on every track the first page is filled with Meganes which underlines the findings of PRD.

Cheers

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Over a one lap the Megane is quicker and like you say the bmw has a tire advantage over longer races so that leaves the Merc because im sure the Astra eats its front tires very quickly. I know you have made your choice now but i think the BMW and the Megane would have been a closer match.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can i also ask if these are rolling or standing start races
Post automatically merged:

Ignore that just found the answer

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sprint race is standing start because of the attached qualifying. The feature race will be a rolling start because we want to do a top 10 reversed grid.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Should we do a pre season session with all the TCR cars ? I believe an effective idea would be to put at least 3 people in each car so we can gather enough data prior to the Cup ;)
Only if the majority feels the same. I do not want to go into testing again for the Cup. If enough people are saying lets do rather BMW vs Megane or allow all I am happy to re-assess the car selection.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tbh that mini league i ran yes the renault an bmw ran away with it if you knew how to set em up but the bmw had the overall advantage on tires and speed imo the bmw was a little more op than everything else i had to set that renault up so fine it kept up with the bmw. Tbh if you put the bmw in youll have its nearly full of em and may of well just used the bmw..but thats just my opinion. An iv spent many many hours in them tcr cars..;)

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tbh that mini league i ran yes the renault an bmw ran away with it if you knew how to set em up but the bmw had the overall advantage on tires and speed imo the bmw was a little more op than everything else i had to set that renault up so fine it kept up with the bmw. Tbh if you put the bmw in youll have its nearly full of em and may of well just used the bmw..but thats just my opinion. An iv spent many many hours in them tcr cars..;)
I agree with Jonno - i think we might get a nice split between the Merc/Astra but I can see it being heavily dominated by the BMW as from our testing it was the strongest car.

Users who are viewing this thread