Project CARS 2 Question Thread (1 Viewer)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To add one more penny if its tire wear that concerns people then just have it turned off then its Litraly down to driver and setup.
Post automatically merged:

@steveg200 all them renault setups i gifted you lol will work on the astra as i initaly was going to use that and then converted em to the renault once i found it was quicker lol..;);)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tbh that mini league i ran yes the renault an bmw ran away with it if you knew how to set em up but the bmw had the overall advantage on tires and speed imo the bmw was a little more op than everything else i had to set that renault up so fine it kept up with the bmw. Tbh if you put the bmw in youll have its nearly full of em and may of well just used the bmw..but thats just my opinion. An iv spent many many hours in them tcr cars..;)

I think it depends on the track which is quicker . im not saying use all cars but if we are going to use Opel and Merc then i think tire wear should be looked into

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think it depends on the track which is quicker . im not saying use all cars but if we are going to use Opel and Merc then i think tire wear should be looked into
Yeah i agree bud. Im pretty sure it was turned off when we did the mini league as the renault was the same i may be wrong lol sure theres an archives of it on here somewere lol.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
To add one more penny if its tire wear that concerns people then just have it turned off then its Litraly down to driver and setup.
Post automatically merged:

@steveg200 all them renault setups i gifted you lol will work on the astra as i initaly was going to use that and then converted em to the renault once i found it was quicker lol..;);)

Yes i remember and thanks but im sure you and i did alot of testing in the Astra and found the tire wear to be alot more than the others

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What are your feelings regarding this topic guys?

@RevolutionCup10
My opinion is that testing all cars at the pre season event doesn't hurt. I'd be in favour of the BMW because it's such a treat to drive and I think many of us had this car in mind when voting for TCR. From what I remember the Megane was very capable at Donington but no match at Brands Indy. That was the case too in the RF2 league by @Jonno, the Civic would take the advantage then get challenged by less powerful beamers at the end of the race. I mean it was cool and balanced when tyre wear was disabled. I would also happily try to close the gap by providing a good Megane setup to everyone.

So yeah all in all I'd prefer the BMW over the others just for the shear pleasure of driving it. I also say it all the time but a FWD and RWD class would be perfect...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
From my own observations, the Renault would destroy the field if tyre wear was off. It's the best in it's class...
The Beemer is fast, if the track selection allows it to run away.
I agree with @steveg200 in that the astra eats tyres like I can eat a pack of biscuits :oops:
I'm extremely happy to help test... but I'd recommend setting the test to default setups only so you don't waste too much time on it.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah i wouldnt recomend using the Renault i am just shy of 2 seconds a lap quicker in it than the astra or merc that was just round redbull.. I say stick to what we have allready they are very very closely matched in pace and time and will give some good racing..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Gonna throw up a server to test these cars, feel free to join, comment, have a giggle etc (=

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY mate i want to go non reserve can i just re enter details or can you change it.??? cheers please and thanks

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My findings...
Track: Cota national
Track settings: 18th June 2020, 9am, medium cloud.
Mercedes: 1.38.387, cooked its tyres after 4 laps, laptime dropped dramatically after this point.
Renault 1.38.764, handles well but ruins its tyres within 2 laps. Tyre performance drops off a cliff, submerges into the marina trench & can not be found thereafter...
Vauxhall: 1.38.678, similar to the Mercedes in tyre performance but cooked to over 135 deg C in 4 laps. Car interior is a better place to be & sounds much nicer than all of the fwds.
BMW: 1.38.739, a drift machine for me lol. But that engine growl is to die for haha.
All car setups were locked to default...
I'm gonna agree with @Jonnos comment, the car choice is really close, tyre management is gonna be a bitch. Can we start racing now? :cool:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My findings...
Track: Cota national
Track settings: 18th June 2020, 9am, medium cloud.
Mercedes: 1.38.387, cooked its tyres after 4 laps, laptime dropped dramatically after this point.
Renault 1.38.764, handles well but ruins its tyres within 2 laps. Tyre performance drops off a cliff, submerges into the marina trench & can not be found thereafter...
Vauxhall: 1.38.678, similar to the Mercedes in tyre performance but cooked to over 135 deg C in 4 laps. Car interior is a better place to be & sounds much nicer than all of the fwds.
BMW: 1.38.739, a drift machine for me lol. But that engine growl is to die for haha.
All car setups were locked to default...
I'm gonna agree with @Jonnos comment, the car choice is really close, tyre management is gonna be a bitch. Can we start racing now? :cool:
cough cough Renault 1.37.2 lol

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Only if the majority feels the same. I do not want to go into testing again for the Cup. If enough people are saying lets do rather BMW vs Megane or allow all I am happy to re-assess the car selection.

I don't think a sample size of 3 is enough for a conclusive result at all.
Better just stick to wear vs no wear if you really want to test something. I think it would invite to unrealistic driving styles if you turn it off.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@FuBii could the fact you are using a controller contribute to the tire wear? I don't know how the game models tyre wear on a controller. I assume the inputs on the tyre are must faster and possibly more frequent than a wheel? Just a thought. I would agree to keep tyre wear on. It would be good if we could balance all 4 cars to be closer together. I do actually like driving the TCRs in PC2, shock horror! :p

Also agree with @RdMracer , we need more conclusive testing if we are going to change the car choice.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
cough cough Renault 1.37.2 lol
Cough cough track limits cough :D hahaha

@FuBii could the fact you are using a controller contribute to the tire wear? I don't know how the game models tyre wear on a controller. I assume the inputs on the tyre are must faster and possibly more frequent than a wheel?
More than likely bud, my steering inputs are extremely digital, on/off in nature(full lock relative to vehicle speed), with the speed & frequency determining my actual 'steering'. there's very few corners in the entire game where I can actually hold the joystick in a constant position to get a smooth corner :sorry:

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cough cough track limits cough :D hahaha
they were bang on the money mate i could of abused track limits and banged in a 33 32 lol

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will give it a shot when I get the time and add some data. It doesn't surprise me that tyres cook at COTA, this track is hard on them. Overheated tyres on a fwd is an awful experience it keeps getting worse and worse

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Here's an actual question for you...
is RSR still an affiliated league with pcars? :eek:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread