Project CARS 2 R0: Hockenheimring (1 Viewer)

R0: Hockenheimring
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

cpcdem

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I had done the sync thing some months ago, maybe it's because I'm a new PC now. Done it again, can hear you fine, but no talk. Will figure it out for the next race. Nice racing btw!

And it was the typical problem of the interface between monitor and chair :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score

Anybody got a clue what this might be, my wheel disconnected with 2 minutes to go in the 40 minute race, I'd made it up to 7th from last after a race 1 DNF (Skype call caused that ffs!)

I keep getting these wheel disconnects, it's really frustrating! Thankfully in race 2 I didn't cause any problems as I was clear of other drivers, but I think I may have collected somebody in in race 1, so apologies to anyone caught up in my accident. If someone could post the replay I will make sure I apologise specifically to individuals.

Attachments

• 1560457346749.png
    1560457346749.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 336

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Wow, thanks to the RSR team for selecting a car I thought I would hate, but turns out to be a blast!

I got a pretty lucky run during qualifying so managed a time pretty close to my best. That lead to a great battle with @Taorminator in race 1. We had a few nudges between us, mostly because we seemed insanely close on pace and spent a lot of the race bumber to bumper. I think that has to be the best (and longest) battle I've had since I joined RSR. @Taorminator - thanks for the clean racing, and sorry for that T1 that turned out to be scarier than I had realised!

Race 2 I got the left side for the start, which was more comfortable and I got away cleanly in second. I had expected to fall behind @CatchAGlimpse after his dominant race 1, but I managed to stay in the slipstream, leading to another awesome battle. I did take the lead for a lap or so, but sadly I made a silly mistake that @CatchAGlimpse pounced on. I'm pretty happy I managed to close the gap again and put the pressure on, but he turned out to be too cool a customer. Again, very respectful, clean racing made for a fun experience.

Two times 2nd place is my best RSR result to date I think. Now if only I can take that to race one where there are points up for grabs :)

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
@CatchAGlimpse Thanx for a great setup. It got me to the midfield. Great first race. Second race not so great. Regretfully I got hit before the start and then in the second and third lap. The last hit wrecked my car and I had to retire. Looking forward to Zolder. Thanx Guys

cpcdem

Community Member
Reaction score
View attachment 7265

Anybody got a clue what this might be, my wheel disconnected with 2 minutes to go in the 40 minute race, I'd made it up to 7th from last after a race 1 DNF (Skype call caused that ffs!)

I keep getting these wheel disconnects, it's really frustrating! Thankfully in race 2 I didn't cause any problems as I was clear of other drivers, but I think I may have collected somebody in in race 1, so apologies to anyone caught up in my accident. If someone could post the replay I will make sure I apologise specifically to individuals.

I've been fighting with this exact *&*^*&%$ thing for a few weeks now. Every single time I get a (fortunately brief usually) stutter, I see this exact message in the Event Log. I have searched for hours, most common response is this is some &$^$*# MS added in one of the later Win 10 updates, and it causes all sorts of problems to various people.

I have disabled half my services and many other stuff running on my system, but did not manage to get rid of it. Only "fix" I've read about, is to just go back to a previous Win 10 update. I have not bothered yet, because my problem is not that serious, but I would probably try exactly that if I was in your case. Unless someone has a better advice...But MS as usual ignores reports about this...

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm not doing another AC race a couple of days before a Clio race. I never really got to reach my practice pace. And then seeing the pace of the front runners, how on earth do you make the Clio go so fast? Great stuff you guys.

For those of us running around at the back, I had a couple of good battles. It was so close, if someone made a move and it didn't stick, the guy making the move might actually lose the place due to the line he had to take. Thanks @Rargon for the battle the last couple of laps in the first race. Good stuff, you got me. Thanks @wabi, @Darksi, @Rargon and @Shepard for a thoroughly enjoyable second race. Also thanks to @Sonic for the battle last couple of laps second race. You raced with a lot of respect, waiting after that one lunge. I hope you felt the same coming from me.

Overall I think this can be an enjoyable season!

Another note, something to consider:
A couple of incidents ended in tears. Everyone should consider using Crewchief, especially for those 3-wide moments. They weren't rare...

EDIT: removed Windows log discussion.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys, I’ve posted in off topic to get help, in order to avoid clogging the race thread up with discussions about the dark magic of windows....

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow that was unexpected! I went into the event thinking I would struggle to get a top 3 result.

In qualifying I managed to put in a 1.09.4 on the first fast lap putting me on pole position. I was unable to beat it for the remainder of the session.. I think getting another 1.09.4 and a 1.09.5 to go close. Fortunately @UnstopaPaul was 0.2 behind in 2nd and the session ended for my first ever RSR pole position from a qualifying session (rather than through reverse grid etc)

I managed to get a great start in the first race and to be 1.5s clear after the first lap. I just tried to stay as consistent as possible after this point and was able to build a 6/7 second lead and finish in 1st in a pretty lonely race.

The second race myself @UnstopaPaul and @Taorminator managed to pull a few seconds clear of the rest of the pack. I don’t think @UnstopaPaul was ever more than 1s behind for the first 30mins of the race with the average gap being 0.5s. Such an intense race and nice clean battling when the moments came in the race.

This season looks to be awesome for close racing!! Bring on the first round.

@Puffpirat / @t0daY -

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Such a great little car to just throw into some of the corners... I was able to figure out an extremely comfortable setup & be stupidly consistent which was a first. Best thing though. Out qualifying both my team mates @Shepard & @Battenberg by some margin.
The first race was so much fun, & such a close field. The smallest mistakes & the queue of cars behind would pounce & you'd suddenly find yourself 3 places down. Definitely a car where you can get your elbows out. Just need to be a little more patient & calm in overtaking...
Had a good battle with a number of cars behind me until 7 minutes from the end when I somehow ended on the roof. Thanks to @kobusnell for getting me back on the wheels.
Race 2 was amazing. Starting 20th & finishing 9th after spending much of the race closing a 6s gap to @Spitfire then attempting a pass that would stick.
Best fun I've had in a while. Can't wait to start the season properly.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, thanks to the RSR team for selecting a car I thought I would hate, but turns out to be a blast!

I got a pretty lucky run during qualifying so managed a time pretty close to my best. That lead to a great battle with @Taorminator in race 1. We had a few nudges between us, mostly because we seemed insanely close on pace and spent a lot of the race bumber to bumper. I think that has to be the best (and longest) battle I've had since I joined RSR. @Taorminator - thanks for the clean racing, and sorry for that T1 that turned out to be scarier than I had realised!

Race 2 I got the left side for the start, which was more comfortable and I got away cleanly in second. I had expected to fall behind @CatchAGlimpse after his dominant race 1, but I managed to stay in the slipstream, leading to another awesome battle. I did take the lead for a lap or so, but sadly I made a silly mistake that @CatchAGlimpse pounced on. I'm pretty happy I managed to close the gap again and put the pressure on, but he turned out to be too cool a customer. Again, very respectful, clean racing made for a fun experience.

Two times 2nd place is my best RSR result to date I think. Now if only I can take that to race one where there are points up for grabs :)

Second is awesome! Now you finish second in Round 1 and I'll mop up first ;) then us Radgies will be looking good. @Darksi should be picking up third. Good luck everyone, you aren't beating us :hilarious:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Great fight man :) had loads of fun

If only my teamate could get the F off while I'm battling with you :D
Post automatically merged:

Great fight man :) had loads of fun

If only my teamate could get the F off while I'm battling with you :D
Would that be considered as "unnecessary ts chatter" if I had called "corentin, this is james, let tao pass, i repeat, let tao pass" :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread