Qualifying
Duration:20 mins
Start Time:13:00
Weather Forecast:Clear

Race
Duration:60 Minutes
Start Time:14:00
Weather Forecast:Clear > Overcast > Light Rain

Starting Procedure: Standing Start for race 1. Rolling Start for race 2, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

[tracklayout.png]

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not going to be able to make this one now given the 1st pre-season event is now the day before this :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not going to be able to make this one now given the 1st pre-season event is now the day before this :(
No problem, attending one is more than enough!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Litte change:

In-Game Date: 17th April 2019

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Won't be able to make this. Our power utility has problems again and we have rotational power cuts. I am scheduled to be cut at 17:00 UTC to 19:30 UTC

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Something came up, so I won't make it tonight.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to create a spring and damper setting that is not turning your car around when driving over curbs?
Even with the default setup the car tries to kill me when using standard sized curbs.
I just wanted to know if there is a solution, or if the car is just not able to drive over curbs as most other cars.
(Or is this just a PC2 problem i have forgotten about?)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to create a spring and damper setting that is not turning your car around when driving over curbs?
Even with the default setup the car tries to kill me when using standard sized curbs.
I just wanted to know if there is a solution, or if the car is just not able to drive over curbs as most other cars.
(Or is this just a PC2 problem i have forgotten about?)
loose.png Loose setupe

Edite.png Edite

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Starting Procedure: Standing Start for race 1. Rolling Start for race 2, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

@t0daY Copy paste error I believe.... Gonna assume its a rolling start for this 'endurance' event?
as opposed to the ingame standing start

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So, from my PoV with the controller, with the wet conditions lasting approx 23 mins... I'd burnt through two sets of wets compared to yesterday. Whatever you had the tyre wear rate at tonight was, for me too much. But I'm happy to see what the feedback is from other people & live with the majority decision.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with tyre issues. Perhaps I came in too soon also. My front left was gone completely with 10 minutes to go. I stayed out. Problem was, I was doubting if I'd put wets on at all, and then once I saw the tyre wear, I backed off and tried to save them. I was in P9 after my pitstop and going well, but then I gradually lost places. I also think I got my set-up wrong. I had no top end, despite adjusting my final drive to suit. I was also getting a lot of damage on my engine, but I didn't feel like I was pushing it to the limiter on upshifts or downshifts.

Anyway, I like this car. However I need to find some speed in qualifying. 2nd from last is not ideal :( At least I showed decent race pace.

See you all at round 1

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Not a bad race today, pretty uneventful for me except for the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes.
Near the first few laps I was spun out on corner one. Not sure by who or if it was my fault, but I'd have to watch the replays. For some reason as well my wheel decided to "decalibrate" itself with the game, and I had to turn the wheel significantly more IRL just to turn since my ingame hands were not synced with my IRL hands at all. Not sure what caused this, probably a bug.
I had a nice couple side by side battles with @Diluvian in the last 20 minutes however and it was a good laugh. Also, you did tap me Diluvian, but don't worry about it :) I forgot to set my input device to my Oculus so I couldn't speak at all haha.
Also, on tyre wear, I noticed that my dry tyres seemed to fall off relatively quickly, but not too badly, and by the end of the race my wets were pretty badly damaged, down to about 75% damage/wear (25% from bottom) on the front left tyre. It doesn't seem like I had it nearly as bad as Fubii or Hinesy, but I did see some ridiculous tyre wear.

I think I need to get a setup for the coming rounds however, could not find the straight line speed or the pace at all.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Stream the last 10 minutes of the hourly race!

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
In full light rain saturation the slicks isn't that bad, seeing that it can't hold temperature. Grip is ofc very low but aquaplaning wasn't such a problem. Still I would think it was already quicker to change to wets for one lap. Wet tires work well in light rain. Tire wear of the slicks in dry is okayish seeing that in 60 minutes race you'd need a few additional liters of fuel anyway. The wet tires wears out very quickly, a few long corner and some accidental lock ups and at the set wear rate, the wet tire is gone within 10 minutes. Lockup wear is exaggerated I feel.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I qualified 6th, SIXTH! WOW! :D

Had a bad start though, and after about three corners the race was sort of over :grumpy: because I couldn't avoid colliding cars in front of me. I think someone without mirrors started the carnage... hope he will get his mirrors fixed before the start of the season :rolleyes:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My thoughts on the tyres, if you are doing a full wet race, you should set tyre degredation to normal possibly? For the slicks, it seems that accelerated tyre ear would be fine for a full hours race for more than 1 strategy.

Diluvian

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a nice couple side by side battles with @Diluvian in the last 20 minutes however and it was a good laugh. Also, you did tap me Diluvian, but don't worry about it :) I forgot to set my input device to my Oculus so I couldn't speak at all haha.

I didn't feel any touch but it looked like you had some troubles midcorner due to a touch. I asked you if there was a touch but as you already mentioned you weren't able to answer me. I would have given you back the position:)

For me the race ended in the first s-combination in first lap because of side-by-side driving without getting enough space mid corner. Had to repair the completely destroyed car and was about 1 lap behind the leader after lap 1.

Slick tyre wear was good imo, there was a continuous slight decrease in grip until the stop. The wets went off quite fast, at least the front tires. I had no more grip the last few laps and the wear was maxed out for one tyre. As UnstopPaul said, if there is a complete rainy race the wear shall be reduced for those races.

Users who are viewing this thread