Project CARS 2 R1: Road America (1 Viewer)

R1: Road America
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
It may be quite hard with a controller but I've been using the loose rear to help rotate the car while keeping momentum up has been key for me to getting a low 1.57 in qualy fuel.
Ah yes I see, I've mostly been using a loose rear to have a close up inspection of the cars that were behind me. The Ginetta is definitely more of dancing around the corners, but I'm not very good at dancing.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I haven't tested using the official qualifying start times yet so that time may change. I know of others doing 1.57s in qualy fuel so I assumed @Puffpirat / @ProjectPD would be doing a 1.56 or something ;) I've maybe done 200 laps of practice currently as I originally struggled to get under 2mins at all and after seeing @Corentin_Bergès with a 1.57.5 in TT I knew I had work to do.

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
I haven't tested using the official qualifying start times yet so that time may change. I know of others doing 1.57s in qualy fuel so I assumed @Puffpirat / @ProjectPD would be doing a 1.56 or something ;) I've maybe done 200 laps of practice currently as I originally struggled to get under 2mins at all and after seeing @Corentin_Bergès with a 1.57.5 in TT I knew I had work to do.
I'm starting to wonder what I signed up for.....

This is going to be like when the British Superbike are doing testing on a track day I'm attending and come past me like they're using Physics v2.0!

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder what I signed up for.....

This is going to be like when the British Superbike are doing testing on a track day I'm attending and come past me like they're using Physics v2.0!
Don't worry, I am in the same spot as you ;)
We will race in the midfield for best of the rest!

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I only did some testing yesterday in the conditions for race 2. Didn't do a quali sim yet but yeah, currently sitting at high 57s, low 58s for race pace :) Really challenging track, never really clicked with it but I'm getting there :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1.57.5 in TT I knew I had work to do
dont worry too much about Time trial times, these are always run in perfect conditions and with super low fuel.

As a reminder to everyone, TeamSpeak is freely available for you to make use of, whether its testing together, working on setup or looking for support. jump on and dont be afraid to join in!

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
dont worry too much about Time trial times, these are always run in perfect conditions and with super low fuel.

As a reminder to everyone, TeamSpeak is freely available for you to make use of, whether its testing together, working on setup or looking for support. jump on and dont be afraid to join in!

In fact for this race conditions are quite similar between TT and real conditions (21st March, 12:00) even with more fuel.
Btw @CatchAGlimpse my setup is good for quali but not really sustainable for a 30min race. And 200 laps my gosh O.O

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am very much looking forward to this season if there is a general openness and willingness to discuss races beforehand. The previous season felt extreme, somehow too competitive, this is getting off to a good start. :)

Managed only 1:59.3 in TT, which was basically default with radiator closed and softs and pressures (ginetta) . However, it feels like I get no improvement from setup changes. Some tweaks give a 2:00 or just below with race fuel. Now we sit with rotational power cuts, practice seems impossible.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah you’re right last season was very tight lipped. I’m looking forward to pc2 again :)

Regarding pace, is that on loose or stable? Loose is quicker but a bit edgy. Nothing a more compliant diff won’t change. Also that rear rebound on the ginetta is crazy.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah you’re right last season was very tight lipped. I’m looking forward to pc2 again :)

Regarding pace, is that on loose or stable? Loose is quicker but a bit edgy. Nothing a more compliant diff won’t change. Also that rear rebound on the ginetta is crazy.

Mine was on loose. I got the impression confidence and skill are absolutely critical here, I look forward to watching you guys, for a very short while during the race. Dampers are still the darkest of arts for me, got no feeling for it. I usually just revert to jussi's spreadsheet and hope that is okay.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mid 2:01's.....I'm in for a lonely first season in PC2

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I send my sympathies now for anyone else using an oculus for the first race. The low light through the trees really screws with the rendering, making it a pixelated mess, it's pure guesswork where the white lines are.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am running about the same at the moment. there will always be someone to race
Post automatically merged:

I send my sympathies now for anyone else using an oculus for the first race. The low light through the trees really screws with the rendering, making it a pixelated mess, it's pure guesswork where the white lines are.
Hmmm cant say i have ever noticed that its either that or my old eyes just dont notice that.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Everything changes during the race for me. Sometimes I follow someone who is just a bit faster than me and my laptimes improve simply due to that. Sometimes (most times) I get a bit overwhelmed and anxious and loose all confidence.
There will always be someone to race. There is always someone friendly close to or at your speed. I love this place for it.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
By all love for realism, i suggest to disable most of the sun effects. At least that‘s what i did. because wearing sunglasses under the rift is not an option :cool:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

That will be me... oh wait that doesn't work in the rift :p

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@t0daY, Is it possible that I can be a spectator for this race? There is a chance I won't be able to drive, but I really want to record every race and have the save file for a highlight movie in the end.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY, Is it possible that I can be a spectator for this race? There is a chance I won't be able to drive, but I really want to record every race and have the save file for a highlight movie in the end.

If there is space sure :)

Users who are viewing this thread