Project CARS 2 R1: Road America (1 Viewer)

R1: Road America
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
The first race had a few incidents and I was rear-ended by someone. The second race was fun but for some reason, some lapped cars thought you can fight for your position and mess up other peoples races, there was an incident in front of me where there was contact while passing a lapped car which is not necessary. I like racing with rsr because everyone is reasonable when it comes to the racing here and it should be kept that way. The chatter is also getting out of control on TS and every time everyone is reminded that it should be kept to a minimum but you constantly hear complaining and people making noises which is very distracting. I had fun though, had a couple of nice scraps with people and I am hopeful for a fun season.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well despite my nerves about my first PC2 season, that was really good. My first race was a bit of a disaster spinning on the last corner. Those damn kerbs! Tried to pit but missed my pit box, my crew didn’t seem to appear. Decided to cut my loses and finished with a badly damaged car. Was being passed very easily.

Second race much better and came home in 15th. Really nice battle with @Darksi for a few laps. You were so fast in the straights!

Looking forward to round 2.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well what can i say lol..

RACE 1....
Nothing got Pcar'd lol..

RACE 2...
After a disaster quali i found my self in p24 made up to p22 with some getting booted. I knew i had pace so my goal was to start of agresssive and pass as many as i could. That worked out great made a few spots and ended up behinde my team mate @Darksi so i sat behinde him waiting for him an @hinsy32 to have a moment it never happened and i got fed up so i turned it up a notch.. Only i turned the dial to 100 and subsequently spun out putting me back to 26th. So i pushed hard to regain spots 2 laps after i spin again same place i had no idea why it was doing it so i had to lift round the corner. It didnt loose me too much time tho and i plodded on gaining place after place ending up in 17th were i found myself in the hole were i was way ahead of the car behind and way behind the car in front.. I had 2 options stay here and bwg the points or push to gain another..i picked push. So lap after lap after lap i hacked at the distance to the car in front but time was not on myside i managed to get it right down to 1 second and i even thinknwe finished nose to tail.... I didnt think id enjoy this race/event but if the rest is like that im looking forward to the next one...

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a YouTube upload as well? Would like to watch, twitch does not agree with me
You can re-watch the stream on twitch:

And

Video is cut because I had a DC during race 1

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
Well what can i say lol..

RACE 1....
Nothing got Pcar'd lol..

RACE 2...
After a disaster quali i found my self in p24 made up to p22 with some getting booted. I knew i had pace so my goal was to start of agresssive and pass as many as i could. That worked out great made a few spots and ended up behinde my team mate @Darksi so i sat behinde him waiting for him an @hinsy32 to have a moment it never happened and i got fed up so i turned it up a notch.. Only i turned the dial to 100 and subsequently spun out putting me back to 26th. So i pushed hard to regain spots 2 laps after i spin again same place i had no idea why it was doing it so i had to lift round the corner. It didnt loose me too much time tho and i plodded on gaining place after place ending up in 17th were i found myself in the hole were i was way ahead of the car behind and way behind the car in front.. I had 2 options stay here and bwg the points or push to gain another..i picked push. So lap after lap after lap i hacked at the distance to the car in front but time was not on myside i managed to get it right down to 1 second and i even thinknwe finished nose to tail.... I didnt think id enjoy this race/event but if the rest is like that im looking forward to the next one...
Was it you who smashed me off the track when I was lapping you instead of easing off for a second and letting me by? Destroyed my suspension and my race. Don't mind if your racing for position, but I was on the coat tails of BlueFrog and gaining time on them whilst you were on your own not fighting with anybody! I really expected more decency, if I wanted to be smashed about I'd just join a random race not a private series.

Last edited:

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Season starts well, already fulfilling my team name's destiny (Me him & we crash together), just not the "we" part yet :p
Race 1:
20190321232439_1.jpg

Race 2:
20190321234501_1.jpg

But on the other hand, went 3 wide into T1 race 2 and survived :p, awesome
20190321233626_1.jpg

20190321233638_1.jpg

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was it you who smashed me off the track when I was lapping you instead of easing off for a second and letting me by? Destroyed my suspension and my race. Don't mind if your racing for position, but I was on the coat tails of BlueFrog and gaining time on them whilst you were on your own not fighting with anybody! I really expected more decency, if I wanted to be smashed about I'd just join a random race not a private series.

As @Battenberg already said, if you are not happy about certain 'moves' which happen in the race you got 2 options:

Option 1: Shift the discussion into PM / TeamSpeak conversation and sort it out in private
OR
Option 2: Open a steward case in the steward room and our stewards will take a look and may speak out a penalty

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
@MarkyPea you're new here, so just a heads up: Incident discussions between drivers should happen in a PM or in private in teamspeak after the race. You have the option to bring up a case to the stewards, but don't do your dirty washing in public ;)
Ok. I was more highlighting that we have rules in place and one would expect gentlemanly conduct in general. In race 1 I eased off to let the guy who I had been following back in front due to the car he was lapping hindering his progress to the point that he was off track. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistic. On track in real life I don't hold up those who are quicker than me. The dirty washing is in the video anyway.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok. I was more highlighting that we have rules in place and one would expect gentlemanly conduct in general. In race 1 I eased off to let the guy who I had been following back in front due to the car he was lapping hindering his progress to the point that he was off track. Perhaps my expectations were unrealistic. On track in real life I don't hold up those who are quicker than me. The dirty washing is in the video anyway.

The thing is, and I would like to close this topic down then, you are accusing someone about something you are not even sure of. You have to opportunity to review the replay, get your stuff together and file a protest / submit a steward case.

We can not monitor every car at every lap, but if something bad happened we motivate people to bring it up into the stewards room. We are all here to improve and nobody is perfect! Literally "shit" can happen, in real racing and sim racing.

I killed @Puffpirat last season in the last race (obviously not intended) and took his chances to win the championship. New season and we are now teammates. I can only give you the advise to not see everything that critical and black & white. Nobody here is a professional, the expectation that everything is 1:1 like in RL is for sure unrealistic and I guarantee you, you won't find it anywhere.

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Couldn't be happier with how this season started. Really struggled with the car in practice, but could get over it with a great setup from @UnstopaPaul :)

Qualified P5 in the first race and got promoted to 4th with @Corentin_Bergès strange incident. Also managed to go by @Puffpirat due to his unlucky incidents. Finished in P3 just in front of Paul marking a great start for both of us.

In the second race I qualified in 6th and had a great fight in the first few corners with @Taorminator . After that I caught damage due to kerbs being unfriendly and just managed P5 until the end.

Now I'm sitting in P3 in the championship (was hoping for top 10 before the races lol) with Paul just behind in P4, both of us showing good pace. Also we were able to lock down the team championship in the lead for now, so that just makes it better :D

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had so much fun tonight - actually really enjoyed this combo. Only downside for me was the dirty air was unexpectedly heavy so when catching up to back markers, closing in that final 1sec gap would cost a second or two in lap time.

2nd in both races was way more than I was hoping for so I'm over the moon. Loved battling with @Puffpirat in race 2 in particular, such a shame the moment happened with the back marker. Super happy with the two defensive moves :)

1st defence

2nd defence

The stream was great so big thanks to @fab. ICEMAN and @ovivoJR for your efforts.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
OK, this is the scariest start to the season!

Some insanely close racing though. This car is a winner I think

@UnstopaPaul That was me. This is the moment when you hate Pcars so much. Well, you hate it after 20 seconds, because this is so sudden and unexpected that my brain froze for several dozen of seconds. I saved the replay file, will upload tomorrow, and it is completly broken, but let's keep the tension :eek:.

This first Revolution Cup race participation was at the same time good and bad.

Quali 1
Good, I qualified P4 in the quali, stealing the place in my second and last attempt. (10 min is really short !)

Race 1
Bad, because all the work we've put into this with my teammate @Taorminator were smashed in the first race, with me being launched into the air before the race even started, getting me a 30+ front suspension damage making the car undrivable, and Tao being disconnected from Project Cars.
I finally managed after a (way too long) pitstop in the second lap to fall back in the leading battle between @CatchAGlimpse and @Puffpirat, but one lap late. I was constantly checking my rear mirror, being ready to let the place to @Puffpirat if i was feeling to slow. He asked me to pass before the Carrousel, which of course i let him do. Sadly he lost it after the long straight with a spin.
This race was then a real pain, with me being quite fast but doing big mistakes. I had completly lost my concentration and i lost the rear twice in the carrousel, with @Darksi managing to avoid my uncontrolable car which was going away and back to the track a couple of time in front of his very nose.
Finally managed to finish P17, quite disappointing result.

Quali 2
The second quali was going on much better than the first one, and i was hoping for a new P4 on the grid, before i got pushed by my very teammate @Taorminator for 1/1000th of a second with 1:57.992 vs 1:57.991. Hopefully this was giving me the inside racing line, and with Tao missing the start i managed to ge to P4 quite easily.

Race 2
Little minor changes to the setup were making the car less prone to oversteer in the carrousel with the rear getting loose for no reason during race 1. @Puffpirat lost it in the very same corner than he lost it in front of me in the first race with a backmarker closing the door a bit too much while he was catching @CatchAGlimpse , i avoided him i still dunno how, having no damage at all despite a little contact with the spinned car.

I managed to keep my third place till the end, the gap between @CatchAGlimpse and me boucing between 1.5s and 3s for the whole race.
@Taorminator finished 4th, and that's making quite a nice teamfinish for the first round of the season !

That's actually my first RSR podium :p:D:woot: , had been looking for it for a long time, given i finished 4 times at the 4th place during the Ferrari challenge.

I enjoyed it so much, i watched the complete replay just afterwards and i'd like to thank @ovivoJR and @fab. ICEMAN for the nice work, it was a pleasure to look at, and i'm still embarassed from the description you make of me at the begiining of the stream :sorry: xD
Hopefully the next track will allow closer fights, the nice old fashined track of Road America being quite a nightmare with LMP3 because of the dirty air and the unique possible racing line.

Cheers,
Corentin

Post automatically merged:

---------------------------------------------Stickos Motorsport Magasine n°1---------------------------------------------
Live longer, drink gasoline, drive a Ligier !

Let's revive the second race start together (from Stickos Motorsport team view :p )

A pretty impressive field of 30 pilots in the start/finish straight of Road America, ready to floor the gas pedal for 30 min for this second race.

Down the second turn, it's already quite clear @ProjectPD is the master here in America. Will @CatchAGlimpse be able to compete ?

The Stickos Madness Motorsport team will do this time a nice performance, with the #82 car driven by the previously unlucky French @Corentin_Bergès and the #83 driven by his friend but nevertheless rival belgian @Taorminator finishing on the 3rd and 4th place.
In Stickos Madness team, we've heard : "if the first race isn't screwed, we can't call it a win".
Let's hope they won't screw it too much, though ! Interestingly, Ligier #82 and #83 cars were running quite differents setups. The manager Alexander Stickococo confesses : "We've done a lot of testing and setup to adapt the cars to this difficult track. Right now, we have the only Ligier car on the Podium out of 6 car. We are satisfied."

In the corner at the end of sector two, a hard braking zone, the message is clear. There will be no mercy between #27 and #72.
Is this a coincidence Meisterjäger maFIA driver #27 @Puffpirat and CatchASlowGlimpse driver @CatchAGlimpse, who founded the team with his teammate @Born2BSlow, share the name numbers ? We don't think so, and the battle won't be who of 7 and 2 will be on the top 5, but who will finish first and who won't.

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread