Project CARS 2 PC2 | Revolution Cup - R1/7: Watkins Glen (1 Viewer)

PC2 | Revolution Cup - R1/7: Watkins Glen
Posted by m4nu
Season 8
Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't haha. Had a spin coming out the final corner & before I realised I was in the pit lane backwards... instant disqualification. iegaFiuebavcyuhfgp93428yrYOUDIRTYMOTHERFUhuilfoaweugfbEWJRF

Dunno what it is about Watkins but the tyres for me just dropped off completely after 13/14 mins in each round. pressures were good sitting 1.72 front 1.68 rear. Temps were below 94. Performance & grip just fell away for me completely.
It was quite consistent to me but yeah you had to adapt your line slightly to ease off them

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very much glad to see the back of this championship. I know that I don't know what I'm talking about, but that car is simply the worst car I've ever driven in any sim. Anyway, that aside I enjoyed being involved and being with like minded people every Thursday for a bunch of weeks.

Race 1 was a disaster for me. I had no FFB on my new wheel despite a couple of restarts. So I had even worse feeling with this car than normal. Sorry to anyone that I got in the way of. Race 2 was a little better. Still no FFB but got used to it. I also kept getting engine damage. This was happening throughout the season. After 20 minutes I was losing power at the top end on the long straights.

Sorry to my teammate @Battenberg for being totally s#*t and thanks to the league organisers, winners, podium finishers and anyone I managed to have a battle with for more than 2 seconds.

Hopefully see you next season

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Very much glad to see the back of this championship. I know that I don't know what I'm talking about, but that car is simply the worst car I've ever driven in any sim. Anyway, that aside I enjoyed being involved and being with like minded people every Thursday for a bunch of weeks.

Race 1 was a disaster for me. I had no FFB on my new wheel despite a couple of restarts. So I had even worse feeling with this car than normal. Sorry to anyone that I got in the way of. Race 2 was a little better. Still no FFB but got used to it. I also kept getting engine damage. This was happening throughout the season. After 20 minutes I was losing power at the top end on the long straights.

Sorry to my teammate @Battenberg for being totally s#*t and thanks to the league organisers, winners, podium finishers and anyone I managed to have a battle with for more than 2 seconds.

Hopefully see you next season
Don't be too hard on yourself some guys here have a lot of experience and can help you out if you struggle with the setup or feel off pace. Don't hesitate to shout on the forum or come early for a group practice ;) it is a difficult car to drive but so much fun!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't be too hard on yourself some guys here have a lot of experience and can help you out if you struggle with the setup or feel off pace. Don't hesitate to shout on the forum or come early for a group practice ;) it is a difficult car to drive but so much fun

Thanks @Taorminator You're probably right. I have less than 100 hours on PC2, which I'm sure is a fraction of the fast guys on here. I got help from a few people throughout the season, with setups and general tips. So thanks to all those that did. I just want to be competitive. I really like the specification of this car, all the ingredients are there, just an idiot behind the wheel!

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can anyone share the replay of Race 2? Or let me know if i left enough space in the uphill section of lap 2?
Besides of that, great racing, thanks to all for the season!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share the replay of Race 2? Or let me know if i left enough space in the uphill section of lap 2?
Besides of that, great racing, thanks to all for the season!

You were fine Nakor, VSonic ran into back of me as you and I were side by side, luckily as I spun I only clipped you and you could continue. We were having a great battle until then, sorry it ended there for me. :(

15 front damage afterwards, pitted for repair, which was the right thing to do as I caught back up to VSonic who didn’t bother at a rate of about 4/5 seconds a lap. I managed to get back up to 13th, and with a couple more laps I might have caught hinesy for 12th. The only fun I had was pushing to catch peeps ahead.

The good thing I found with @CatchAGlimpse setup was as the front tyres wore down the car became more stable and I could push more, I just got faster and faster :D, or should I say less slow lol

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh and apologies to anyone who got deafened by my teampseak technical hitch when I first signed in last night, I didn't even realise I was transmitting especailly as I hadn't turned on my mic...very sorry!

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Last stage became a pure joy for me as I finally managed to become more confident about the car and the track. My gratitude to @CatchAGlimpse for his kind help with setup. The only difference between his setup and mine was the Dampers section (and I kept my steering ratio at default 13.6.0) but oh boy what a difference it makes in terms of handling! Thank you man, I'm very obliged!

The cup:
It was a mix of frustration and success for me. Daytona, Donington and Nurburgring stages weren't kind to me and brought much disappointment. But then I somehow managed to reset myself, got rid of pessimistic mood, set a goal to enjoy the driving and voilà my laps became more consistent and my results became better: 3rd/3rd in Hockenheim, 8th (not the best but still within the first ten) in Fuji, and 5th/5th in Watkins Glen.
I'm not lying to myself, my standings would be worse if more fast drivers took part in the Cup (like @SBart_uk , @Alex Salmon ) but still it was a fair competition within a very tight grid.
As for team, I'd like to thank @FuBii for his priceless efforts during the cup, especially his for his teamplay during Hockenheim session. Unfortunately we didn't communicate much about setups as driving with a controller needs different approach. But after all I'm very impressed with his dedication and his Qualification results. He's definitely the fastest controller guy I know in pCars2. @FuBii you did great! And I'm very sorry about what happened in the final stage, when he spun into the pit backwards.

To summarize, after missing two championships this year, I think it was a good return into the family :)
My thanks to @Born2BSlow @Explousion @Nakor @t0daY @Eugene Gajkin @kobusnell for tense and exciting racing!

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
with a couple more laps I might have caught hinesy for 12th

Yea, you would have definitely caught me if we had a couple more laps. I was in a good ryhthm and then had a half spin which lost me time and then couldn't quite get back into it again.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yea, you would have definitely caught me if we had a couple more laps. I was in a good ryhthm and then had a half spin which lost me time and then couldn't quite get back into it again.

I noticed that, you were matching my pace for a few laps, then lost a good chunk of time and I started reeling you in. You seemed to lose consistency, my pace was always within half a second of my fastest lap, but some laps I would take chunks out of you and others I would barely gain anything. An interesting if slightly distant chase...stopped me just pootling round on my own though so thanks

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the season guys and keeping the most beautiful VR racing game alive :D

regarding VR, I have a weird issue in every session: once a session the game in VR freezes for 1-2 secs. In Donnington race 2 and in Nurburgring it resulted in me crashing into a wall. It was a huge luck for me that during Hockenheim and Fuji a freeze happened on a start-finish straight and yesterday I had it just before the bus stop.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I really should have opened with Congratulations to @CatchAGlimpse for taking the championship. A huge personal thanks to catch from me, because frankly without his setup work I'd have been nowhere. Your efforts are very much appreciated mate, and I hope we can team up again in the future, I'll try and get a bit closer on pace. :D

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone guys. Though I joined the last 2 races as a reserve driver, it was nice racing with you, as usual.

Coming back from a year-long break from sim racing, I am just beginning to get into form. In this light, it was a plus for my side to end both races higher than where I started (which isn't exactly saying much, considering I had comical quali times compared to the rest of the field and started last in both :D )

And much thanks to @CatchAGlimpse for his stellar setup. With that, the car was finally very predictable and actually nice to drive.

Looking forward to the next championship :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had great fun this season. And yesterday my best result finishing 10th.
After 2 years and +900 hrs of SIM-racing, starting from scratch, I'm still 'slowly' improving. Consistency was much better this season, also thanks to my new Fanatec gear. My speed needs to improve just a little so I can keep up better with the mid-field. It was quite a struggle to get where I am now, had to learn a lot about the game, racing, setups ... not forgetting the mental part ... 'be cool' :cool: Will have to re-read some books .... some stuff will be more easily to read, understand and remind after 2 yrs of racing.... I do not have to become the fastest SIM-racer... which is impossible age-wise anyway ... just want to become the best and fastest 'me'.
Hope to see you all back next season, especially the mid- fielders and back-markers :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread