Project CARS 2 R2: Circuit of The Americas (1 Viewer)

R2: Circuit of The Americas
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've only done full tank second session runs. Managed to dip below 2:00, but as soon as you hear rear tyre squeal you know whats coming...

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finally managed to do my first laps...I feel like a fidget-spinner.
But I managed to set a High 2:02. I need more practice though, only managed to do 3-4 clean laps right after each other.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Seems that this time I won't be the only one with a lousy setup ;)
Post automatically merged:

Lousy setup.. but the banner makes a great desktop! :D

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
cough(says the guy who wiped himself out on lap1 race1 by clipping a kerb)cough
I was also thinking something about the same lines, spinning out in both races, then giving tips how to be more consistent xD
Seems that this time I won't be the only one with a lousy setup ;)
dont think there is a good setup for these cars xD

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was also thinking something about the same lines, spinning out in both races, then giving tips how to be more consistent xD
dont think there is a good setup for these cars xD
It is mostly your driving style on this track, I feel like.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
There is hope if you can go gently on the tyres when you need to...as a backup set pit strategy to repairs only and you're all set!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For a track I don't click with, I seem to be doing ok with it in comparison to what some of you are saying.
Though I think the game thinks too much of me with a potential of 1.57.2.
best i've done is a 1.58.4 but race pace is more around the 2.01.
I found coasting through most of the first sector to be beneficial. feathering the throttle to about 50/60% to keep the momentum up (i should actually look at engine breaking now I type this...)
Take it super easy in the tight corners of T2 as a heavy foot will send you pirouetting. Avoid the outside kerbs as you (from experience) will find it difficult to put power down & keep it in a straight line.
THAT long right hander is an awkward one. I found trying to follow @Shepard through there to cause the car to do silly things. Thankfully there is a few different lines to take through it so should be able to get away with it.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The potential for this to be a huge mess is high, we need everyone to take a sensible pill in the race, at least on lap1...unfortunately saying it and doing it are 2 very different things! lol

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Managing 2.01's with light fuel and soft tyres. Race is likely to be 2.05's I'd say. Definitely a slow and steady approach for me.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The thing with cota is high df and be aggressive.. Remember its a smooth flowing track no bumps so set your car up for a smooth track. We all knkw how to do that..... Don't we lol.

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
Dear admins, would like to admit that WTF Racing Team ready to race, if there is any chance for us to take a part in a thursday event, let us know

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The thing with cota is high df and be aggressive.. Remember its a smooth flowing track no bumps so set your car up for a smooth track. We all knkw how to do that..... Don't we lol.
Ofc we do....could you remind me?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
@Members I would appreciate it if we could start on time for this round and not have any delays. Some of us in America have evening affairs/jobs to tend to and make time for this race. Let's not have a 30 min delay like last race

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Members I would appreciate it if we could start on time for this round and not have any delays. Some of us in America have evening affairs/jobs to tend to and make time for this race. Let's not have a 30 min delay like last race
I don't know what time it is in America when the race starts and I also wasn't there last time, but a 30 min delay is a bit much.
Even for me who lives in EU that will make it around 23-24 ish

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Even in the UK I feel the delays can have an impact - as a suggestion could the server not be "ready to go" earlier so those who often encounter issues can get in the server early/have more time to troubleshoot any issues?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Will someone think of the admins?! hahah
It's ok to ask but sometimes our admins are under the same time issues/ constraints. The process is currently a lot more streamlined than it was for the first 2 Revolution Cup leagues.
There's also the potential for someone to struggle finding the server which can cause delays & in turn has that knock on effect for everything else.

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't know what time it is in America when the race starts and I also wasn't there last time, but a 30 min delay is a bit much.
Even for me who lives in EU that will make it around 23-24 ish
It's around 2;30 - 3;30 pm when the first race starts, and I have a night shift job.

Users who are viewing this thread