Project CARS 2 R2: Circuit of The Americas (1 Viewer)

R2: Circuit of The Americas
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, March 28, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well . MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM . HOPEFULLY IT WILL BE BETTER IN THE NEXT RACE

Why the caps? Keyboard stuck? xD

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
I would say the incident into T1 as somewhat unlucky, though I think it could have been avoided

T2 incident is totally on me, so big apologies @Elodyr @Nakor @The Breeze - though I honestly couldn't see @Elodyr in my mirror until <300ms before impact (see pics below, you have to click to enlarge), so I thought track is clear to rejoin, which it wasn't :( Sorry
Rejoin: vlcsnap-2019-03-29-13h13m35s934.png Contact: vlcsnap-2019-03-29-13h16m42s203.png

Last edited:

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would say the incident into T1 as somewhat unlucky, though I think it could have been avoided

T2 incident is totally on me, so big apologies @Elodyr @Nakor @The Breeze - though I honestly couldn't see @Elodyr in my mirror until <300ms before impact (see pics below, you have to click to enlarge), so I thought track is clear to rejoin, which it wasn't :( Sorry
Rejoin: View attachment 6540 Contact: View attachment 6541
i think almost you do it by intention. :p In RA you drove into my car (yeah i lost the control but you should see me long time in advance), then you tried to block me even as your car was way slower. And now this!
Just joking - apology accepted. :)
But please try next time to keep your communication shorter, as you were complaining about your AI driven car at the end i was still fighting hard for a position.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mine aren't as good as yours, but I hope I can tell a decent story.
Once upon a time, there was a field of 28 drivers with LMP3s racing at COTA in Project CARS 2.

Lap 1, P4-P6 entered Turn 1 3 wide, no risk no fun
View attachment 6526

On the exit of Turn 1, they upped it to 4 wide.
View attachment 6527

This can't end well, impending doooooooom, starting with #63
View attachment 6525

#41 goes airborne
View attachment 6528

Something is not quite right here, thinks #83 (onboard)
View attachment 6529

YIKES

View attachment 6530

You thought it ends here?
View attachment 6531

Poor #63 and #25
View attachment 6532

Keep "roelling"
View attachment 6533

View attachment 6534

The result of the carnage of Lap 1 of Race 2, all before Turn 3 ...
View attachment 6535
Disclaimer: Only egos were hurt in the carnage
I have to watch the replay to have the full picture but isn't going 4 wide the problem in the first place? I said it before the race but no, people continue to push like mad men in T1... from what I remember I kept my line then got pushed from everywhere and I have aero damage. Can we be more sensible in the next one please? There was carnage every race so far, something is obiously wrong

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
I have to watch the replay to have the full picture but isn't going 4 wide the problem in the first place?
Check the replay, I did intentionally not show what is the cause for each of the collisions because I didn't want to point fingers. We didn't go 4 wide into the corner, only 3 wide, on the apex it was again 2 wide, on the exit it became 4 wide because of unfortunate slight contact.

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't complain! ;)
For being such a Slowpoke and the absolute worst at american tracks all around (Laguna Seca is the exception here, love that track)
and considering, the fact, that this is the first time in such a packed field with the LMP3? Yeah was awesome!

Getting 17th and 16th in both races starting from the back of the field, no spins, not causing incidents felt pretty good! Slow and steady actually did something for me go figure!

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Before the race I was joking with my team mate about the useless information you sometimes get from CrewChief, 'like Alien X just did a 1:54'.
I exaggerated, and considered it being completely impossible to go that fast around the COTA track... but then @ProjectPD just did do so... amazing!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah and @ProjectPD pitted on lap13 was back in 13th and finished 4th on lap18, just bonkers quick! 9 passes in 5 laps

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I keep looking at the results and standings thread, and get excited when I see t0day next to it, until I realise it’s Manu’s username not the latest update date .... every time, you’d think I’d realise after the first few times.

Are there are stewards reviews regarding possible penalties still under discussion? Not in a rush, just excited after a good couple of races to see where I’m at :)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I keep looking at the results and standings thread, and get excited when I see t0day next to it, until I realise it’s Manu’s username not the latest update date .... every time, you’d think I’d realise after the first few times.

Are there are stewards reviews regarding possible penalties still under discussion? Not in a rush, just excited after a good couple of races to see where I’m at :)
Stewards are busy reviewing all cases

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
As I haven’t been invited to comment on any (other than my own submission) I guess I’m in the clear then ;)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Could you call this a dodging save?

Sorry for no ingame sound, that was something weird with my temp tv screen for this race. Audio only came out of the screen not my headset.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Could you call this a dodging save?

Sorry for no ingame sound, that was something weird with my temp tv screen for this race. Audio only came out of the screen not my headset.
:rolleyes: Sorry.....that was me on the left...avoiding the car in front of me..hope It didn't cause you any damage

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Sorry.....that was me on the left...avoiding the car in front of me..hope It didn't cause you any damage
Didn't give me any damage and it wasn't your fault. We were both trying to avoid carnage. I would say it was a racing incident and even more my fault than yours.
If I really thought it would have been your fault I would have posted this in the steward room. ;)

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey gents

Was there any 'coverage' of this race with commentary....same a race one?

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread