Project CARS 2 R3: Silverstone (1 Viewer)

R3: Silverstone
Posted by Darksi
Project CARS 2
Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 21:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Heh, it's unfair though, because I see you are using auto clutch on. Set it to off, it will give you around 2-3 tenths per lap.
He is on controller, how should he not be using autoclutch? Or doesn't it matter because the clio has seq shifter?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
He is on controller, how should he not be using autoclutch?
Its no h-shifter car, therefore autoclutch is not needed... does not matter if you are a wheel or controller user :p

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Literally leave it on to save my ass should I spin out or get involved in an incident..

cpcdem

Community Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could assign a button to clutch. Although I guess you are already short on available buttons...

cpcdem

Community Member
Reaction score
Arghh, I thought it was race day tonight, switched the airco on to max, did my practice, joined TeamSpeak and saw people racing in other games! So that's why there was not much talk here about the Silverstone race yet :)

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry not avalible for this one..

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
How are people finding the laptimes in the wet??
Kinda worried my pace is gonna be way off the mark for this round...

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
How are people finding the laptimes in the wet??
Kinda worried my pace is gonna be way off the mark for this round...
Aweful... Around 10 seconds slower than in the dry :eek: Corentin was lapping 1:16, but that was at the beginning of the session, when track wasn't soaked yet, and he was on slicks. Max speed is more than 10kph lower on hangar straight. But I am glad, that it's only light rain, the car doesn't act too weired. @FuBii Meet me at the track tonight so we can exchange our setups.

Henri

Community Member
Reaction score
@t0daY Sorry guys, I have to retire from the Cup - I have a neck hernia that destroys nearly all my night rest. I am afraid racing doesn't help my condition either.

Can you please take me from the drivers roster - hopefully you can make some else happy with that spot.

Last edited:

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Aweful... Around 10 seconds slower than in the dry :eek: Corentin was lapping 1:16, but that was at the beginning of the session, when track wasn't soaked yet, and he was on slicks. Max speed is more than 10kph lower on hangar straight. But I am glad, that it's only light rain, the car doesn't act too weired. @FuBii Meet me at the track tonight so we can exchange our setups.
Once the track in really filled with rain, lapping around 1:22, but @Born2BSlow was managing 1:20s 1:21s on a regular base

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Once the track in really filled with rain, lapping around 1:22, but @Born2BSlow was managing 1:20s 1:21s on a regular base

No, you are mistaken it was 1:31's ;)

Front left takes a bit of a battering again and there doesn't appear to be much draft so overtaking opportunities will be limited to mistakes by the lead driver I think. The good news is that if you can nurse the front left better than the guy you're following, then those opportunities will come! I'm thinking carefully about my lines to find some way to keep the temps under control...the open exit at turn 5 will help a little.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
No, you are mistaken it was 1:31's ;)

Front left takes a bit of a battering again and there doesn't appear to be much draft so overtaking opportunities will be limited to mistakes by the lead driver I think. The good news is that if you can nurse the front left better than the guy you're following, then those opportunities will come! I'm thinking carefully about my lines to find some way to keep the temps under control...the open exit at turn 5 will help a little.
Hmmmm no I don't think so your best lap was 1:18 when it was still a bit dry and I was at best 2 sec off of this lap

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Struggling on the wets with understeer. When it's wet, I do about 1:22s, 1:23s.

Single player sim with AI only had the track drying at about 14 or so minutes left, if was wet for a long long time. But that's quite random, right?

Dry about 1:14s. But it has to be dry dry.

I'm a bit sick, so couldn't do all the prep I want to...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok feel a bit better if others are also lapping around the 1.22 mark. Found in the 2nd race that the track drys pretty rapidly with 17 minutes left.. About 3 laps after the rain stops its pretty good for the slicks as the times tumble rapidly... Fuel stop was required when I last did a race run even with a full tank.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok feel a bit better if others are also lapping around the 1.22 mark. Found in the 2nd race that the track drys pretty rapidly with 17 minutes left.. About 3 laps after the rain stops its pretty good for the slicks as the times tumble rapidly... Fuel stop was required when I last did a race run even with a full tank.
I guess it is then very random. Mine was with about 28 cars on track... :shifty:

BeatFlitz

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, i wont continue to drive in the Clio cup...the car is just not fun for me, GLHF to everyone who still goes on :D (see you in the next season maybe ^^)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My clio door to your clio door :

Users who are viewing this thread