Qualifying
Duration:10 mins10 mins
Start Time:11:0017:00
Weather Forecast:Heavy CloudLight Rain

Race
Duration:5 + 30 Minutes5 + 30 Minutes
Start Time:12:0018:00
Weather Forecast:OvercastRain -> Clear

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Driver List
01 @MgcAdri
02 @ovivoJR
03 @Rargon
04 @Jonno - Available >> Replacing @t0daY
05 @benimi
06 @-=EV3RY=-
07 @EDDY PRIME - Available
08 @Pierre CREUSEVAULT - Available
09 @Gatland190
10 @Thomas Sikora
11 @Freak Superman

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reserved Post

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rrrrrain? Interesting...
Looking forward to this.

Last season we waited for the track to get wet before we started with qualifying. Will we have something similar?

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
Rain -> Clear. Interesting. Is this a 50/50 split? 15 mins rain and 15 mins clear?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im free....

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rrrrrain? Interesting...
Looking forward to this.

Last season we waited for the track to get wet before we started with qualifying. Will we have something similar?
Yeah we could start second quali directly after race 1 and do our break while the track rains in. Eg set the quali to 20mins.
Rain -> Clear. Interesting. Is this a 50/50 split? 15 mins rain and 15 mins clear?
It‘s a bit random but with sync to race it should be more or less 50/50.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When it comes to weather, there's always a "transition" from one condition to the other, so in the case of "Rain->Clear", the rain will ease off gradually. What tends to happen is the rain will start easing off around 10 minutes in to the 30 minutes and then will probably stop at around the 20-minute mark. The key thing to bear in mind is that weather doesn't simply go from Rain to No Rain instantly, same as Clear to Cloud will result in clouds gradually forming. It is far more "organic" for want of a better word.

re. quali, I will check but I would expect the most logical thing we can do is to get the server set up 15 minutes earlier than normal and have the circuit "wetted in". If we do operate this system then, as before, anybody crossing the pit-exit line before the manul "green light" is given will be disqualified from the qualiying results and will start at the back of the grid.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Really hyped for this, as i was complaining today with @Pierre CREUSEVAULT that we werenot using dynamic weather conditions. Did you hear me ? :eek::p
Unless you do three weather slots , with two filled with rain, and one with clear, or 4 weather slots;...etc... Could be nice to really have the surprise, as it will add a random factor that cannot be planned :)

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If we could get the stance on qualifying today that would be great.

Also thanks for putting the thread up a day earlier than usual to give us all an extra day to prepare for the wet :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dam it i didnt read its wet lol why did i not pick the ginneta ffs im lighting in the wet with Gertrude lol...

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
you still can as a reserve @Jonno.
does mean losing your points though.
Im online now if anyones to join =) Practise for race 1, get the basics down ;D
usual practise password

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ok, 100 laps for one night is enough. Finally in the high 1.27's with race fuel so quite happy.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really hyped for this, as i was complaining today with @Pierre CREUSEVAULT that we werenot using dynamic weather conditions. Did you hear me ? :eek::p
Unless you do three weather slots , with two filled with rain, and one with clear, or 4 weather slots;...etc... Could be nice to really have the surprise, as it will add a random factor that cannot be planned :)
Oooh yeah ! I feel good vibes for this race !:D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
These cars are silly quick in the wet.. Im nearly as quick or slow in the rain as i am in the dry its ridiculous but then iv allways been good in the wet with pcars lol.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
New track for me so I will have to focus on learning this track and won't have much time left for setup. Also have to improve my VR settings and virtual seat position... had a very bad and late view on the apex last race and had to sort of guess when to turn in.. but maybe getting my virtual car seat more up will do the trick.
Thanks for the great banner, nice colour!

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
These cars are silly quick in the wet.. Im nearly as quick or slow in the rain as i am in the dry its ridiculous but then iv allways been good in the wet with pcars lol.
I found that as well, the drop off in lap times isn't that big and the amount of grip available is good. It is just watching out for the puddle that forms on the inside kerb on T1.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I found that as well, the drop off in lap times isn't that big and the amount of grip available is good. It is just watching out for the puddle that forms on the inside kerb on T1.
Yeah iv found trying to avoid it causes more problems lol

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
& here we see @Jonno transcending us mere mortals taking his overdue place amongst the aliens haha.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm at least 6 seconds slower per lap in "rain". What count's as a small drop off?

Users who are viewing this thread