(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
You can always try, there is always somebody slower than your self and you get points untill p26 so still points for grab.
Of course I could, but I really don't enjoy racing when I don't have confidence in me and/or the car. And before I screw up other drivers' races, I rather take a break.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahhh dont give up shepp. I guarantee ill crash out lol.

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
I think I'll skip R2 completely. I am just a danger for everyone else in the wet. And with like 8 seconds off the front runners, there is absolutely no sense in taking this torture. If only SMS hadn't exxagerated the puddles that much...

No point in skipping it completely. If you can take it easy and don't crash then even 8 seconds off the leaders pace you'll still probably pick up some points. I imagine there will be carnage in the first couple of laps so as long as you don't get caught up with you will be fine.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I found as long as you lift a little and don’t steer the puddles are manageable. That said I still haven’t managed to complete a full race distance without a spin.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Doing a lousy 1:32 in the dry with race fuel ... new track so don't know.. is it my bad setup or bad me? :wideyed: lol.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I think I'll skip R2 completely. I am just a danger for everyone else in the wet. And with like 8 seconds off the front runners, there is absolutely no sense in taking this torture. If only SMS hadn't exxagerated the puddles that much...
@Shepard - try raising your ride heights (to avoid aquaplaning), more so on rear (as this further increases downforce) and increasing front/rear aero (which will help through puddles on the straight at high speed). The puddles on the straight are not actually too dangerous then, and the other puddles are just to be avoided! I hate the wet too, but I won't get better at it unless I force myself. My ambition is that one day I'm the guy who smiles when the wet race comes along, as everyone else groans :)
Post automatically merged:

I found as long as you lift a little and don’t steer the puddles are manageable. That said I still haven’t managed to complete a full race distance without a spin.
I assume you mean, lift a little before the puddle. The goal when going through a puddle should be to have no dynamic of the car changing. No turn input, no rolling or pitching. If you lift just as you enter, you change the balance of the car as you go through, which is to be avoided.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@Shepard - try raising your ride heights (to avoid aquaplaning), more so on rear (as this further increases downforce) and increasing front/rear aero (which will help through puddles on the straight at high speed). The puddles on the straight are not actually too dangerous then, and the other puddles are just to be avoided! I hate the wet too, but I won't get better at it unless I force myself. My ambition is that one day I'm the guy who smiles when the wet race comes along, as everyone else groans :)
Post automatically merged:
Thx @UnstopaPaul. I already tried some of these tweaks. I'll give it another try tonight. But when I don't find a sweet spot for me, I'll just skip it...Simracing is my hobby not my job, so I cannot be arsed to waste my little free time with frustration. ;)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thx @UnstopaPaul. I already tried some of these tweaks. I'll give it another try tonight. But when I don't find a sweet spot for me, I'll just skip it...Simracing is my hobby not my job, so I cannot be arsed to waste my little free time with frustration. ;)
maybe take the RF2 approach and just add more wing.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hard or soft slicks for the dry race ? Not much time for testing, hoping someone can help me out on this one... so I can focus on wet setup this evening :)

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hard or soft slicks for the dry race ? Not much time for testing, hoping someone can help me out on this one... so I can focus on wet setup this evening :)
I practice on a soft elastic band, it seems not much it wears out

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah, I recall Puffy writing on here that the hards are pointless, stick to the soft tyres - it's possible that the hards are more useful in the much hotter Summer temps though.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yeah, I recall Puffy writing on here that the hards are pointless, stick to the soft tyres - it's possible that the hards are more useful in the much hotter Summer temps though.
Already thought so... got confused by some vid.. guy doing 1:23 on hard slicks.. but higher track and environment temps.
Also noticed lot of downshifting to 1st gear... will test that as well, probably better cornering that way.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I haven't driven this car in anger for a while (last time would have been doing a lap around Sugo in TT) but as a general rule, I found that dropping into 1st always gave me better turning ability. It might well be my driving style but I find 2nd gear too "lazy", with way too much understeer in most cars in most sims, so I would often drop to 1st gear if only for a few moments, to get that sharper turn.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I am sorry @t0daY I mixedup days again, I can make it tomorrow, if it is still possible.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have got a peer to peer practice session up again - password rsr123

Probably be up for a few hours if anybody wants to join

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
stop telling everybody our super-secret password. James has warned you lot about that already :banghead:

;)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Shepard you available?? Got something for you to try & change your mind with race 2 (;

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
1:31 in the dry, 1:33 in the wet, with race fuel. So hoping for some great battles in the backfield :woot::woot::woot:
Strangely enough this car seems to be easier to handle in the wet.
Got a good sharp view in VR on the apex now by setting ss on 1.2 and shadow detail on ultra and tweaking oculus xml and stuff.
Link
See what that will do with a packed field...

Users who are viewing this thread