(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey gents.

Forgot to save my replay for the first race again. Anychance someone can post it for me please? I know I have someone to apologise to but I don't know who it was.

Thanks

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yep ... definitely steward room material :( sorry...

A lot of #$%# happened this evening... first race ... controls not working in quali, couldn't centre VR ... reboot PC... rejoin session ... too late to set a time... at start of the race, last on the grid ... disconnected from session... no race for me

Race 2, late joining the session, think 7 or 8 minutes left ... qualified 26th ... and lost my rear wing even before the race started... finished 27th, no points
Sorry for ruining the race.https://revolutionsimracing.com/thr...-r4-zhuhai-race-2-accident-at-the-start.2020/

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was a quick transition from wet to dry. The track was dry in one lap (except puddles).
It was really weird. One lap i was driving on wet track, next lap spinning all over the place.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yea it went pretty quick, but that is probably because of the sync to race option.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
@Blue Monkey Thanks for the 1st race, it was a nice struggle!
You were the highlight of the races for me :p
The rest was a shitshow ^^ dry was okay

But wet race was a joke, you can go the same over puddles on wets as on slicks, what a freaking joke, this really shouldn't be, not to mention the oversized puddles on s/f.
Livetrack dsync still a problem, which we found out well during the practice session.

4 times I hit someone in Turn 7, totally inconsistent locking up there, alone/practice no problems but in the race suddenly it sometimes locks up ..... :(
Sorry thereby @AJlewis1988, @Nakor, @CatchAGlimpse, @MarkyPea for all hitting you each there, not my intention.

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry thereby @AJlewis1988, @Nakor, @CatchAGlimpse, @MarkyPea for all hitting you each there, not my intention.
It's fine, I figured that you were locked up as I left you room on the inside of the corner but you just ran really wide into the side of me, no harm done. It was one of my more minor incidents anyway!
R1 @Determined Hangman braked much earlier than my braking point with full brakes and I couldn't pull up enough and span him around (on my pc I did not touch him, but I assumed that it was me), waiting for him to get back onto the track the right way half of the field drove past and was last but 1 or 2.

R2 lap 1 was carnage, car sat sideways on the line t4, drove around the outside of him, to give a car alongside room to drive around the inside, we were both still level with each other so pulled back on the line and then got tapped by John (Jonno on here?) . T7 the car I'm following insta stops on the apex because he's just smacked into a car, who in turn I think was stuck behind someone stopped, span him too, more waiting.

Spinning is unfortunate, but being overly aggressive and forcing up the inside or late braking instead of braking a little earlier when in traffic is what caused the first lap issues i think. Once they were out of the way was a good clean race, with a few overtakes and side-by-sides through corners with not a bump, as usual.

Was fun getting up to 7th from being 27th at one point. But then the soft tyre brigade started getting past and I dropped to 11th. Was a bit miffed that Crew Chief didn't mention anything about Puffy lapping me, so when @Taorminator gained on me so quickly I had concerns that I was being lapped and didn't cover the inside, losing 10th.

@fab. ICEMAN another awesome video, it's great seeing the other end of the field and the exciting battles up there, love it! I could just watch this series as a spectator and fan.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Too much practice in the wet conditions left me “out too dry!” in race 1 Lol. I managed to avoid any incidents, but I spun so many times all on my own it was embarrassing frankly. In race1 I was running quite well, but one of the many times I lost it and a light wall tap destroyed my suspension. Pitted and ended up well down the order.

In race 2 qually I spun at the last hairpin on every hotlap even though I was braking really early, I got aquaplaning that I never experienced in practice and started last. This turned out to be a master stroke as I simply drove past all the lap 1 spin fest and was up to around 13th by the end of lap1. Then the wheels fell off as the puddle on the outside between the two left hand turns got me twice, I thought the first time someone has tapped me , but when it happened again I realised I was puddled lol. Another problem I didn’t have in testing.

I thought I was getting the hang of this, but that was truly appalling.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You know im getting a little fed up of being accused Becouse of others incompetence.(and thats being polite) if you feel i have done something wrong or broke the rules please dont spit your dummy out in public aproching me is 1st port of call and if you are really sure iv done something then by all means open a stewards were we will get an unbias result.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My race review:

Race 1. Only started to practise yesterday around this circuit due to real life getting in the way! Qualified pretty much at the back of the field. Then, just as we got the 'green green green' my game crashed. Decided to get back in the lobby for race 2.

Race 2. Disappointed with qualifying, but this time due to bad driving from others. Two of my hot laps were ruined. One from being hit from behind on the last corner and then being overtaken and forced to back off. Very frustrating. Not that it would have mattered as I qualified at the back again. Thankfully the game didn't crash and I finsihed the race in P19 in the end. Managed to stay patient and avoid the spins and accidents.

See you at the next one.

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
You know im getting a little fed up of being accused Becouse of others incompetence.(and thats being polite) if you feel i have done something wrong or broke the rules please dont spit your dummy out in public aproching me is 1st port of call and if you are really sure iv done something then by all means open a stewards were we will get an unbias result.
Are you referring to my comment? I hope not, it was my fault, I left the track and came back on, so I was in the wrong entirely. I did not think that I had lost pace, as where I went off it was paved and I saw the yellow car still alongside me. I presume that you are not referring to my comment, as clearly the car on track always has priority.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
My race review:

Race 1. Only started to practise yesterday around this circuit due to real life getting in the way! Qualified pretty much at the back of the field. Then, just as we got the 'green green green' my game crashed. Decided to get back in the lobby for race 2.

Race 2. Disappointed with qualifying, but this time due to bad driving from others. Two of my hot laps were ruined. One from being hit from behind on the last corner and then being overtaken and forced to back off. Very frustrating. Not that it would have mattered as I qualified at the back again. Thankfully the game didn't crash and I finsihed the race in P19 in the end. Managed to stay patient and avoid the spins and accidents.

See you at the next one.
Well, luckily not as bad a my experience last night ;). Strange that we both crashed/disconnected from 1st race? Wonder if there is a rule on that ... x number of drivers disconnected or crashed game, race postphoned till everyone is back in the lobby?

Last edited:

eagle

Community Member
Reaction score
My races)

@Determined Hangman I'm sorry for the early braking at first race, I tried to pass as accurately as possible and was afraid not to fit into the turn, I noticed the early braking only on replay = (

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@CatchAGlimpse and @Blue Monkey, I would like to have a chat with both of you this weekend if possible. Let me know when you have time.

MarkyPea

Community Member
Reaction score
not a great day at the office again from me. Too many self-inflicted spins and pretty poor qualifying. So instead I'll say congrats to 2 people. Firstly @FuBii for a phenomenal qualifying in race 1 (controller OP) and secondly @kobusnell for an excellent second place.
Oooh I could do with some of this controller OP, I just have controller VFUP!

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Although my feedback doesn't get close to @Corentin_Bergès and his reports...

Qualifying 1:
Qualified just behind @FuBii. Great lap! Silly good with a controller. Qualified in 7th myself. Top 10 = happy.

Race 1:
Was thinking of putting together highlight reels, just can't see that happening.
7th > 8th - @FuBii and I were pretty close up until the first left hander. Lost a place on the first lap. Got overtaken, settled in 8th behind @CatchAGlimpse who lost some positions in that same corner. I think.
8th > 7th - Lap 1. Unfortunately @FuBii spun at the end of the first lap.
7th > 6th - Lap 6. @CatchAGlimpse overtook @Blue Monkey on the previous lap. Coming to the first corner, unfortunately Monkey's rear just gave up.
6th > 5th - Lap 9. @Elodyr spun at the last corner. Overtook him on the way to the first corner. What followed was something like 8 minutes of him following me. That was fun. He was obviously quicker, but I could see the dirty air affecting him. This was probably the most FUN of the evening. Stressful, granted, but FUN.
No position changes after that. Couldn't catch @CatchAGlimpse and gap to 6th was safe. Ended in 5th. Great result for me in the dry. Very happy with that. Based purely on speed I should not finish there. Also, the first race I struggled quite a lot with front end grip. Tyre pressures were fine, temps fine, but I just seemed to lack grip.

Qualifying 2:
Qualified in 10th. Not much to say. Couldn't string together quickest sectors in one lap. Top 10 is where I aim for this series, so still happy.

Race 2:
Start was a bit hectic. Didn't realise I was millimeters from being part of the crash behind me.
10th > 8th - Started next to @Determined Hangman and behind @Taorminator. Hangman got a good start, but unfortunately he and @Nada tangled in the first lap. Got maybe a bit to close to the rear of Tao, but avoided contact.
8th > 7th (and momentarily 6th but then back to 7th - An incident in the first left hander between @Blue Monkey and @CatchAGlimpse caught us out a bit. I saw @Taorminator loosing the rear of his car, and mine just about started sliding as well. Overtook Tao due to that spin. Due to his rejoin I momentarily overtook @CatchAGlimpse on the way to the first hairpin, but he easily took the place at the hairpin.
7th > 6th - At the second hairpin, still on the first lap, @CatchAGlimpse lost the rear of his car. I almost almost hit him, but just about avoided his car.
6th > 4th - Lap 4 incident between @Blue Monkey and @Elodyr at the first left hander gifted me two positions. Those two and @Corentin_Bergès were fighting for a couple of laps, and slowly pulling away. Anyway, up to 4th.
Had quite a lot of pressure from @Nakor up to this point, but shortly afterwards something happened.
4th > 3rd - Lap 6. Came around the double left hander to see headlights staring at me. @ProjectPD had a spin. He was busy getting back to the track when I passed. He was behind me for a lap or two, squirming a bit, and then entered the pits. The mad man. My Crew Chief said "okay, it's stopped raining" and at the next opportunity he entered the pits. The mad man!
Misc - Had a couple of nearly moments. Especially in the first corner. As the track dried rear grip grew to be a foreign concept.
3rd > 2nd - Lap 17. @Corentin_Bergès entered the pits. At this stage it was probably a bit too late to pit, unless you just couldn't keep the car on the road any more. He had a 6 second lead and came out 25ish seconds behind me in 6th.
2nd > 3rd - Lap 19. The Mad Man @ProjectPD was charging. He was lapping about 4 to 5 seconds a lap faster on those softs of his. He passed me easily on the way to the first corner. No use trying to fight. Did have a fright though when he was next to me and a puddle threw me towards him, but it was just a fright.
3rd > 2nd - Lap 21 (second to last lap). Came around the final corner to again catch @ProjectPD and his headlights. He spun in the last corner. After his spin he was 3 seconds behind me, and I was still sure he would catch me. Made the decision that I will put up a bit of a fight if he got close, but only a bit. There was a car to be lapped, and I felt a bit relieved when that lapped car briefly slotted in between us. PD also had a moment in the first hairpin. Approaching the final corner he was 1.5 seconds behind me, and I thought I should make it. Unfortunately he spun again in the last corner. Finished 2nd!

Interestingly, @Corentin_Bergès only finished 13 seconds behind me. Another 3 or 4 laps...

Very happy with that result. I actually practiced in the dry with wets as I made the decision beforehand that the risk of slicks in the wet was to high. I was 3 to 4 seconds a lap slower on a bone dry track, and it just made sense.

If you read through everything you might have noticed that I never made a proper pass. Not in either of the races. How does that make me feel? Well, I guess it means that my "no mistakes allowed" approach pays off. Especially in the wet. Of course the result is a major fluke. But on average I've won places in races, and I think it is purely due to that.

I'd also like to say that not once yesterday did I think "oh no, I have to lap someone". Everyone did a fantastic job. I would really like to say thanks to everybody, but my TS push to talk button is a bit of a stretch. But thanks everyone. I know the race was chaos, but through it all I think it went well.

not a great day at the office again from me. Too many self-inflicted spins and pretty poor qualifying. So instead I'll say congrats to 2 people. Firstly @FuBii for a phenomenal qualifying in race 1 (controller OP) and secondly @kobusnell for an excellent second place.
You are too kind. Thanks!

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary on RSR. Quite a result to celebrate with it! Now I'm thinking of treating myself to some new kit. My Logitech DFGT is getting a bit long in the tooth, especially when used with an office chair on wheels...

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Finally had a go with VR today at work, we had a massive gaming event at work, guys were still using pcars 1 on a semi decent motion rig. I can see why you all love it so much.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone !
No written interview or article this time, but a highlights video !
Hope you enjoy it and can overcome my strong accent
Congrats to @kobusnell for the nice story and the strong results, and cheers to @fab. ICEMAN and @ovivoJR for the very entertaining live !

@Puffpirat sorry for the mistake at the end, i said @ProjectPD twice. What a bad thing to have two fast german drivers with a name beginning by P :p:joyful:.

Featuring in the Highlights :
Start : @Puffpirat , @ProjectPD, @CatchAGlimpse, @Corentin_Bergès, @Elodyr
2: everyone
3: @Owfier crash in L1
4: @AJlewis1988 attacking @Taorminator
5: @ProjectPD attempt to pass @Puffpirat in L2
6: 6way battle in L2, with @Taorminator @Jesper Ramsberg @Determined Hangman @EDDY PRIME @MarkyPea
7: @Blue Monkey and @CatchAGlimpse fight for 6th
8: @Corentin_Bergès and @ProjectPD fight for 2nd
10: L6, battle for 23rd @MarkyPea @Determined Hangman
11: Battle for 18th @Nolitnax @Shepard @Jesper Ramsberg
13: L9 battle for 10th @EDDY PRIME @Blue Monkey
14: L9 battle for 12th @AJlewis1988 @Taorminator
15: Battle for 15th @Nada @AJlewis1988
16: Battle for 17th, L17 @Nolitnax @MarkyPea @Jesper Ramsberg, @Jesper Ramsberg spin
17: Battle for 10th @Blue Monkey @EDDY PRIME
18: ""
21: L22 @Jomba overtakes @Nolitnax
25: @kobusnell finishes the race in 5th

EDIT : and it's the 6th rev cup... oups

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi everyone !
No written interview or article this time, but a highlights video !
Hope you enjoy it and can overcome my strong accent
Congrats to @kobusnell for the nice story and the strong results, and cheers to @fab. ICEMAN and @ovivoJR for the very entertaining live !

@Puffpirat sorry for the mistake at the end, i said @ProjectPD twice. What a bad thing to have two fast german drivers with a name beginning by P :p:joyful:.

EDIT : and it's the 6th rev cup... oups
That's very good! How long did that take you? It seems like a lot of work?

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
That's very good! How long did that take you? It seems like a lot of work?
Around 5 or 6 hours, not including the fact i had to install and learn how to use an movie editing software xD
The longest were
- to select the scenes to take, fight against PCars replay tool, and try to see which were the interesting scenes
- then remember who is who, and do the commentary without begging too much, because my english is far from fluent ^^
But it was a premiere for me, i hadn't done any video editing since the age of 12 i think, so i had to learn everything.

Users who are viewing this thread