Project CARS 2 R5: Silverstone (2 Viewers)

R5: Silverstone
Posted by Darksi
Project CARS 2
Thursday, May 2, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, May 2, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ohhh a MOIST track cant beat a bit of a MOIST surface..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK...that banner does NOT look good for me... :D
Whoopsie :D

In my, admittedly rather weak, defence, I was on the default hard tyres and trying to drive the car properly for the first time on a controller and having spun and locked up multiple times, I was trying to catch up with the pack. I took a 'bit of a shortcut' and lost it on the grass as I came onto Hangar Straight. I slammed on the brakes to slow myself down and that put the car perfectly sideways, just before the bridge. "Ooh, this might make for a silly banner outtake shot" methinks, not expecting it to be taken very seriously ;)

There's no particular order to the cars used, when I take shots, I just try and alternate between the Ligier and Ginetta make sure it is one that hasn't been the primary focus before. It also needs to work well with the conditions for the event.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Whoopsie :D

In my, admittedly rather weak, defence, I was on the default hard tyres and trying to drive the car properly for the first time on a controller and having spun and locked up multiple times, I was trying to catch up with the pack. I took a 'bit of a shortcut' and lost it on the grass as I came onto Hangar Straight. I slammed on the brakes to slow myself down and that put the car perfectly sideways, just before the bridge. "Ooh, this might make for a silly banner outtake shot" methinks, not expecting it to be taken very seriously ;)

There's no particular order to the cars used, when I take shots, I just try and alternate between the Ligier and Ginetta make sure it is one that hasn't been the primary focus before. It also needs to work well with the conditions for the event.
I'm not taking it seriously, don't worry ;). My other side's my best side though...

Rargon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm available as reserve driver for this race :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sad to say that I am extremely unlikely to make race1 on thursday, and unlikely to make race 2. Sadly a bit of confusion over work meetings means I'm in the wrong city again. If I get back in time it would be only just, and on the end of a 3 hr drive. If you need to pull in a reserve now I'll understand.

Paul

EDIT: To clarify - I'm withdrawing from this event. If I get back in time I'll check if there are any free reserve spaces. Pretty annoying since I practiced for a week, but never mind.

Last edited:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I won't be able to commentate the race today - wish everyone good luck anyway! Hope to be back at the season finale.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a decent baseline setup for this track in time trial for about an hour or so. Then i try default with ducts and radiator slightly closed. Immediately cars is way more drivebale and almost a second faster. :facepalm:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You're almost always better off creating new setups for each track from either the loose or stable than a previous circuit..

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey guys. It kills me to do this considering this season is going quite okay for me, but my daughter is sick and I just don't think I'm up for the race this evening. Please assume that I won't be attending. :(

Good luck to all and I hope you have a good one.

@Darksi

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
You're almost always better off creating new setups for each track from either the loose or stable than a previous circuit..

I was bulding from default for an hour, then went back to default for reference and it was almost a second faster than "my" setup. So im sticking with default now. :D

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haven't been doing a lot of practise for this race and I am very tired so I think it will be better to allow someone from the reserve list to race as I will most likely be cruising around trying not to spin or I will spin and mess up someone else's race.

@Darksi

Determined Hangman

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I don't think I'll be able to finish the final two races of the season. Last night my grandma was admitted to the hospital over a serious condition and I'm going to have to leave town to take care of her. Idk when I'll be back. Good luck to everyone and secure the wins @ProjectPD

Jesper Ramsberg

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't race. Slow internet has stopped me from messaging earlier. Sorry for this.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great race ! No DNF's on this one ! @EDDY PRIME sorry for the bump at turn 1, i locked the wheels pretty badly :dead: Fortunately it didn't sent you off the track !

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race summary. Slow, spin, slow, spin. Repeat for race 2.

I think I messed up at the end of race 1, I crossed the line and it said race complete with the timer. I didn't complete that lap and it had me down as a DNF. Will I be a DNF or the position I finished which was P22 I think? Thanks.

Congrats to the winners and podium finishers. The pace you guys have is unreal.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
A great couple of races for me. Qualified on pace, both races started as 13th. Then in races managed to stay out of trouble and made zero mistakes to the finish. Finished 10th and 11th, very pleased with the result.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Just a message to remind you, i will try doing a highlights video, if you can make my life easier and send me Race/time/participant (eventually) of one or two or your best actions, would be cool ;)
Thank you ! :p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well what a cracking end i really enjoyed that...

Race 1...
Poor ass qualifying saw me at the rear well i say poor i couldnt get a lap with out spinning lol..so off we went a steady start ((after my shenanigans of the previous race i thought i best take it easy)) went ok ish gained a few places. but then disaster stuck in the first corner and saw me heading backwards in to the wall after that bent steering. i plodded on managing to keep @Shepard at bay right untill last lap 2nd to last corner were i fluffed up and waved by by to him lol...

Race 2
Again quali went bad starting at the rear again.
Another steady stat saw me pick my way through off tracks and spinners at the start and manged to climb to 16th i think and i must of started to get a nose bleed being so high up.. lol i tumbled back down the order due to my own mistakes not far tho i come back alive just as @Owfier come along we had a great clean battle for awile seemed were he was slower i was quicker and were i was slower he was quicker so we were pretty dam evenly matched but again my ambitions got the best of me when i tried to close the gap so i could have a go on a corner i knew i was faster than him on and but alas i messed it up and had to admit i was not going to catch him.... Great clean racing by all tonighy that is how it should allways be...

Users who are viewing this thread