Project CARS 2 R5: Silverstone (2 Viewers)

R5: Silverstone
Posted by Darksi
Project CARS 2
Thursday, May 2, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, May 2, 2019 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't complain for my first time with a wheel on such a technical course none the less! Could have had a 14-18 place finish in the second race but I'm just glad that I saved the car to just scrap the wall or it would have been a disaster... I certainly did improve over the last weeks and I definitely see an improvement in consistency already!

tldr:
Great first showing imho with a wheel,
I'm officially a sim racer! :D

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Race 1 : bloody awful, no pace and light tap on the rear destroyed my suspension, pootle home to pick up a point.

Race 2 : bloody awful, no pace but I was doing ok, then my wheel disconnected. Car totalled at the exit of turn 1 so I had to limp round even though crew chief said they couldn’t fix it. Never give up Crew Chief! Pitted for repairs which took over a minute, pootling home 26th strangely caught darksi rapidly in closing stages but considering my races so far I didn’t want to do anything silly and ruin his day. Could have lunged a couple of times as we were very close, but that’s not my style.

Need to sort this bloody wheel issue out for next season, if you’ll let me race considering my shitty performances.

I enjoyed COTA but I stuffed up in all the other rounds...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dam it cant we remove thoes who are not taking part anymore from the leader board id be higher up lol...

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Can't complain for my first time with a wheel on such a technical course none the less! Could have had a 14-18 place finish in the second race but I'm just glad that I saved the car to just scrap the wall or it would have been a disaster... I certainly did improve over the last weeks and I definitely see an improvement in consistency already!

tldr:
Great first showing imho with a wheel,
I'm officially a sim racer! :D

Congrats and thanks for letting me by/unlap myself to challenge Darksi at the end of race 2, I didn't quite get him sadly but thanks anyway.

Nolitnax

Community Member
Reaction score
Congrats and thanks for letting me by/unlap myself to challenge Darksi at the end of race 2, I didn't quite get him sadly but thanks anyway.

If I would've been more comfortable and confident in my skils & car/track I would've realized you earlier, took me way to long, sorry for that! Hopefully that fixes itself over time so that I can pay a little bit more attention to those things!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
If I would've been more comfortable and confident in my skils & car/track I would've realized you earlier, took me way to long, sorry for that! Hopefully that fixes itself over time so that I can pay a little bit more attention to those things!
No problem, I wasn’t close behind you long, I had been previously but had a little moment (one of many sadly) and dropped back before catching you with a lap to go.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well what a cracking end i really enjoyed that...

Race 1...
Poor ass qualifying saw me at the rear well i say poor i couldnt get a lap with out spinning lol..so off we went a steady start ((after my shenanigans of the previous race i thought i best take it easy)) went ok ish gained a few places. but then disaster stuck in the first corner and saw me heading backwards in to the wall after that bent steering. i plodded on managing to keep @Shepard at bay right untill last lap 2nd to last corner were i fluffed up and waved by by to him lol...

Race 2
Again quali went bad starting at the rear again.
Another steady stat saw me pick my way through off tracks and spinners at the start and manged to climb to 16th i think and i must of started to get a nose bleed being so high up.. lol i tumbled back down the order due to my own mistakes not far tho i come back alive just as @Owfier come along we had a great clean battle for awile seemed were he was slower i was quicker and were i was slower he was quicker so we were pretty dam evenly matched but again my ambitions got the best of me when i tried to close the gap so i could have a go on a corner i knew i was faster than him on and but alas i messed it up and had to admit i was not going to catch him.... Great clean racing by all tonighy that is how it should allways be...
Funny how on the where I messed up because you wanted to gain on my because you thought you where faster there.....I two thought I was faster than you there. :pompous:

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Just a message to remind you, i will try doing a highlights video, if you can make my life easier and send me Race/time/participant (eventually) of one or two or your best actions, would be cool ;)
Thank you ! :p
My overtake on you and Catch in race 2 :p and my last lap overtake on Nakor in race 1

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My overtake on you and Catch in race 2 :p and my last lap overtake on Nakor in race 1
Better leave my miserable race out. :banghead: In the first race it was @Blue Monkey who overtake in the last lap, and in Race 2 i let @Taorminator pass in the second-to-last turn. :banghead::banghead:

Ok, perhaps these moves are great to watch if I ignore it‘s me. :facepalm:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Better leave my miserable race out. :banghead: In the first race it was @Blue Monkey who overtake in the last lap, and in Race 2 i let @Taorminator pass in the second-to-last turn. :banghead::banghead:

Ok, perhaps these moves are great to watch if I ignore it‘s me. :facepalm:
Man don't be too hard on yourself you had excellent pace on R2 and there was no mistake allowed to keep up with you. It was a great racing moment for me and not just the pass but the whole R2 and the battle we had in R1 as well. It's always a pleasure to race with you :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well, I didn't actually expect to be writing any kind of race report for this one. I arrived home during the first race and shovelled food in while watching my team mate, @Elodyr 's stream. After watching I realised I still had a little focus left, so sprinted to the cockpit, fired up the machine and begged to be let in. Fortunately for me there were several spaces left.

"Race 2" therefore was a weird affair for me. No practice in the last week and no warm up of any kind before going straight into qualifying was pretty strange. I think reminding myself that "any points would be better than the zero I was planning to get this evening" actually really helped to take the pressure off. 10th in a rather rushed qualifying with no good clean air gaps was pretty comforting, so I settled in for a workman-like shift of grinding out some points for the team championship - my drivers championship already in ruins.

Lap 1 was a little hairy, though everyone seemed far more reasonable in this race than past ones for awareness and aggressiveness, though there was a bit of wheel to wheel, that's forgiveable when the other driver clearly wants to back off and give you the room. Not everyone has VR, so they're not always going to see the cars on the sides. I lost several places at the start, firstly due to a bad launch, then just my general desire to still be running after the first 4 corners.

3 laps in and I was settling down into the swing of things...and starting to watch the bodies resting at the side of the road. Occasionally, through no passing action of my own I would gain a place as someone carried out armco inspection. Sadly one of those I had to pass was my own team mate, but since that was the first time I had been ahead of him all championship, I took solace where I could ;) .

Nothing much else to report really, I needed to defend a while from @EDDY PRIME (I think) and the gap waxed and waned. I guess at some point he had a slightly larger mistep as he left the draft and I managed to pull out a few seconds.

Clean air and 90% driving took me to the end for a 9th place, which for this season has been a good result for me.

Thanks for some clean racing guys.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Great races:
Race 1 I had nearly the pace of the leaders, started 8th, in lap 3 was already battling for 4th. After my drive through 14th and battled back to 7th, which I got in a nice last lap move around the outside in the left hander between Maggots and Becketts.

Race 2 I started 9th, by lap 5 was up to 3rd, thx to a double overtake on @CatchAGlimpse & @Corentin_Bergès within 2 corners. I finished there losing only 5 secs over 12 laps to the leaders.

Both moves here:

Last edited:

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Great races:
Race 1 I had nearly the pace of the leaders, started 8th, in lap 3 was already battling for 4th. After my drive through 14th and battled back to 7th, which I got in a nice last lap move around the outside in the left hander between Maggots and Becketts.

Race 2 I started 9th, by lap 5 was up to 3rd, thx to a double overtake on @CatchAGlimpse & @Corentin_Bergès within 2 corners. I finished there losing only 5 secs over 12 laps to the leaders.

Both moves here:

Yeah you definitly had the pace, but tbh i let you pass in the straight (i even braked to be sure and @CatchAGlimpse almost passed xD) because i didn't want you behind me, especially because i saw you swerving on the left very agressively in the mirror and better 4th than 20th.

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
Yeah you definitly had the pace, but tbh i let you pass in the straight (i even braked to be sure and @CatchAGlimpse almost passed xD) because i didn't want you behind me, especially because i saw you swerving on the left very agressively in the mirror and better 4th than 20th.
Rofl
Just wanted your full slipstream because of the downforce I was using ; I noticed you lifted. Afterwards I was pushing hard to get away from you both, I saw how aggressive both of you fighted, contact included.

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Rofl
Just wanted your full slipstream because of the downforce I was using ; I noticed you lifted. Afterwards I was pushing hard to get away from you both, I saw how aggressive both of you fighted, contact included.
There has been not a single contact between us

Blue Monkey

Reaction score
There has been not a single contact between us
Interesting, on my screen there was into/exit 4 ... you can see it even in the video I have posted ... netcode?

Anyways, good racing :)

Last edited:

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
STICKOS MADNESS MOTORSPORT team is proud to present the first race highlights video !

Featured in the video :
@Puffpirat @ProjectPD @Corentin_Bergès @CatchAGlimpse @Nada @eagle @Spitfire @EDDY PRIME @Taorminator @Jesper Ramsberg @Red_Fox @Elodyr @AJlewis1988 @Nakor @Pierre CREUSEVAULT @Sonic

Please tell me what you think about it ! ;) And what could be better (outside my accent and my mic :p)
This seems to be missed by a lot off people, but in the first few seconds of this video you already see it.
The midfield is so damn closely matched! Not only in this race, but all season long! Man this always gives me goosebumps seeing the qualification times, seeing the close starts and the close endings.
I know the top is also very close, but there it is only like 3-4 men. Here it is like 7 cars less than a second behind each other! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread