Until: Thursday, May 9, 2019 - 22:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Offer me a good salary and I'll reconsider :D nah it was great and I'd love to continue the dream team ;)
What did I do wrong ? Am I not Belgian enough for you ? I'll do anything, I will from now on speak English with the French+Belgian accent to make you feel home ! :shy:

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
And just like that it's over :(

Thank you RSR guys for organising the season, it was a great introduction to Sim Racing and reinforced that getting setup with a gaming PC was definitely worth the money and the right way to go.

To the all the competitors thank you for some great racing, clean and respectful (for the most part). @Corentin_Bergès our fight in an earlier race was still my highlight of the season. Hopefully I'll come back next year refreshed and with a new found pace to keep you on your toes more often.

Time to lock myself away and do some studying on how to better set up my car and work on new techniques to find some extra pace. @Puffpirat I'm coming for you... ("yeah right").

Until next time folks :cool:

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll start with Round 6 - I had never driven a single lap of Algarve until last week and now I think it may be possibly be one of my favorite tracks. I love the flow of the track. After some testing earlier in the week, @kobusnell had hinted that the hard tyres were faster for the race. This golden information turned out to be key for this round. After some rigorous testing with @Corentin_Bergès and others in the days leading up to the race, I felt confident of a good result but knew it would be extremely close with @Corentin_Bergès in both qualifying and race fuel.

Q1 - A lot of traffic on my first lap and then spun on the second lap with the same set of tyres. Pitted and again ran into a lot of traffic losing 0.3 in the last sector which could have put me up to 2nd but failed to convert and ended up 4th in the standings with a mega lap from @Corentin_Bergès to get 2nd.

Race 1 - I had a strong start (or more @Puffpirat had a bad start) and I managed to slot in front of him before turn one and on @ProjectPDs gearbox. @Corentin_Bergès ran wide for the first few corners, completely out of flow and I managed to make a move into the hairpin to move up to 2nd position. After this @Puffpirat kept me on my toes with the gap increasing to 2s before fluctuating between 0.6-2.6s throughout the remainder of the race. Very happy to finish 2nd on pure pace and not make any mistakes that could cause Puffy to get close enough to make a move. The hard tyres felt super comfortable and I was able to be very consistent with the lap times.

Q2 - Repeat Q1 and we have the same result, although I finished in 5th this time after a great lap from @Elodyr to grab 4th. As I had the inside line for turn 1 I didn't mind too much.

Race 2 - Managed to maintain position through turn 1 and 2 with @Red_Fox close and then I managed to overtake @Elodyr into the hairpin after he locked a brake after taking a slightly defensive line. I then had the task to hunt down @Corentin_Bergès 2 second lead and over the course of the next 10 laps or so the gap closed and we battled within 0.5s of each other. Due to our very similar pace and the dirty air it was hard to get close enough to make a move but after @Corentin_Bergès make a mistake in the 2nd to last corner I was able to make an attempt into turn 1 which was made successfully (I'll ignore the fact you ran wide and kept the position) as into the hairpin @Corentin_Bergès loses the rear end on the exit and 3rd place was mine. After that I was coasting to make sure no mistakes were made.

Overall I think I've exceeded my own expectations for this season.. and in a strange way I feel frustrated I didn't challenge Puffy and PD that little bit more (with DSQ and a lost points in 1st race in COTA due to game performance issues) but I feel I extracted almost the maximum of what I could offer this season in performance and securing 3rd place in the championship and 2nd in the teams championship is a big achievement.

Thanks as usual to all the staff and everybody involved in this championship. It has been highly enjoyable and I look forward to the next mini-series or series RSR bring!

Forgot to mention my teammate @CatchAGlimpse whose setups were a big help, cheers buddy I hope I wasn't too much of a disappointment to you.(clear no.2). Sadly I didn't have the time or skill to make the most of them in this series. Life can be such an inconvenience at times.
We managed to come 2nd in the teams championship and we wouldn't be there without you either. Enjoyed being your team mate Si :cool:

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I want to Express my gratitude to the administrators of the forum , for the holding of the Championships of such level , as the entire community for the clean fight. I apologize @The Breeze for the accident in the second race of the 4th stage, as well as @FuBii and @Nolitnax for the incidents on the track C. O. T. A
Post automatically merged:

The most important thing forgot @Corentin_Bergès Thanks for the help with the setup of the car , if not you then my results would have been much worse

Last edited:

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
You wont have to wait until 2020 for season 7, Something exciting is in the pipeline!
Oooo exciting. Fancy sharing any details?

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I do have a question tho....I kinda forgot it was race day yesterday so I wasn't there, but I want to make a highlight video so I need every replay from every race to make that....Yet I missed Race 1 & 2 of round 1 and Race 1 of round 2 and race 1 & 2 of round 6.
If there is somebody who could be so kind to provide me with these? that would be great! :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I do have a question tho....I kinda forgot it was race day yesterday so I wasn't there, but I want to make a highlight video so I need every replay from every race to make that....Yet I missed Race 1 & 2 of round 1 and Race 1 of round 2 and race 1 & 2 of round 6.
If there is somebody who could be so kind to provide me with these? that would be great! :D

Can anyone help @Owfier out??

@t0daY @The Breeze @Darksi @Puffpirat @hinesy32 @Taorminator @AJlewis1988 @Owfier @Nada @Jesper Ramsberg @Corentin_Bergès @CatchAGlimpse @Jomba @ProjectPD @Elodyr @Shepard @Eugene Gajkin @Spitfire @UnstopaPaul @Red_Fox @Blue Monkey @kobusnell @Nakor @eagle @Sonic @FuBii @Nolitnax @Determined Hangman @Born2BSlow @MarkyPea @Pierre CREUSEVAULT @EDDY PRIME @MgcAdri @ovivoJR @Rargon @Jonno @benimi @Gatland190 @Thomas Sikora @Freak Superman @Raigore @Erik

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I have all of them. If someone can tell me where do i find the files, then i will upload somewhere (what is a good free site?).

edit: too late i see :D

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got them all!
I will creep in my editing cave now for a few months, I see no better option to try and find every possible highlight but rewatch almost everybody his every race....
You can always send my some coffee to keep me awake! :dead:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I got them all!
I will creep in my editing cave now for a few months, I see no better option to try and find every possible highlight but rewatch almost everybody his every race....
You can always send my some coffee to keep me awake! :dead:
Iv done that before, watched both splits and looked for good racing. its so boring but the end result is satisfying and fun making seeing videos come together

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey;), what about last results?

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
They should be updated? Or what do you mean?
Yep, I thought that all races will be updated, apart from the 1st post

Users who are viewing this thread