Qualifying
Duration:10 minsFinishing Order of Race 1
Start Time:07:00Finishing Order of Race 1
Weather Forecast:FogFinishing Order of Race 1

Race
Duration:20 Minutes40 Minutes
Start Time:11:0017:00
Weather Forecast:Heavy CloudMedium Cloud > Light Cloud

Starting Procedure: Standing Start for race 1. Rolling Start for race 2, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Bathurst.png

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Driver List

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah lovely - I did an hour or so practice last night heavy cloud at 10am so not far off the race conditions. Just some notes on what I found

- 2.27s are possible with race fuel, 2.26s with qualifying fuel not to include getting a tow.
- Tyre wear is low and temperatures of the front tyres don’t overheat excessively like some tracks we’ve had this season.
- I would advise avoiding the inside kerb on the final corner
- The gearing is just about enough for the long back straight, with a tow you find yourself bouncing off the limiter shortly before the braking zone.
- Fuel usage is relatively low compared to others (think 20-22l would be ok)
- Radiator can also be set pretty low

Last edited:

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I struggle with the esses and the elbow. The back will really lightly step out. My brake balance is much to the front. Any ideas what i can try with the setup? Or is this much more a driver issue? Perhaps much smoother on pedals?

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I struggle with the esses and the elbow. The back will really lightly step out. My brake balance is much to the front. Any ideas what i can try with the setup? Or is this much more a driver issue? Perhaps much smoother on pedals?
If you mean the downhill section, yes smoother pedals help. Lighter and earlier also. I keep also a bit of throttle while braking and "feel" if the back wants to go wild. Setup wise, I d say some positive toe on the back should help. Maybe right height and rake might do the trick as well but haven't tested it. Good luck with it! That track is awesome :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The easy version of the answer is don't turn while braking. The harder version is too start thinking about the phsyics of a FWD car and what makes the car oversteer and how it relates to your driving style.

cpcdem

Community Member
Reaction score

In addition to what others said, I would increase preload in the diff, to something like 150 or more.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah lovely - I did an hour or so practice last night heavy cloud at 10am so not far off the race conditions. Just some notes found what I found

- 2.27s are possible with race fuel, 2.26s with qualifying fuel not to include getting a tow.
- Tyre wear is low and temperatures of the front tyres don’t overheat excessively like some tracks we’ve had this season.
- I would advise avoiding the inside kerb on the final corner
- The gearing is just about enough for the long back straight, with a tow you find yourself bouncing off the limiter shortly before the braking zone.
- Fuel usage is relatively low compared to others (think 20-22l would be ok)
- Radiator can also be set pretty low
And here I thought I'll be okay after doing a couple of high 2:29's... o_O

Same here. Lifting and/or downshifting is probably causing this, it being a FWD car. I like my aggressive preload - I'm probably losing a lot of time doing it (see above), but I'm delaying downshifting a lot to improve stability.

Quite frankly I'm just hoping to survive.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Same for me 2:29 is my pace when driving with caution. But let‘s find out if i can lower that with all your kind tips :)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If there is a spot free for a reserve for this once I am free!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im not able to race unfortunately

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just done a few laps and i think low to mid 2.27s should be race pace. not tried qually yet but i think low 26s or even 25s are possible. Just done some race two conditions and pace was mid to high 26s to low 27s

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just done a few laps and i think low to mid 2.27s should be race pace. not tried qually yet but i think low 26s or even 25s are possible
I am really scared if I see you guys saying 2.27 should be race pace and I am here only managing 2.33's o_O

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Dont look for pace, try to get clean laps. The mountain will claim souls, respect her and you won t be her victim. You ll collect the wrecks of the guys looking for pace along the way ;)
That's some good poetry there!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im free for this one if theres space. Its time me an bathurst had a little chat lol this track has cost me 3 victorys in the past and made me the barrel role king in endurance racing. Its time i fought back lol..

cpcdem

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm on vacation, so will miss this one. Have fun guys!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im free for this one if theres space. Its time me an bathurst had a little chat lol this track has cost me 3 victorys in the past and made me the barrel role king in endurance racing. Its time i fought back lol..
practice is fun! come join tonight

Users who are viewing this thread