Assetto Corsa Competizione Race Against Dementia - 12H of Nürburgring (Hosted by Theamusante) (1 Viewer)

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Hello @Team RSR @RSR Academy @Community!

On 22nd of May Aléthéa Boucq (Theamusante) will host a charity race raising funds for Race Against Dementia, for those who do not know, Race Against Dementia is a global charity founded by Sir Jackie Stewart to fund pioneering research into the prevention and cure of dementia.

With your help we would love to raise some €/£/$ and also would be f**** awesome to get maybe 3 teams or more!

Official Event Info: Discord Channel & Donation Page, RSR Paypal pool

Dates:
Saturday, 22nd May 2021
10:20 UTC - Drivers Briefing
10:30 UTC - Qualifying
11:00 UTC - Race

General Details
Car Classes:GT3
Max Entries:TBC
Drivers per Team:2-4
Maximum Stint Time:None
Maximum Total Driving Time (2/3 Drivers):None
Mandatory PitstopsNone
Race Duration720 Mins
Tyre Setsunlimited
Live Stewarding:Yes

Note:
This is a race for charity, so fancy dress is mandatory! Each team will have a theme.

We LOVE giving out good news... The incredibly kind DerekSpeare has offered us TWO winning button boxes for the 12Hr Charity Race:
1 P1 Button Box - Every team that finishes the race will be entered into a prize draw to win it!
1 P2 Button Box - The Theamusante jury will decide on the best individual Fancy Dress worn for the 12hr race!! https://derekspearedesigns.com/p1p2.html

Team RSR
RevolutionSimRacing Chickens@Ricardo @Cluck @Michael @Tom @m4nuAMR V8 Vantage
RevolutionSimRacing Chicks@MelBonkers @benimi @kobusnell @Jamesl91Bentley Continental GT3
RevolutionSimRacing Eggs@Def @RdMracer @FlyAxL @HavoccPorsche 991 II GT3 R
RevolutionSimRacing Roosters@Puffpirat @Jakeyy @UnstopaPaul @PatatorJohn AMR V8 Vantage

Official Server
Wednesday,12th @ 18:30UTC
Lobby: Theamusante - 12H Race Against Dementia (Practice)
PW: NURBS

RSR Server
RSR | Race Against Dementia - Team Practice
RSR | Race Against Dementia - Single Practice
PW: accrevolution

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
As some of our members will already be aware, RevolutionSimRacing have applied to enter multiple cars into a 12-hour race in Assetto Corsa Competitzione, organised by theamusante. Our very own Ricardo saw the race info go up and immediately thought of a few of our staff and members who have had very close experience of this disease and wanted to get involved.

The staff leapt on the idea and quickly applied to enter two cars, with the fancy-dress themed around one of our longest-serving members, Cluck. With drivers dressing as either a chicken,a chick or an egg, depending on which car they are driving, we should finally put to rest the age-old argument "which came first"!

Race Against Dementia is a registered charity, founded by Sir Jackie Stewart after his wife Helen was diagnosed with this terrible disease. The charity uses the donations to fund further research into the causes of, and ways to treat or prevent, dementia. More info can be found on their web-site Race Against Dementia

It goes without saying that events of this week for Cluck have made this all the more poignant. Yes, we're playing the sympathy card, so reach into your pockets and donate to this excellent cause. We have set up a special PayPal Pool, for our members to donate to - HERE - and we will forward all these pooled funds to theamusant's JustGiving donation page on the day of the race as a single RSR donation.

Every cent raised is a cent closer to preventing this disease wrecking havoc on more families around the globe.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just seen this. I'm interested to drive for such charity for sure!

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw.....we need to drive in a dress I see :D. Or it is like how dressed you are? The fancier the better :D?

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Btw.....we need to drive in a dress I see . Or it is like how dressed you are? The fancier the better?
I guess this only is valid for streamers with webcam. Who would know whether you drive as a unicorn when nobody could actually see you.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I guess this only is valid for streamers with webcam. Who would know whether you drive as a unicorn when nobody could actually see you.
I understand that :D. Will find that unicorn outfit I have laying around here :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
C'mon boys few more drivers :D

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
1618621996598.png

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Given my mother's passing on Monday (and can I respectfully ask that we please don't derail this thread on that topic), I am no longer "TBC", I am now a definite for this. Re-installing ACC as I type.

Ricardo, I know I've told you in Discord already, but I cannot thank you enough for suggesting this and putting an RSR car or two into this event. It will be an enormous honour and my distinct privilege to take part and drive in this event with you lot :shame:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You can sign me in

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
What car are you guys using? Aston or Aston?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there a Jag? I'll drive the Jag :D

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is there a Jag? I'll drive the Jag :D
Yes there's emil frey jaguar but it's an old model nobody uses along with aston V12

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes there's emil frey jaguar but it's an old model nobody uses along with aston V12
I think this is the perfect event to reactivate those old cars and drive the Jag and the V12 for fun :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Exactly what I was thinking. The meme-ier the better
If the tracks is the nurb 2020 you can only pick cars from 2020 season, those cars are only usable on 2018 nurb

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hello boys,
Teams are pretty much sorted, so what do you think? If its all good we can start picking cars

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread