Recent Events (1 Viewer)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Due to recent events and lapses of etiquette within Teamspeak and the forum, we would like to draw all @Members attention back to our general conduct page. Lately, these standards have been dropping and bad vibes have been spilling out into TS and the forum.

It is the responsibility of all of us to keep the atmosphere in RSR positive, and not let arguments boil over in TS or in the public forums, killing the mood within the community. Staff and members alike have worked hard to build this community, and it’s disheartening to hear members are having a bad time here due to hot heads and frayed tempers.

This is why we always ask people to take their discussions privately after events. We also have to occasionally, pre-emptively, shut down lively public discussions, sometimes with verbal warnings during races, especially in cases where we know members have ‘a history’. We have issued licence points and penalties to members for their (severe lack of) conduct before and will continue to do so. Remember, you have a large captive audience in TS during a race, who may have a younger audience watching and listening to those same races. Prospective members also browse our forums before joining, so we want to provide them with the friendly and welcoming community we have worked hard to create. We know emotions can run high, but never forget that the races and our forum are, ultimately, in the public domain.

With particular regard to TeamSpeak, whilst we encourage chatter between races, as staff it is our responsibility to ensure TS is kept quiet from non-essential chatter during our quali and race sessions for 2 primary reasons:

1. To allow important information, especially from staff, to be heard without obstruction.

2. To allow everyone to concentrate on their driving without unnecessary distractions.

We consider essential chatter to be information regarding competitors or the race itself, said in a short and to the point manner. For example: “X I’m on your left”; “Leaving pits”; “Crash at X”; “X Track limits”; “X was that contact?”; “X blue flag” and so on.

What we don’t want to hear are such things as: “Woooahh woooahhh woooahh X what are you doing?”; “That was a dirty move”; “Come on man”; “For f*ck’s sake”; “I am DONE with this game”; “That’s the third time you’ve done that X”; “How did you save that?”; “Alright calm down mr Daniel Ricciardo, jeez what a dive bomb”; “Oh man that X is a rocket ship in a straight line, I mean honestly what am I supposed to do if you keep pulling away? The BOP is a JOKE”; and all the grunts, squeaks, and wheel noises that come with an open mic.

Responses should be an even briefer acknowledgement, if even needed at all. Race and quali sessions are not the time for a conversation or argument – wait until after the race / event for discussion and if it’s purely a matter between 2 drivers, discuss that in private. If you don’t agree with something said, say why afterwards. If someone is repeating something you’ve already told them about, talk afterwards and/or take it to the stewards.

Going forwards we will be monitoring repeat noise-makers and will consider forcing Push-To-Talk on members if we need to, to keep our races free from distractions. Members should consider using PTT regardless, if they are not already, as this cuts down on unwanted noise immediately, and frustrations can be vented without disrupting your fellow racers.

With all this in mind, we want to emphasise that we are not restricting debate, we are asking you to keep personal disputes personal, and not public. Please remember that if something has happened or is causing an issue, we have many rooms in TeamSpeak to discuss with the person(s) involved, and if that fails, the stewards room can be utilised to raise a case. If a member needs someone impartial to help mediate, ask a member of staff and we’ll be happy to help.

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Darksi 100 percent on this. Join this community to have fun and enjoy racing with others. I'm not here to hear screaming and people cussing each other out because a move on the track. We are the senior members and we should set a example for the new comers.

Last edited:

peddlebanger

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol after reading that don't want to go on TS. Perhaps a better option would be a channel on Zello, there the admin can cut over any none admins and any bad behaviour can be ousted in an instant, any mobile phone can download the app, and it's free.

I use it as a network radio, it's also good for general chat worldwide all free, just a suggestion you may want to look at.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol after reading that don't want to go on TS. Perhaps a better option would be a channel on Zello, there the admin can cut over any none admins and any bad behaviour can be ousted in an instant, any mobile phone can download the app, and it's free.

I use it as a network radio, it's also good for general chat worldwide all free, just a suggestion you may want to look at.

Sometimes things can get a little "loud", but again we are all humans and sometimes emotions run high. With the post @Darksi made, everyone should be aware of it and try to make it better and welcome for everyone.

So I really hope you join us on TS, because 95/100 times we are having a great time. :)

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Push to talk should be made mandatory for those who can accommodate it.The more we have on push to talk the better

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes but that's another story

Last edited by a moderator:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

We, the staff, already have the ability to deal with things in TeamSpeak - and it has been used in the past when necessary. We'd rather not use the stick part of the "carrot and stick" approach though :)

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
We, the staff, already have the ability to deal with things in TeamSpeak - and it has been used in the past when necessary. We'd rather not use the stick part of the "carrot and stick" approach though :)
Sorry I ate the carrot on the stick. :p

Users who are viewing this thread