Project CARS 2 Renault ESport Series (1 Viewer)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Broadcast will be enabled in the MP lobby, according to the details I've been sent, so I'm assuming they are going to stream it and broadcast.

I'm not going to mince my words (for once) this is a truly hateful combo. The car is a lot of fun to drive, challenging yes, but still fun. Not at Azure Circuit though and any idea that this is going to be a 15-lap 'race' is silly. It's going to be "follow the pole sitter for 15 laps hoping he makes a mistake". That's not racing. Still, I'll do what I can but the test run I did last night has drained every ounce of enthusiasm I had. Meanwhile, the other formats get Oulton Park and Catalunya, I'd sell parts of my body to race either of those instead of notMonaco.

/rant off
If I know the French and their ways, they picked Azure because it is French... They better could've picked bugatti circuit.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll assume as they're ignoring my emails I'm out then. I haven't had anything.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Broadcast will be enabled in the MP lobby, according to the details I've been sent, so I'm assuming they are going to stream it and broadcast.

I'm not going to mince my words (for once) this is a truly hateful combo. The car is a lot of fun to drive, challenging yes, but still fun. Not at Azure Circuit though and any idea that this is going to be a 15-lap 'race' is silly. It's going to be "follow the pole sitter for 15 laps hoping he makes a mistake". That's not racing. Still, I'll do what I can but the test run I did last night has drained every ounce of enthusiasm I had. Meanwhile, the other formats get Oulton Park and Catalunya, I'd sell parts of my body to race either of those instead of notMonaco.

/rant off

I'll be cheering you on @Cluck I'm a bit disappointed not to be there with you but maybe next time.

Stick it on pole, and you'll be fine, you can do it. Agree the combo is horrible, but it's the same for everyone...it is a really odd choice for a "RACE" though. In a slower, smaller FWD car like the Clio it might have been more interesting, or even possible to overtake. If you want to run around online tonight to get a feel for overtaking opportunities I was planning to test tonight anyway. Happy to help you prepare.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer for help preparing but I'm not sure there's a lot that needs 'preparing' as such. The combo is just bloody horrible. It's bearable in TT for a lap or two at a time but in quali and race conditions, it's awful and I really had to force myself to do more than 5 laps last night (the race will be 15 laps, with accelerated tyre wear, just to add to the 'fun').

I'm going to do more practice of course and I am going to try and cheer up but right now I am Mr Grumpy 2018 :(

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that following someone who is slightly slower might help you attune to race conditions and work out how/if you can pass anywhere...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
At least 2 from the other split are likely to be quicker than me and to be honest, I appreciate the offer but I'm just going to play it by ear. The guys up front could crash out at T1. I could qualify first and sail off into the distance. I could qualify last and be way off the pace. Until we're all through turn 1 there's not really a lot to plan. As for overtaking, I'm one of the biggest gents going, so unless there is a clear and safe opportunity, I'm not risking taking both myself and the other driver out. I'll do the best I can on the day, no more, no less.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Well all the best mate, I'll be watching :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's finals day

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Nervous? Me? Yes. Because I've still not done any proper practice and there are now just 4 and a bit hours to go.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
It's finals day

:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Nervous? Me? Yes. Because I've still not done any proper practice and there are now just 4 and a bit hours to go.
Good luck mate. You’ll smash it!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck mate. You’ll smash it!
Oh I'll smash something alright. First the car, then my Rift. I'm not trying to downplay things at all, I really don't care where I finish today. I got here and did so with almost the best lap of Spa I've ever run, that's more important to me than today's result. That's not to say I won't be over the moon if I do win and get through to the live final at Silverstone but I'm not going to beat myself up over it if I don't :)

That aside, thanks Mark, it is genuinely appreciated :)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck @Cluck. Can we watch the show somewhere?

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck @Cluck. Can we watch the show somewhere?
The organisers are enabling broadcast mode but I have no idea if they are actually going to broadcast it. If I see anything about it I'll post it in here. I won't be streaming my footage though.

EDIT : Well, the XBOX final is already over, the PS4 one is currently underway but I can't find a mention of them being broadcast anywhere. My guess is, therefore, that it won't be being broadcast. As such, you'll all just have to wait until it's finished to find out how badly I did ;)

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Go get em Cluck, rooting for you

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Aw pants, someone pulled out and they offered me the place but I didn’t keep an eye on my emails...

I’ve only just seen it, gadnamit...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Qualified P4 with a 1m32.8 (P1 set a 1m31.79 in the last seconds :| ). Still, given the lack of practice, I was happy with that. Race got me up to P3 before I locked up out of the tunnel (that's the one corner I hated in the few practice laps I did). P3 then rage quit and it was just a case of fending off P4 after I lost concentration on lap 13 and put it head-first into a wall at the swimming pool complex.

Utterly hateful combo and I hope to god I never ever do that combo again.

EDIT : Forgot to add, P3 is better than I was expecting.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I’d have been lapped, struggled to get out of the 1:34’s in the practice qually sessions I did...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’d have been lapped, struggled to get out of the 1:34’s in the practice qually sessions I did...
That's what P4 and P5 were doing. Gutted you didn't make it through, I did wonder why Bafrage was there and said "I got late notice" :(

Users who are viewing this thread