Project CARS 2 Renault ESport Series (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So is that an exploit..??? Are they going to allow it bit unfair if it is to thoes who dont use it imo..

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So is that an exploit..??? Are they going to allow it bit unfair if it is to thoes who dont use it imo..
Not really, given that they can't police what controller somebody uses or what handicaps somebody might have that prevents them driving without the assist enabled. I don't know if it even helps with this combo - chances are, given the style of circuit, the effect would be negligible anyway.

I've already sent yourself and Born2BSlow a PM.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm worried, I haven't had confirmation of my slot tonight... my niece Sophia was born today, so I'm off for a munch tomorrow. Might be able to squeeze it in tomorrow night if I can tear myself away, but Sunday will be difficult

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Drop them an e-mail. I got replies within a minute :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm worried, I haven't had confirmation of my slot tonight... my niece Sophia was born today, so I'm off for a munch tomorrow. Might be able to squeeze it in tomorrow night if I can tear myself away, but Sunday will be difficult
Forgot to say, congrats to your brother/sister (delete as applicable!) on their new one :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And time to relax now. After a couple of hiccups, I managed to settle down and set some laps. Nothing I can do now except wait for the results to be published.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly stressful isn't it lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good luck tonight @Jonno , the 3rd RSR member who made it through to the semi-finals :cool:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
well i shall be getting under way in a few minz.. i will give it everything i have but im not feeling hopeful unless we have a fair few cheaters about lol

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I race TT with a guy on PS4 @ www.stoopidchallenges.com who has qualified and he asked if it was ok to make pitstops :rolleyes: I did tell him not to try to use any exploits. He said he was just thinking about repairs

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
why didn't he just "return to pits", which instantly repairs your car? Anybody doing a pit-stop is going to come under scrutiny because, as per the 'converstation', there are things you can do in pit-stop that circumvent the 'default setup'. Do that and you will find yourself on a one-way ticket to Kickedoutofthecompetitionsville, Arizona.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
phew thank god thats over lol

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
why didn't he just "return to pits", which instantly repairs your car? Anybody doing a pit-stop is going to come under scrutiny because, as per the 'converstation', there are things you can do in pit-stop that circumvent the 'default setup'. Do that and you will find yourself on a one-way ticket to Kickedoutofthecompetitionsville, Arizona.

I told him all of that, don’t think he’s done his run yet...I had heard about the exploit but I thought SMS had sorted it...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I told him all of that, don’t think he’s done his run yet...I had heard about the exploit but I thought SMS had sorted it...
Sadly, they can't easily do that, it's a standard qualifying session in a MP lobby. Doing so would prevent people changing their tyres or tyre pressures in a default lobby race, which would be a nightmare if they need to change tyres for an overnight or rain session.

Remember, tyre pressures show up in the HUD when the driver is monitored from the pits, so if he leaves the pits with pressures at anything other than default, he's going to be in trouble. I'll just echo what I said earlier, and what you've already told him, if he damages his car then he should 'return to pits' to avoid any possible ramifications :). I mean, think of the time you lose limping round the circuit with a damaged car, let alone the time to repair it!

For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm not involved in this competition in any way except as a competitor (I wouldn't have been allowed to take part if I was) and I only know the above based on my e-mail to the organisers.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well im hoping 6 others cheated lol and that would give me the last spot lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With the semi-finals coming to a close right about now, I've made my fastest lap recording public.

I could (and should) have done a 2m09.69x lap if I'd nailed the 1st sector properly but it wasn't to be. Still, I'm hoping the 2m09.845s lap will be good enough to put me through to the online finals next Saturday. Not that I'll progress from there, we really got the rough end of it in the PC division, getting a 'race' at Azure Circuit (as much as anybody can actually 'race' there). Still, if I've made it through then I'll give it my best shot as always.

I posted this (well, this is a slightly revised edition!), about 10 minutes after my session had ended, in the private chat I was having with Born2BSlow and Jonno. That chat was primarily about the pit-stop potential exploit, which I'd refrained from discussing in public until today.

…..

Well, that was 'interesting' :D. I was seriously struggling with the car in the first corner and the final chicane when, just as I noticed that ABS was disabled, the host left the server. "Ping" went my phone, as an e-mail arrived. The server had apparently crashed so I left it but not before checking the time I had set was saved. Up went a new server and after a few minutes of struggling, I checked the ABS again. Hmmm, it's still not enabled. Back to the pits, into options, re-enable it, leave the pits. Nope. I left the server and made sure my options were set to 'Authentic' and went to re-join the lobby but first I studied the server screen …. "ABS - Disabled" . Great :(

I rejoined the server and let them know, they restarted it and now we were all good.

They were prepared to give me another 2 hours but, with 40 minutes already gone, I said "nope, I'm supposed to have 2 hours, it's unfair on the other competitors if I get over 2½ hours, I'll stop promptly at 3pm as per the original schedule". I'm a gent to the last, even if it is to my disadvantage.

With the clock ticking, my times were coming down but every lap where I was on for a 2m09, one corner or another saw to it that it was not to be. I checked my watch, it was now 2.50pm :eek:. I caught a kerb on full throttle with an armful of steering. Spin. Barrier. Smack. F**K!

Back to the pits. It was now or never. I left the pits with just 9 minutes of "my" clock left.

A safe outlap, nothing stupid this time, just get the tyres warmed up normally. Ignore the first flying lap, just get the tyres up to temp and pressure, work the brakes, get some heat in there. Come on Cluck, you can do this.

2.55pm and I started what was to be my fastest lap. S1 on the car hud showed 0.00s gap to previous fastest lap. Dammit, that's 0.15s off my best. Ah well, relax, it's still OK. Keep going, keep pushing. S2 was nearly 0.3s up. What's that sound? Dammit, shutup heart, stop beating so damn loudly. OK, just the chicane to go, don't screw this up. Pick out the change in grass texture to the left, smack the brakes hard, drop down the gears. 6. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. Turn in. Stab of throttle. Turn left, hard on the power. Across the line. New PB, finally under 2m10 in this session.

I check my watch again.

It's 2.57pm

I pull up and return to the pits. My heart is racing too fast to do another lap, I won't be able to concentrate. That's it, my work is done. Ladies and gentlemen, Cluck has left the building.

My heart was still racing for 20 minutes after I'd closed the game. Adrenaline's a hell of a drug!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my session, except my battle was to get through the 2:11 mark into the 2:10’s. I set a 2:10.998 on about my 4th lap of my session, spent the next 2 hrs facing the wall, mysteriously losing 3/4 tenths, overheating tyres, TC off TC on, get up and have a little walk around, major league VR face...

Final time was a 2:10.891, it doesn’t finish until tonight @Cluck

I know it’s not as good as doing it for real, but the adrenaline is real. My Fitbit records it as exercise lol. Bang for buck, sim racing is the most fun you can have as a petrol head...throw in the occasional track experience like Palmersports (not cheap) and open wheelers at Silverstone (recommended), and it’s enough for me. Until I win the lottery and the kids bugger off

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
re. the end time of the semi-finals, the e-mail I had said:
"Time slots will be available every 2 hours, with the first daily slot opening at 9am, and the last slot closing 11PM. This will run through to Sunday night. You have been allocated a slot in a split."

I wonder if the console divisions are ending tonight and it was only PC that ended last night? Anyway, no matter.

I took a couple of 20 second breaks in my last session, just to have a drink of water, otherwise I was out on track for almost the entirety of it. My laps kicked off in the low 2m10 mark, shortly afterwards dropping to 2m10.118 and then 2m10.114 just a couple of laps later. It was that .114 lap that was my best in the session until the very last lap. It was sat there, taunting me, poking its tongue at me saying "you can't beat me Cluck!".

Your 2m10.891 lap is still very quick. Keep crossing the fingers!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
You're right it does say Sunday...sorry, don't know why I thought it was Monday, maybe that was the way the qualifiers worked, the website says 12-18 June so maybe that's where I got it from.

Anyhoo, just waiting for the results now then...one of these days chicken I'm gonna catch ya!

Users who are viewing this thread