Project CARS 2 Renault ESport Series (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just went through my recording(s) of the sessions and I'm missing the first few laps of the final session, where I actually had ABS enabled at last, so there are a few laps missing

First lobby - No ABS
2m11.4 (1st flying lap after outlap)
2m11.1 (tyres still not fully up to pressure)
2m10.7
2m10.3

The host left the lobby as I think the server recording the data had crashed.

2nd lobby - No ABS again
2m11.4 (1st flying lap after outlap)
2m10.3
2m10.3
2m10.3

I noticed again that ABS wasn't enabled and asked if the server could be restarted

3rd lobby
2m10.2
2m10.4
2m10.5
2m10.1
2m10.1
2m10.2
2m10.2
2m10.1
2m10.4
2m10.4
2m09.8

I've excluded all the outlaps and the ones where I went wide and slowed down. These are all the 'flying laps' where I was going for it, even on cold, below-ideal pressure tyres :)

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
robochicken.jpg

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Mind your back @Cluck somebody already dropped out... I'm in wooooooohoooooooo get in! just need an armoured car to bounce around the barriers lol

Just need to remember @Cluck winner winner Chicken dinner yum yum yum, coming for you KF Cluck ... hmmmm gravy

Reactions: Tom

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really? Wow, nice one!

I've just confirmed I'll be taking part in the final. It's quite awkward as I was supposed to be 100 miles away at a friend's birthday party :oops:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mind your back @Cluck somebody already dropped out... I'm in wooooooohoooooooo get in! just need an armoured car to bounce around the barriers lol

Just need to remember @Cluck winner winner Chicken dinner yum yum yum, coming for you KF Cluck ... hmmmm gravy
Lucky git lol now can we get 10 more to drop out lol i might just have a shot then lol..

I want to do more in the esports scene but i dont have the licence for it and public lobby bashing might take a while may need to do some races with guys i trust to get the rating up..

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Really? Wow, nice one!

I've just confirmed I'll be taking part in the final. It's quite awkward as I was supposed to be 100 miles away at a friend's birthday party :oops:

I feel ya pain... nobody gets sim racing, most of my friends/family think I just play at driving cars on my computer and I'm a bit sad and geeky, they just humour me and feign interest if I try to talk about it (so I don't really bother unless someone asks now). Luckily where I work now is gamer heavy, so there are some guys here who are truly stoked for me!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One of my ex-employees (who is now a fully qualified paediatrician) understands exactly where I'm coming from, as most people I know have the same reaction as you describe. In his words:

"Just because it’s a game doesn’t mean it doesn’t take a s**t load of skill, people who roll their eyes can bog off!"

Wise words indeed!

EDIT : I've asked the organisers if they can let me have my complete list of laptimes. I'm mostly interested in seeing what my split times were, as that's the only thing I don't have. I want to see how far off the best I actually could have done in the end.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
As usual I'm a second off the chicken in TT, work to do here...that final sector is a bit tricky in the Megane...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Heh, I just ran a few laps to get a rough idea of what the combo was going to be like. Won't be doing any more TT on this combo, I'm going to knuckle down to doing quali and race testing from this evening. I'm going to assume, unless we are notified otherwise, that the race will be 'default date' and dry but it really is anybody's guess.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I emailed to ask about server settings, they were going to try and get them out yesterday by 5pm...still waiting...

@Cluck you only ran a few laps, I ran loads and was sweating like a pig to keep up and was still a second off... if I can qualify second I'll be your wingman/rolling roadblock... my chances of beating you start slim and go down to none anyhoo... you saw what happened when I got on pole for the Ginetta race...that went very badly!

Hell I've been chasing your ghost since 2012 man...I do occasionally get ahead although I don't mention it in case you go back and destroy me again lol

Last edited:

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Following this thread for a while now, amazing job @Cluck @Born2BSlow @Jonno !

Does the live grand final has VR so you can compete there if you reach it @Cluck since it would be a problem for you?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
According to the website there will be playseat rigs, no mention of wheels or VR, I expect it will be big screens so everyone can see what's going on...

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
...and now I get an email saying someone has changed their mind and might be able to make it, back on the reserve list...they'll let me know asap...

Gutted! and wtf are they playing at? Yes, No, Maybe? Going to keep practicing on the off chance... all this because I couldn't find 0.05 seconds...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
...and now I get an email saying someone has changed their mind and might be able to make it, back on the reserve list...they'll let me know asap...

Gutted! and wtf are they playing at? Yes, No, Maybe? Going to keep practicing on the off chance... all this because I couldn't find 0.05 seconds...
That's really disrespectful on the part of that other player :(

"IF" I make it to the final then without VR I am a sitting duck. I don't honestly mind, just getting there will be a massive achievement. As for putting things up on the big screen, that's possible with and without VR so that shouldn't affect things.

As for TT, yeah, sorry. Thing is, some combos I can get into quite quickly (I mean, my 2m10.4 TT lap at Spa was on my 3rd or 4th lap with the combo - I've since shut the radiator and brake ducts, leaving everything else standard and done a 2m08 lap) and I can reach close to my potential quite quickly. Some take me a long time and some I never reach. I tried the 'Stable' setup for half a lap and hated it, it really doesn't suit me at all - besides, the downforce settings are the same so there's no real advantage to it around Azure. I'm sure there's a 1m32 lap in there for the truly committed but without doing some tests in quali/race conditions, I genuinely have no idea what the real pace will be like.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'd say it's more the organiser, if someone said no then it should "auf wiedersehen" not "well let us know if you change your mind..." especially if the place is then offered to someone else, and accepted. If they weren't sure, they should have left me as a reserve. I'd still be practicing just in case, but I wouldn't be so annoyed about it...guess that's of no consequence as far as they're concerned though.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
True but as the person who said "no", they must realise that their spot is being given to somebody else. It is rude and disrespectful to then take that spot back, after the other person has then got their hopes up and got excited about going through to the final.

I'm with you though, If somebody said "I can't make it", with no "but I'll let you know..." then that's it, they're off and out. What happens if they change their mind again and you hadn't practiced?

I'm intrigued as to who it was that said they were withdrawing.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would send them exactly those words @Born2BSlow

Really a nogo what they are doing :/

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Already have @t0daY ...they haven't replied. It's a bit rum, as we brits used to say in the 1950's...maybe not in so many words

"Aw no...I got really excited and told everyone I know I was in...

Priorities, I understand, but people shouldn't enter these things if they're not prepared to see them through...and no should mean no, not maybe if...

Sorry, not venting at you... "

Is what I actually wrote...

Also a bit hypocritical of me as I keep signing up to races here and then missing them without letting peeps know...

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
....like a puppet on a string....

Still no final yes/no ... I've asked if there will be a live stream maybe @King-Kodiak should offer his services?

support@renaultesports.com if you're interested KK... I want to watch Cluck victory if I'm not involved, I'll see more of him on track if I'm watching lol

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Broadcast will be enabled in the MP lobby, according to the details I've been sent, so I'm assuming they are going to stream it and broadcast.

I'm not going to mince my words (for once) this is a truly hateful combo. The car is a lot of fun to drive, challenging yes, but still fun. Not at Azure Circuit though and any idea that this is going to be a 15-lap 'race' is silly. It's going to be "follow the pole sitter for 15 laps hoping he makes a mistake". That's not racing. Still, I'll do what I can but the test run I did last night has drained every ounce of enthusiasm I had. Meanwhile, the other formats get Oulton Park and Catalunya, I'd sell parts of my body to race either of those instead of notMonaco.

/rant off

Users who are viewing this thread