Project CARS 2 Renault ESport Series (1 Viewer)

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't join, it's UK only. But maybe some of you would be interested.
http://renaultesports.com/

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I might have already signed up ;)

There are, however, 2 reasons why I won't be going to the final:

1. I absolutely suck at driving scrabble wagons front-wheel drive cars. I can drive them, I just can't drive them quickly and certainly not quickly enough to be challenging the REAL aliens out there.
2. If the live final is running on monitors, there is no point my even showing up. I have been driving with a Rift for nearly 4 years, driving on a flat-screen simply isn't something I can do at any kind of pace these days.

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
You had me at "scrabble wagons" :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Force of habit from my days on the SXOC (Nissan 200SX Owners Club) where that was how all FWD were described. I don't care how good the car is, what trick diff it might have, if it's FWD, it's a scrabble wagon and always will be.

Scrabble
Scrabble
Scrabble
Scrabble
Grip
Go
S**t, corner!
Scrabble
Scrabble
Scrabble
Grip
Go

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice, A 200SX club. I never got into that. Most I had was a 50cc go-kart as a kid.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The first qualifying round is over and I never managed to put in the 34s lap I knew I was capable of. Ended the round in P6, which is enough in itself, but with 2 people above me not eligible to take part, that put me P4.

I think I'm correct in that the top 6 from each qualifying round go into the semi-finals, so that's 1 step closer to Silverstone ;)

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Show 'em how to pilot that scrabble wagon!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No chance. I tried it briefly (ie, 2 laps) in time-trial and gave up, some 1s off the WR default setup pace :dead:

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Ah, I read that wrong... well at least you had a try, huh?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I've given the Clio Cup a go and currently sitting P3 (although P2 isn't eligible to take part, along with the majority of the top 20 times right now it seems!) so that's actually P2. P1 time is 1m15.7 and I know I can match that, or at least get within a tenth of it, I just need to do it.

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow that's awesome! You one of those aliens I keep hearing about?

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I'm just guessing, P1/p3 in an event like that probably says a lot! :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A quick update to say that I'm through to the semi-finals :)

Reactions: Tom

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice! Any Replays?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice! Any Replays?
I'll upload my latest one tonight (finished 3rd in the 2nd qualifier, even though I didn't need to take part). The first round is already up

The ghost is the person who was P1 for almost the entirety of the round. I made a mess of the first sector, or I would have been within a tenth of his time. To be honest, each lap was torture as I never got to grips with, er, the lack of grip. Rallycross just isn't my cup of tea :eek:

Laserbeak43

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice lap! I love Rallycross, I'm just not very good at staying off of the walls.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Round 2

There was a flurry of activity in this round, following the release of Patch 6, which saw laptimes drop by 0.5s. I was P1 for about an hour yesterday evening but the previous P1 driver took that and then improved.

It looks like a few of the 'fastest' drivers used steering assist to game the system and find some extra speed. I really don't see the point, when you won't be able to do that in the live grand final but each to their own.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Those were two very slick laps @Cluck , very impressive.

There was a flurry of activity in this round, following the release of Patch 6, which saw laptimes drop by 0.5s
Do you know what the sudden pace changes relate to? SMS release notes are light on specifics.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Those were two very slick laps @Cluck , very impressive.

Do you know what the sudden pace changes relate to? SMS release notes are light on specifics.
Felt like tyres to me :)

I do know more but I'm not at liberty to divulge - since SMS cannot release details, nor can I, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread