Project CARS 2 Renault Megane Trophy Sprint Night (1 Viewer)

Renault Megane Trophy Sprint Night
Posted by Tom
Project Cars 2
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok guys we're doomed... or maybe that's the trick @FuBii has been using this whole time?View attachment 8835
That's actually quite brilliant really!!!!! Would love that for FH4!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

For me it was the other way around. For some reason the car was not communicating with me, maybe it was a FFB setting, raised FFB volume but to no avail. Or maybe this car was just too fast for me :rolleyes: , or I need more practice (never drove this car before) plus usually I reduce steering ratio a lot in my setups. Was great fun though in the back field with some great battles :D
Same here Breeze! I can't remember feeling so unconnected with a car. I definitely can say that I'm not impressed with PCARS2 driving model tbh. ACC and rF2 is soo much better. But PCARS2 looks sooooo bloooody gooood!!!!!! I enjoyed racing the Renault Truck hahahhaaha

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's actually quite brilliant really!!!!! Would love that for FH4!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Same here Breeze! I can't remember feeling so unconnected with a car. I definitely can say that I'm not impressed with PCARS2 driving model tbh. ACC and rF2 is soo much better. But PCARS2 looks sooooo bloooody gooood!!!!!! I enjoyed racing the Renault Truck hahahhaaha
It's funny because that describes quite accurately my first experience with RF2 : it was a FWD TCR Civic and it was the first time I actually felt torque steer through FFB :oops: but the Megane was honestly good, if you applied basic traction circle skills you could drive it quick :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's funny because that describes quite accurately my first experience with RF2 : it was a FWD TCR Civic and it was the first time I actually felt torque steer through FFB :oops: but the Megane was honestly good, if you applied basic traction circle skills you could drive it quick :)
I think I lost the ability to run FWD cars then since switching from my VW Passat to my Alfa Romeo Giulia :D;)

Was a fun night still!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's also a shame that PC2 doesn't quite replicate the real sound...

The game sounds more like a hairdryer!

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's also a shame that PC2 doesn't quite replicate the real sound...

The game sounds more like a hairdryer!
Well to me it sounded pretty accurate...

edit : when I first started the car I couldn't help but saying "wow this sounds like a demonic 350z" and after some research apparently both cars share the V6 VQ35 engine! So yeah I'd say they pretty much nailed it ^^

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Clearly I have an issue with my ears :p

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't forget, there's a huge difference between what you hear trackside, what you hear from a camera that is usually strapped to the chassis of the car and what your own ears hear inside a car when you're wearing a crash helmet. Are the sounds in pCARS2 thoroughly accurate? No, but there are some that are probably a lot more accurate than people give it credit for. I remember playing with one of the Ferrari racecars in pre-release and the noise it made coming off throttle was painful to the ears, just like its real-life counterpart - it had the exact note I remember from hearing it in real life.

I will say, though, what a lot of cars in the game do seem to be lacking is "weight", for want of a better word.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Don't forget, there's a huge difference between what you hear trackside, what you hear from a camera that is usually strapped to the chassis of the car and what your own ears hear inside a car when you're wearing a crash helmet. Are the sounds in pCARS2 thoroughly accurate? No, but there are some that are probably a lot more accurate than people give it credit for. I remember playing with one of the Ferrari racecars in pre-release and the noise it made coming off throttle was painful to the ears, just like its real-life counterpart - it had the exact note I remember from hearing it in real life.

I will say, though, what a lot of cars in the game do seem to be lacking is "weight", for want of a better word.
My opinion is that ACC does it better I mean the sounds that doesn't come directly from the engine like chassis flex, abs, gravel hitting the floor, and oh god the transmission and brakes sounds! I understand what you mean with the sound the driver acrually hears but sims in general lack the vibrations you feel through the seat so it s very welcome to hear all these little things that give you feedback on what the car is doing :) one of the reasons I decided to start sim racing with pcas at all was because I was mind blown by the sounds!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^ Indeed, there are a lot of those finer details that are definitely missing in pCARS

Users who are viewing this thread