PC2 Resolved RevoCup - S5 - Split2 - Round6 - Race1 - Sprint Race (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mearcat

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 17/09/18
Event: Sprint
Members Involved: Mearcat / Vsonic
Description:

Incident 1
Lap 1 Turn 2/3 - I was providing space to the right for Onufmi by taking a wider line into T3 where VSonic, with a good run from T2, attempts an overtake around my outside. Vsonics line causes him to collide with my front wheel knocking him off. After the contact Vsonic continues racing without waiting.

Incident 2
Lap 11 Turn 14 - I get a draft from Vsonic out of T12 speed gain continues round T13 where I am on the inside. I brake early for the expected tighter line round T14 but Vsonic turns early aiming for the kerb which causes his car to cut across my front wing causing performance ending damage. I wait for Vsonic to rejoin ahead as per collision rules.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Sonic

Reaction score
Steam
View
In the first case, his car under the influence of centrifugal force was carried to mine, I did not even see it.
In the second incident he hit me on braking and it was unpleasant. Since I had a wing clip 19/20, then these cars must be overtaken on a straight line with the help of slipstream and do not spoil the cars, the mood and the time of the judges! Recently, I have been a frequent guest in this room, although I always, wherever possible I try to avoid any incidents and like a clean fight on the brink, I always respect the enemy on the track even if he is the culprit of the incident, I will never file a protest, because I appreciate time and nerves of the judges and I want to hold races with friends, not with rivals. Most likely I need to take a break.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
Reaction score
Steam
View
As a reminder, please stick to providing information ONLY relating to the case at hand. It is the job of the stewards to review the evidence from all parties, discuss the case further and then provide a judgement. Until then, it is business as usual.

Thank you :)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to Stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards would firstly like to apologise for the delay in providing their report into this matter. On the matter of the 1st reported incident, there will be No Further Action taken against @Sonic , with 0 Penalty Points added to his racing license, whilst @Mearcat is issued with A Warning for causing An Unnecessary Collision in the 1st of the 2 reported incidents, with 1 Penalty Point added to his Racing License. The Stewards deemed the 2nd incident to be A Racing Incident for which No Further Action will be taken against either driver.

In the 1st incident, it was clear to the stewards that Sonic maintained his line, on the outside of the corner and that Mearcat understeers into him. We deemed this to be a breach of Articles 1.1.2 and 1.2.1 of our Driving Standards:
  • 1.1.2 - You should, at all times, try to avoid any intentional contact during our events
  • 1.2.1 - As the chasing car, it is your responsibility to avoid contact with the car in front

Moving to the 2nd reported incident, although the stewards deemed this to be a racing incident, Sonic could have been aware of the potential for Mearcat to try and take the inside line, whilst Mearcat's attempt to pass there was slightly optimistic.

Thread closed for further comments @Mearcat @Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)