Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 0: Red Bull Ring (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 0: Red Bull Ring
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, May 21, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

DTerry

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, noob question Inc, how do we know if we in tonight's race? When we signed up we were out on reserve, just looking at making plans if not in it.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
turn up, if there's space you can race =)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey, noob question Inc, how do we know if we in tonight's race? When we signed up we were out on reserve, just looking at making plans if not in it.
There should be space for you. For the pre-season event everyone can turn up!

DTerry

Community Member
Reaction score
There should be space for you. For the pre-season event everyone can turn up!
Hey, you can withdraw Team Keep It Lit to make space for someone else. Didnt realise the lobby settings both of us are using some driving aids so would just ruin it for everyone considering they are all switched off.

Good Luck all!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey, you can withdraw Team Keep It Lit to make space for someone else. Didnt realise the lobby settings both of us are using some driving aids so would just ruin it for everyone considering they are all switched off.

Good Luck all!
Which assists are you usually running?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@RevolutionCup10 briefing starts in around 10 minutes. Make sure to be there :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
how many seasons are we going to start with the same changing limits during the session. At least it was the shake down, but not really sure why anyone wants to shake down how to cut every corner going. GG

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
NIce battling tonight midfield gang :cool: A little rough at times (that's par for the course with these cars), but still respectful and enjoyable. I'm especially happy with race 2. The pile-up helped of course, but I made some nice moves on merit moving up the order. Here's my video:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Absolutely miffed as to how you managed to be leaving the pit lane as I entered it for my stop when about 2 laps previous you were behind me and I only lost about 3-4 seconds amongst the battles :D

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I hope on other tracks the pitstop time does not equate to one lap. Technically when you come out with the people you were racing with, but now you are lapped, your race is compromised, unless standard touring car rules are you can battle to un-lap yourself?

Agree with the track limits thing. Suddenly in the second race my pace was much better.

Had some really good battles in the midfield. Thanks guys. Had an incident in race 2 with sticky cars, but other than that I think it was generally good.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Absolutely miffed as to how you managed to be leaving the pit lane as I entered it for my stop when about 2 laps previous you were behind me and I only lost about 3-4 seconds amongst the battles :D

Yeah, the pitstops seemed to shuffle around everyone quite a bit. I thought I gained time, but @Laiders managed to jump me, so apparantly my stop wasn't that good!

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I still did not understand why I have such a large ping and thought if I restart the game this problem can be solved, but the game decided that it is better for me not to go to the race at all and did not let me on the server , even restarting the computer did not help

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It was really good fun tonight, nice hard but fair touring car racing in the mid-field.

Yeah, the pitstops seemed to shuffle around everyone quite a bit. I thought I gained time, but @Laiders managed to jump me, so apparantly my stop wasn't that good!

I'm not sure how my pit crew was so efficient. I crawled down the pitlane to make sure I didn't drive past my pitcrew and still managed to get 4 tyres and jump @Battenberg. Did you turn all the damage repairs off in strategy?

I hope on other tracks the pitstop time does not equate to one lap. Technically when you come out with the people you were racing with, but now you are lapped, your race is compromised, unless standard touring car rules are you can battle to un-lap yourself?

Agree with the track limits thing. Suddenly in the second race my pace was much better.

Had some really good battles in the midfield. Thanks guys. Had an incident in race 2 with sticky cars, but other than that I think it was generally good.

It is a bit of a strange one this. I figured out that everyone lapping about the same speed was fair game, so hope you didn't spend too long politely sitting behind me. I think being touring cars it's going to just have to be racing as usual on short circuits with a mandatory pitstop, anyone who manages to lap the field is going to be both quick and robust enough to find a way through only @CatchAGlimpse lapped up to our gaggle and didn't seem to have a problem finding a gap :D

@hinesy32 your brake lights seemed to be on the whole time, may want to check your calibration, didn't seem to slow you down though!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@hinesy32 your brake lights seemed to be on the whole time, may want to check your calibration, didn't seem to slow you down though!

I was running with my lights on, maybe that was it. I’ll check my pedals, thanks for letting me know.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was running with my lights on, maybe that was it. I’ll check my pedals, thanks for letting me know.

Definitely had the middle brake light down that straight at one point.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@hinesy32 I apologize for the incident in the first race . Are you still looking for a partner?

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
FYI: I noticed @T.rev.1 had the same issue, lights on and middle brake light permanently on, other brake lights only on under braking.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had a good quali with an 8th position. Some bad luck during the race, kept 8th position at the start but someone accidently drove into me. Lost my flow and damage to the car made me miss a turn later on and got me even more damage. Went to pit for suspension repair only.. but with front damage 24 and engine damage 15 my pace was rubbish. Finished 26th....

Second race was more fun. Although for me it would have been better to have a quali for the 2nd race. Worked my way up from 26, finishing 15th.

Next time I think I better fuel up the tank and only swap tyres during the mandatory pit stop. I pitted before I reached a slower group, but with the extra time for fuelling, I didn't gain any position with pushing hard directly after the pit stop.

...this wasn't the first and certainly not the last time we had discussions about the track limits of the Red Bull Ring. I think we shouldn't use this track for a pre season test race. Especially for new members this track can give them the wrong idea about the track limits we use and how serious we take the rules we apply.
And if we use the RBR, maybe some of the more experienced drivers can have a discussion and agreement on track limits first and post some clear in game images of these track limits in advance?

Hope to see you all next week for the 1st round.

I don't think I ever drove the Barcelona-Catalunya Circuit... so will have to lock myself up for some days and tell my wife.... sorry, but 'I got that green light, babe' :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread