Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I believe it has nothing to do with your saved and selected pit strategy. Before going to pits you should request a pit stop from your crew (assign a key for it) and if they are not ready to serve they'll inform you. So you always aware if they're not ready and you have to wait.
Yes but in this case my pit crew was ready.... and someone mistakingly parked his car in my pit box :wideyed: . Didn't get serviced though :happy:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I believe it has nothing to do with your saved and selected pit strategy. Before going to pits you should request a pit stop from your crew (assign a key for it) and if they are not ready to serve they'll inform you. So you always aware if they're not ready and you have to wait.
I guess either Eugene had the same dream or it "works" in pc2. In this cup it should be no problem to do another 1 or 3 laps if the pitbox is ocupado, at least I see no benefit in refuelling. If you hit the request the lap you want to go in it should be worth it and /or informative. Just don't request the pit stop all the race because that could bring the guy in trouble that shares the spot with you ^^;
Yes but in this case my pit crew was ready.... and someone mistakingly parked his car in my pit box :wideyed: . Didn't get serviced though :happy:
Ah that is maybe something different.
If there is a car standing on your spot but not "occupying your spot" you can drive thru it in the pits? Are cars ghosted? Is that a thing in pc2? I know it from ACC.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I guess either Eugene had the same dream or it "works" in pc2. In this cup it should be no problem to do another 1 or 3 laps if the pitbox is ocupado, at least I see no benefit in refuelling. If you hit the request the lap you want to go in it should be worth it and /or informative. Just don't request the pit stop all the race because that could bring the guy in trouble that shares the spot with you ^^;

Ah that is maybe something different.
If there is a car standing on your spot but not "occupying your spot" you can drive thru it in the pits? Are cars ghosted? Is that a thing in pc2? I know it from ACC.
There is a setting in pcars2 so you only see your own pit crew ... for me that is on.... so should have known someone else was on my spot. Ghosting is not an option I think. But if everyone turns on option show only own pit crew, we might prevent these kind of issues.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
There is a setting in pcars2 so you only see your own pit crew ... for me that is on.... so should have known someone else was on my spot. Ghosting is not an option I think. But if everyone turns on option show only own pit crew, we might prevent these kind of issues.
Yes I guess your right.
I now better understand your problem.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
You can only chose between show a stop sign so you can recognize your spot or not show. There is no option to hide all other spots. If your spot is visually occupied by other car but your team is ready you can drive through other car. All cars in pits are ghosted.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If i remember correctly you cant use someone else pit box, there is a possibility that your pitbox is occupied by another pit crew, but that will be because they called the pitstop before you. so did you call the pit crew to be ready or just drive into the pits,(either way your pit box will appear) but stands a chance of being occupied.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
You can only chose between show a stop sign so you can recognize your spot or not show. There is no option to hide all other spots. If your spot is visually occupied by other car but your team is ready you can drive through other car. All cars in pits are ghosted.
Will have to check my game settings, think there is also an option something like 'only show own pitstop animation' which made iteasier for me to identify my pit box.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Pit box occupied is a pcars1 thing. Even if there is a car in your spot you will get serviced. You can call the stop but you don’t need to. Calling it will potentially make the stop quicker, especially if you box is on the front of the lane.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I lost 5 to 7 positions during my pit stop because someone occupied my pit box. Pitted in 4th position, finished 11th :confused:
For next race.... if pit crew doesn't show this sign..... it's not your pit crew! :rolleyes:

View attachment 9083

Didn't have all of the luck yesterday but overall I'm still improving :woot::woot::woot:

Sorry what is this sign? Does it show in VR? I just press the call pitstop button and pull into the crew that jump,out and wave me in, they always seem to do the service (but not necessarily the strategy Imintended to select!).

If someone could post clear instructions on how pit stops are meant to work in Pcars2 I think that would be helpful for a lot of people.

Most pitstop races seem a mess in Pcars, there’s always at least one person complaining about the pits after the race. In round 0 I inexplicably managed to overtake @Battenberg with a quick pitstop, in the last race I ended up stopping twice because I didn’t select my strategy first time...

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry what is this sign? Does it show in VR? I just press the call pitstop button and pull into the crew that jump,out and wave me in, they always seem to do the service (but not necessarily the strategy Imintended to select!).

If someone could post clear instructions on how pit stops are meant to work in Pcars2 I think that would be helpful for a lot of people.

Most pitstop races seem a mess in Pcars, there’s always at least one person complaining about the pits after the race. In round 0 I inexplicably managed to overtake @Battenberg with a quick pitstop, in the last race I ended up stopping twice because I didn’t select my strategy first time...
Sign is called 'Pit stop visual cue', it's in the game settings, and I'm driving in VR.
Unfortunately it can be turned on and off, don't know if it is on or off first time you play the game.
Maybe a good idea that we all have it turned on.

Pit stops explained Yorkie 065

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sign is called 'Pit stop visual cue', it's in the game settings, and I'm driving in VR.
Unfortunately it can be turned on and off, don't know if it is on or off first time you play the game.
Maybe a good idea that we all have it turned on.

Pit stops explained Yorkie 065

Cheers, I’ve turned that setting on now.

Does the automatic pit control/pit limiter actually work reliably and is it allowed in RSR events? I don’t like the idea of it on principle but if it saves some of the frustration then maybe it would be worth using.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score

Does the automatic pit control/pit limiter actually work reliably and is it allowed in RSR events? I don’t like the idea of it on principle but if it saves some of the frustration then maybe it would be worth using.
I'd suggest to assign a key for pit limiter as I strongly recommend not to trust anything automatic :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Assigning a button to the pit limiter function is pretty essential.

Users who are viewing this thread