Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Rd 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Rd 1: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cars: Mercedes-AMG A 45 SMS-R Touring & Opel Astra TCR
Track: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National

Date: Thursday, 28th May 2020
17:30 UTC - Optional Practice
18:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
18:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:50 UTC - Sprint Race
19:10 UTC - Break
19:20 UTC - Feature Race

GeneralRace 1Race 2
In-game Date:28th May 202028th May 2020
Time Progression:Real TimeReal Time
Weather Progression:Sync to RaceSync to Race

Qualifying
Duration:10 MinutesTop 10 Reversed Grid
Start Time:20:00-
Weather Forecast:Medium Cloud-

Race
Duration:20 Minutes5 + 40 Minutes
Start Time:9:0011:00
Weather Forecast:Light CloudLight Cloud

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters. / Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

Special Track Limits
None

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Main Driver
Reserve Driver

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Consedering yesterday's discussions about track limits, would it be possible to have a statement early? My opinion is that we don't need extension for this track, white lines are enough to follow a natural racing line

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Consedering yesterday's discussions about track limits, would it be possible to have a statement early? My opinion is that we don't need extension for this track, white lines are enough to follow a natural racing line
I remember with the Clio Cup the chicane exit being abused a bit, other than that the track is pretty much self policing with gravel isn't it?

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I remember with the Clio Cup the chicane exit being abused a bit, other than that the track is pretty much self policing with gravel isn't it?
Not even worth it, you lose time from the car instability/not getting the traction down so no need to extend.

The exit of the chicane on the back straight, it is quicker to take the grass on the inside of the exit but you still have two wheels inside of white lines so no rules being broken there.

The exit of the very final corner I can see people wondering out past the white lines, but again not sure it is even worth any lap time and can easily stay with 2 wheels inside the white lines.

Last edited:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
It might be worth including the mandatory pitstop with 4 tyre change rule for the feature race in every race thread. Some drivers weren't aware of this last night.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The exit of the very final corner I can see people wondering out past the white lines, but again not sure it is even worth any lap time and can easily stay with 2 wheels inside the white lines.

You will end up out there with tyre wear/ understeer but it doesn't help you get a better exit/ gain you any time going on to the main straight.. the chicane may end up messy if fighting/defending but the rest of the track is fine. Again this is just my humble opinion, take from it what you will :cat:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
She bought me a new gadget to stay cool in Barcelona :cool:
Connected to a USB port so hopefully it won't kill my PC. It actually does do its job, glasses in VR glasses no longer fogging up :D

20200522_104118.jpg

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried a dog cooling mat, usb fan and I also have a fish tank pump putting cool air into the headset. The best solution so far is shirt off, towel on the seat driving in my boxers....no video allowed!

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
She bought me a new gadget to stay cool in Barcelona :cool:
Connected to a USB port so hopefully it won't kill my PC. It actually does do its job, glasses in VR glasses no longer fogging up :D

View attachment 9027

Nice windsim, was thinking of making one of my own as well...

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’ve tried a dog cooling mat, usb fan and I also have a fish tank pump putting cool air into the headset. The best solution so far is shirt off, towel on the seat driving in my boxers....no video allowed!
We want a live stream! :D actually a simple thing like an open window actually helps a lot preventing lens fog

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Or use a controller :cool:
more mentally draining than a physical workout:pompous:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
More detailed one will be announced tonight :)
A bit late I know, was away whole saturday evening.

Here are the details, OP will be edited later:

1 Catalunya National Q 20:00 Medium Cloud S 9:00 Light Cloud F 11:00 Light Cloud

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
:wideyed: my Astra is very thirsty... 21 liters gone after 12-13 laps :grumpy: ... 1st full lap 1:15... rest of laps 1:16 because the left front tyre starts to degrade after 2 laps....
Well hopefully we all have the same issues and a lot of close racing :woot::woot::woot:

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
A friend of mine is currently doing repairs on his property, and I'm helping him out , so I might be a little late for the briefing

Kyledelaplane

Community Member
Reaction score
Is this just ment for PC
Or is this multi-platform
Xbox-1x,PS4,ps5

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score