Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 1: Dubai Autodrome International (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 1: Dubai Autodrome International
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Thursday, February 27, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
RevoCup9 - Round 1(c).png

Car: Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM & BMW M3 Sport Evo Group A
Track: Dubai Autodrome International

Date: Thursday, 27th February 2020
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:40 UTC - Qualifying 1
19:50 UTC - Race 1
20:20 UTC - Qualifying 2
20:30 UTC - Race 2

GeneralRace 1Race 2
In-game Date:TBDTBD
Time Progression:Real TimeReal Time
Weather Progression:Sync to RaceSync to Race

Qualifying
Duration:10 mins10 mins
Start Time:14:0014:00
Weather Forecast:ClearClear

Race
Duration:30 Minutes30 Minutes
Start Time:14:0014:00
Weather Forecast:ClearClear

Starting Procedure: Standing Start, when the in-game lights turn green the race starts - stay alert and look out for slow starters.

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Main Driver
Reserve Driver

Last edited by a moderator:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If the time trial time for this circuit is anything to go by, I think we're gonna be racing around the 1.46/47 mark for us mere mortals &/or controller players

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
If the time trial time for this circuit is anything to go by, I think we're gonna be racing around the 1.46/47 mark for us mere mortals &/or controller players

For Dubai wowzer im literally miles behind, need to run through the set up of what it will be like on the actual day

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Will have to skip round one due to my shift pattern this week. Will try and get the next one. My H shifter is feeling under used.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My H shifter is feeling under used.
Not to be used out of context... ;)
Post automatically merged:

For Dubai wowzer im literally miles behind, need to run through the set up of what it will be like on the actual day
Wanna practice tomorrow evening? There's certainly a lot of seconds to find ;)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For Dubai wowzer im literally miles behind
Feel free to rob my time trial setup, should point you in the right direction.
I tend to leave a basic setup on the time trials if people need something & I'm not online.
My current race / quali setup isn't much different from it.

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
Not to be used out of context... ;)

Wanna practice tomorrow evening? There's certainly a lot of seconds to find ;)

Oh I will need to find at least 4/5 I think the logitech G920 brake is my down fall on two of the corners, yeah 100% will be around

Feel free to rob my time trial setup, should point you in the right direction.
I tend to leave a basic setup on the time trials if people need something & I'm not online.
My current race / quali setup isn't much different from it.

Where does one find such gold, im using what Project Cars 2 developers think is "stable"

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Load up the time trials, select the track & car. On the right you can change to see the times set using your selected car. You can then add upto 3 ghosts to chase/beat. Start the trial, you should then be able to load the ghost's setups through the share menu. Save to a new slot. Compare it to what you have. I'm sure someone will be able to explain it better through TS

*Disclaimer, I race without Traction Control, ABS & stability assists. Auto clutch however is a life saver as a controller player... You may want to change the brake pressure to suit you.

Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
gonna throw up a practise server if anyone wants to/can join
I'll also be listening on TS =D

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Busy week, didn't have time to practice for this one and no big fan of dubai, will skip this one

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Lying in bed since tuesday and not healthy enough to race. GL everyone tonight, will maybe watch a stream from the bed :( :hungover:

WIS-RoryMcCann

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice racing all, was a nice watch for the first race, second race I failed fast and changed my setup late in Qualifying :cool:, now to fix my setup and my own driving

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Was a lot of fun racing and drifting and fighting! Phenomenal racing in R1, so many ppl in there for P3 and nice fight with Catch till the 2nd to last lap for the last Podium place.

In race 2 I jumped the lights, but slowed down. The row in front of me was pulling away, Spitfire was going past, I moved right and heard Puffi, that started 1 place in front, calling "I'm here!" And I was like, lol how bad did your start went xD
After some nice fighting with Spitfire and a super close call with the spinning Fubiii I put in my pace. Puffi was holding Catch and Tao up, thanky you :D and I could joint that fighting group. Some nice battles there but then we first lost a Puffi and then a Tao. Couldn't really keep up with Catchs clean pace so 4th it was.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As @miagi has said... great racing all night, so much fun!

I went in with low expectations on having done about 15 laps of practice but oh boy did I enjoy it. @steveg200 and @LoreGT were on another level in pace but the battle from 3rd-8th in both races was a thrill ride. Tough but super fair battles with @miagi @Taorminator @FuBii @Puffpirat @Spitfire. Two x 3rd places - can't complain!

Big thanks @Taorminator for the setup - loved it in the end.

This reminds me of @FuBii's move in the 2nd race that nearly killed me and @Taorminator

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Really enjoyed racing in PCars again after so long.These cars are so much fun to drive.Qualified in P2 and finished in P2 for both races which I am very happy with considering I'm non H SHIFTER .From what I could see the racing was clean with only minor incidents.want to congratulate @LoreGT on two well earned wins .

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@CatchAGlimpse choked on my own laughter hahahahaha

Having spent about 6 hours messing around with the Merc on the Nordschleife I had a pretty good feeling about this season.
Some 200 laps of practice later & I had a pretty decent setup, made better by some of @steveg200's inputs & suggestions :D
During our limited practice together we were both really closely matched, 1.44.8/9 but he destroyed that mark in the first qualifying. I was even more amazed when @LoreGT went even faster. My personal best was in any session was 1.44.6. I was able to consistently lap in the 1.45.6's but could only hold that pace for 7 laps before the rear left would cook.

First qualifying was a bit of a mess, only able to get 1 decent representative lap time in on my first run. promptly ruined the next by messing up my exit on the final corner & my final attempt saw me miss the apex for the hairpin (not for the last time either:banghead:) Amazingly my first run was good enough for third place! I don't think I've ever qualified that high before in any of RSR's leagues.

The first race, just wow. Got mugged by @Taorminator at the first corner & @CatchAGlimpse muscled past later in the lap. Had great fun going door to door with @Puffpirat & @miagi. Probably the first time I've had to fight for a position with them as opposed to being lapped :joyful:
Had a silly little spin quite late in the race, someone took out the markers for that clunky left hander & in trying to get the car slowed down & turned, went onto the off camber green area which had me facing the wrong way.

Second qualifying was much the same story though my final run was messed up more by my lack of attention to a missing marker board.

Second race was a bit of a disaster in comparison, got away cleanly & was on @CatchAGlimpse's bumper. Into the first corner all hell broke loose. @Spitfire I'm gonna be honest I actually thought you'd glitched there. wasn't expecting a car to be that close, I knew puffi was on my left but tried to keep a tight line. The carnage kinda continued onto the back straight.
As for that move.....:rolleyes: let's just say previous experience saved what would've been a stupid mistake. As I moved to the inside line I missed my braking point by a small margin, but it was enough to cause the damage. Locked the fronts knew I'd done fubi'd the situation. Released the brakes & thankfully sailed past both @CatchAGlimpse & @Taorminator before they turned in.. I then had to trundle on the outside of the track waiting for a gap in the traffic to rejoin.
Damage limitation after that, try to get back up the field as much as possible.
Had fun following @Nakor & @The Breeze though breeze did force me into the wall on the pit straight, think he just didn't realise I was there as he tried to overtake Nakor. No harm no foul & thankfully no damage!
Think I eventually finished 8th down to the mistake's of other's.

All in all, a fantastic night's racing! So much fun racing with the legends of RSR, finally.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
These were the most fun 2 races I ever had. Basically because I wasn't lapped by the leaders for the 1st time and because my pace gets better, meaning I finally get to the racecraft chapter of the sim racing book. It is nicer racing if you can really race someone :). Defending and attacking also means getting off the racing line.... which resulted into 2 stupid spins on the slippery tarmac with worn out tyres at the end of the race. I had tyre pressures between 2.03 - 2.06 which worked out great, saw a lot of others having issues with grip. Next race better check my gearing ratio, most of you were much faster on the main straight. Sorry @FuBii , I knew you were there but not how close, I knew I could brake much later for that corner than others so expected to leave enough space for you behind me ... and also wanted to avoid crashing into @Nakor in case my car would slide being outside the racing line. ..... and I'm not used to go 3 wide into a corner :)

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First - congratulations to @LoreGT . Those were some fantastic qualifying times, and great races.

I've really no idea what I'm going to do. For some reason I just could not keep the car on the track during the races last night. My pace was good enough to stay with the main pack, but innevitably I would have some silly spin out. My setup just felt aweful and not how it felt at all in practice. I'm going to need to do some severe setup work if I'm going to get to do anything other than race a lap down this season, which is....frustrating to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread