Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 2: Imola (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 2: Imola
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 5, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Thursday, March 5, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
My experience at Imola:
When you go fast, brake in straight line only
Avoid kerbs under braking
Focus on slow in fast out, if you go in too fast, you lose the car easily
You can win most time with good exit from the chicanes (slow in, fast out)
At corner turn in focus on the little stones next to kerb (inside of kerb) for grip, kerb itself very tricky/slippery
Extra advice: wait till you get into your flow, rhytm, 'into the zone', or watever it's called, tyres on temp, before you start pushing the car to its limit

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anything obvious in the setup to tweak? I imagine accel diff settings to tame the power delivery on corner exit somewhat.
In TT you find TT setups by LoreGT, steveg200 and Fubii, maybe you can use/tweak those? (radiator/fuel/brake duct/tyre pressure). I use my own setup because I want to do it by myself and learn from it, LoreGT's setup has a much better balance.

Reactions: Tom

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Not going to race tonight. Too many commitments at once for me. But this is why I applied as a reserve.

Fairly confident I will be able to race the next round :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can't race tonight, work problems :rolleyes:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any tips on how to approach the Mercedes? I haven't driven it in ages, and my practice time is limited, so would like to hit the ground running :)
feel free to rob my TT setup bud, its effectively my race setup. biggest pointer is get the tyres warmed up & find a happy brake pressure/ratio

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great fun last night - I had surprisingly good pace so unlike last week I was able to take the fight to the leaders.

First race was a close battle with @LoreGT, I started behind but managed to force Lore into a small mistake allowing me to complete the overtake. I felt like I had a 0.1s a lap pace advantage so I was edging away lap by lap and then I stupidly, with 8mins to go?, left a rear wheel on the grass on turn in to the double right hander and went into a lousy spin. Managed to push right back up to @LoreGT from 5s down but I expect he was just bringing the car home safely.

Second race was epic. I managed to put it on pole and then nailed the start, only for @Puffpirat to come steaming past at his very first half opportunity. Top 5 (@Puffpirat, @steveg200, @LoreGT, @Taorminator) all within 1.5s of the lead car for the first 20 minutes of the race. Clean and very very fast, each lap basically being a qualifying lap pushing at 100%. I made a small mistake with 10 mins to go which allowed @Puffpirat to pull away by 2s and then without the slipstream I got mobbed by the cars behind. I managed to pickup another slipstream immediately and managed to get a big slingshot approaching T1 trying to thread the needle between @steveg200 and @LoreGT but unfortuntely squeezed @LoreGT too much and caused us both to go off track/spin. 5th place finish not bad.

@Puffpirat once again proved his alien abilities switching to the Merc in the second race and winning. Hero!

Thanks to everyone that raced and the staff as usual. Excited for round 3 after the break.

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great fun last night - I had surprisingly good pace so unlike last week I was able to take the fight to the leaders.

First race was a close battle with @LoreGT, I started behind but managed to force Lore into a small mistake allowing me to complete the overtake. I felt like I had a 0.1s a lap pace advantage so I was edging away lap by lap and then I stupidly, with 8mins to go?, left a rear wheel on the grass on turn in to the double right hander and went into a lousy spin. Managed to push right back up to @LoreGT from 5s down but I expect he was just bringing the car home safely.

Second race was epic. I managed to put it on pole and then nailed the start, only for @Puffpirat to come steaming past at his very first half opportunity. Top 5 (@Puffpirat, @steveg200, @LoreGT, @Taorminator) all within 1.5s of the lead car for the first 20 minutes of the race. Clean and very very fast, each lap basically being a qualifying lap pushing at 100%. I made a small mistake with 10 mins to go which allowed @Puffpirat to pull away by 2s and then without the slipstream I got mobbed by the cars behind. I managed to pickup another slipstream immediately and managed to get a big slingshot approaching T1 trying to thread the needle between @steveg200 and @LoreGT but unfortuntely squeezed @LoreGT too much and caused us both to go off track/spin. 5th place finish not bad.

@Puffpirat once again proved his alien abilities switching to the Merc in the second race and winning. Hero!

Thanks to everyone that raced and the staff as usual. Excited for round 3 after the break.
Man that second race! It was exhausting for me to keep that pace for SO long, I'm just proud I could keep up without any mistakes! It was like walking on a rope. The tension for something to happen was unbearable too! :D you could feel it would happen but... when? Then you made the small mistake, we all bunched up and I was like "there you go, now it's gonna be interesting" :D and we all came like raptors ready to eat you x) I had a bit less pace then you guys but I'm happy I earned that P3 through consistency :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok I'm starting to actually "enjoy" driving that car :D it's fun but I'm not fast driving boats x) also I discovered Imola which I don't know yet if I love it or hate it! :D (I think I love it)

I made a good use of that late practice in Q1, and secured P3 thanks to the good pieces of advice from @CatchAGlimpse . I'm also happy to have improved the car's pace by stiffening it, it was twitchy but much safer and fast in the high speed twisty sections.

R1 didn't go as planned at all, I had an awful start then took the wrong decision trying to avoid @FuBii and was last before the end of lap1... So I gave it all I had and climbed back like a mad man, unfortunately disadvantaged by aero damage. I finished P6 after a crazy awesome last lap battle with @Explousion during which we even went 2 wide in the chicane! I couldn't pass him as he defended very well and deserved to keep his position!

Q2 --> P4 and R2, @CatchAGlimpse said it all already :) I would have liked to challenge @steveg200 for that P2 but I couldn't attack him before the end.
Again an awesome round! I'm looking forward to the next one :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread