Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 4: Hockenheim Classic (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 4: Hockenheim Classic
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Thursday, March 26, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that was a super last minute call to join. Did one out lap for practice :hilarious:

First race therefore ended up being a practice session as I was all on my own. But I got much faster and was able to race properly in race 2. Enjoyed a cracking battle with @JustG, and right at the end I got close enough to push @FuBii over the line which gave me a 9th. Can't complain, enjoyed it, hopefully I can get back from work soon enough to join the next one.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
It was great to be back last night, especially in a classic car on a classic track! @UnstopaPaul had told me about the race/season the day before so thought I'd join in.

Jumped on for some practice a few hours before the race start and felt pretty good, pretty quickly. So joined the practice server for some comparison laps and was surprised to be a second ahead of @CatchAGlimpse so I assumed he was sandbagging on high fuel and tried to cut some more time off.

Qually went well and took pole by quite a margin I think. Got a good start in the race and had pretty much disappeared by the end of lap 1 with a few squabbles going on behind me. From then on it was just a case of not making any mistakes which was never really in danger of happening in this car as it was so controllable. I did give myself a real fright towards the end of the race though when I realised I did not have enough fuel to finish the race at a decent speed and would have to pray i'd built enough of a gap to slow down and let the clock run out before I crossed the line. Which I did with 4 seconds to spare I think.

Race 2 was pretty much the same except i had plenty of fuel this time :).
I'm suffering a bit today though. Lots of effort on the wheel in this car and after a few months out of the cockpit my arms and back feel it!

Great fun, See you next time. Bathurst should be a blast in this car sideways down the hill :D.

Sorry about the stream quality(and random throat clearing throughout the races) only installed obs just before the race and didn't have time to set it up properly.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My first race was messy.
Opening lap I was tucked behind @JustG till he made a small error leaving the first chicane. I was able to get the run into the second chicane but took the kerb too aggressively. I managed to hold onto the car on the grass amazingly without spinning but this put me way down the field. After that I played catch up trying to minimize my errors & capitalizing on the mistakes of others.
The second race was a lot better shadowing @Battenberg for a long time. I noticed my team mate @steveg200 had a similar mistake as myself in the previous race in the same area.
Unfortunately I lost the car exiting T1 chasing @Battenberg, I was getting closer & hoped to get a decent run into the first chicane.
This put me behind @The Breeze who drove a clean race. Another small error put me into the clutches of @Stokemon. 2 laps of short shifting & coasting saved my bacon for that last lap of GO.

Both qualifying sessions were unrepresentative from me, not able to get a clean lap done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread