Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 5: Bathurst (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 5: Bathurst
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, April 9, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, April 9, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can't make for quali, will try to join for race

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
just in case you want to see the race from another perspective

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I think I enjoyed that, despite being about 5 seconds a lap off the front runners. Was getting the hang of the car and having fun with it. How you guys go that quickly in this car is hard to believe.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
just in case you want to see the race from another perspective
That should be fairly interesting ^^ was good racing gg to PD as always and Paul. And a <3 for Fubi in the first race.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well I think I enjoyed that, despite being about 5 seconds a lap off the front runners. Was getting the hang of the car and having fun with it. How you guys go that quickly in this car is hard to believe.
Dirty driving, this car is faster when sliding than when going straight, very hard to do that on a formula wheel, i set steering ratio to minimum but still a pain to drive with that wheel and no static paddles

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m on a P1 rim. I could slide the car all day, but was even slower If I did. I was also very slow on the straight, I was being murdered by most. I would have thought lower downforce would make this car even more sideways!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I’m on a P1 rim. I could slide the car all day, but was even slower If I did. I was also very slow on the straight, I was being murdered by most. I would have thought lower downforce would make this car even more sideways!
Feels like a race car on road tyres:rolleyes:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
thanks for letting me stream tonight guys... you all put on a really good show well done to the winners just hope my first time really doing a stream comms on my own lol was any good lolany and all feedback is appreciated...

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well @Jonno I can promise I will be reviewing it! :) Thanks for the race tonight guys, I think these cars are an excellent fit for this crazy track. Bathurst and I continue our love affair it seems. Every time I come to this track I want to abort about 15 mins before. After the session I always want to do it again :D

Race 1 was a little frustrating with a spin at the first corner on lap 2, and spending the rest of the race closing back up slowly. Race 2 was something else though. I don't think I've ever fought through a pack to lead, let alone lost it, gained it, lost it gained it again like that race. There were some nervy moments for sure, but I'm very happy I didn't bottle it! Thanks for the intense racing guys, especially @ProjectPD for the back and forth. I think this will be a happy memory for me for quite some time.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that was a frustrating first race. Yes I know use middle pedal blah blah. But I had absolutely no confidence on the brakes. I felt quick over the mountain which made it far more annoying.

I managed to find something which worked for race 2 which allowed me to make the most of my pace over the mountain. I could just about hang a couple seconds off the top 7. And by doing that and surviving I picked off @FuBii and @Taorminator who weren't so lucky I got a 6th. Which made for a fab result for Radgie Gadgies with @UnstopaPaul 's epic win.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good nights racing last night around a tough track in these cars.

Absolutely gutted for @steveg200 and his connection issues - such a shame this didn't fix itself before the rce.

Huge congrats to @FuBii on his first "official" pole position, even bigger shame that he got booted out of the lobby before the race start :(

Monster battling for both races with @ProjectPD @miagi @Taorminator @UnstopaPaul and @Feanor for Race 2. Congratulations @UnstopaPaul for a well deserved and well brought home victory in Race 2!

@Jonno - the stream was hilarious, thoroughly enjoyed watching it after the race. Would love for you to do more in the future.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
For me it was more 'That hurts' than Bathurst .... Quali for 1st race went very well, 7th spot is my best revcup quali result ever. My start wasn't that bad and I think I was in 5th place before I got killed just after the second corner. Don't know who or what caused the carnage, will have to watch the replay. Took some time to get in my flow, my setup was not that good because I only had a setup for the 2nd race. Mid race my front tyre pressure was way too high, no grip at the front under braking and down hill, made me scraping the walls more than I wanted. Finished in 11th place I think.
Second race I couldn't nail it in quali ... race start went ok but I ruined it myself at the end of the second straight, I wanted to position the car on the inside for the corner to pass @Eugene Gajkin but I misjudged the track (being off the racing line) and went off track into the sand losing a lot of positions .... ended the race in 14th and last place I think.
My concentration wasn't that good during both races and my race craft still needs a lot of improvement.
Had great fun with some battles catching up lost time after crashes and mistakes but overall I think I should have finished way inside the top ten both races.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
First qualifying went well & would have been faster as I was .6s up before losing the car on my final run down the hill.
Thankfully my first attempt was fast enough to get me pole, albeit the top 3 were within .1s of each other haha.
My first official RSR pole position after so many years :woot:
Only for the game to shit itself & disconnect me from the server :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Turned onto Jonno's stream & watched what the front runners were doing. I was quite happy that they were lapping in the 20's as I knew I could be in the high 18's...
2nd quali was a messy affair. & my final run i hit traffic which didnt help.
Clean get away & settled into the pace. Was quite surprised how quickly I could catch the pack over the mountain & then lose them on the straights... guessing people were running like 5% radiator again compared to my 45% o_O.
Found it quite hard to follow around this circuit so would drop back by 2/3 seconds then do my usual pace & catch up again within 2 laps haha. Only made 1 big mistake that forced me to pit on the penultimate lap (driving with dmg on a controller is next to impossible).
Had fun but slightly disappointed in myself as it effectively handed @CatchAGlimpse & @Taorminator the RSR cup for this season.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Jonno - the stream was hilarious, thoroughly enjoyed watching it after the race. Would love for you to do more in the future.
Thats my plan bud was trying it out an i thoroughly enjoyed it and glad you guys enjoyed it too. Plan is to do more than just pcars like to try out ac an acc and rf2.. Rf2 may be a bit trucky as its not one rsr use much of btw my offer is still avalible for rf2 lol...

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Clean get away & settled into the pace. Was quite surprised how quickly I could catch the pack over the mountain & then lose them on the straights... guessing people were running like 5% radiator again compared to my 45%
No way to do 5%. You could maybe have run 25% if you wanted to take risks with any front aero damage. It's all on that exit onto the straight.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No way to do 5%. You could maybe have run 25% if you wanted to take risks with any front aero damage. It's all on that exit onto the straight.
I was running 45% for both races - in hindsight this was a bit much but man were the feisty yellow cars fast on the straight! :dead:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I was running 25% for both races but in race two, I felt ppl were driving away from me at the end of the straight :( But I used shifter paddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread