Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 6: Texas Motor Speedway Road Course (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 6: Texas Motor Speedway Road Course
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorted, so I will be 'racing' tonight. What a bland track with the pancake flat kerbs that spit you off in an instant. See you at the back.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iv just had a windows update.. can you try a system restore.???

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nordschleife anyone? :woot:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can't race tonigth sorry

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Getting lapped by the top 9 drivers in a field of 11 drivers in a 30 minute race must be the most embarrassing race completed on RSR/PC2.

What a horrible horrible horrible car to drive. For about 10% of a lap it felt fun, then it was just 30 minutes trying not to spin. Absolutely no idea how you guys are so fast in this car. Everyone seemed about 10-15mph faster on the straights too.

Congrats to the winners!

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1587070229217.jpg

Me after my first victory at RSR. My life is complete, I already uninstalled the game, bye :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Great Season, mega last round. The track is fun racing! P2 twice, couldn't be happier with the result seeing that I had no practice this time :D Only I once did a GTE-ish race on this track.

Race1: Mega overtaking from P7 to P3, was offered P2 few laps later and drove that home.

Race2: Nice Touring Car racing with @FuBii in the beginning!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great Season, mega last round. The track is fun racing! P2 twice, couldn't be happier with the result seeing that I had no practice this time :D Only I once did a GTE-ish race on this track.

Race1: Mega overtaking from P7 to P3, was offered P2 few laps later and drove that home.

Race2: Nice Touring Car racing with @FuBii in the beginning!
Oi stop posting replays lol steeling my thunder lol...was cracking race

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great nights racing everyone and thanks for the season as a whole. Not the biggest turnout we've ever had over a season but as they say.. "quality over quantity" and its been a pleasure sharing a track with you all.

Huge thanks to @Taorminator for being the ultimate team mate and spending the time to set these cars up every week for the both of us. It was pretty amazing how closely matched we were all season and (other than Dubai hehe) we haven't had any contact or incidents other than pure teamwork. Can't wait for next season in the TCRs! The other teams better bring your A-game next season - The Fresh Princes of Dirty Air will be gunning for you all ;):cool:

Never thought after Revolution Cup Season 4 when struggling to get into the Top 8 at most races, I'd be a double drivers champion for Seasons 8 and 9 but here we are! :)

Thanks for stream/commentary as usual @Jonno - great fun to watch back and it always makes me laugh.

Finally - massive thanks to all of the RSR staff members involved in making this championship possible.

P.S @Jonno If you would like to make your sex tape "Biscuit down the wrong hole" public, this is not the forum or website for it :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Getting lapped by the top 9 drivers in a field of 11 drivers in a 30 minute race must be the most embarrassing race completed on RSR/PC2.

What a horrible horrible horrible car to drive. For about 10% of a lap it felt fun, then it was just 30 minutes trying not to spin. Absolutely no idea how you guys are so fast in this car. Everyone seemed about 10-15mph faster on the straights too.

Congrats to the winners!
The car is a challenge for sure (though this track has more to do with it). Top line speed is affected by radiator, brake ducts and gear ratios (fairly obvious), and other less obvious factors such as camber, toe in/out, even power ramp coming out of a corner. For a track with lots of straight line and slow (near stop) corners like this one, turning the car for straight line speed can be advantageous (though needs to balance the needs of the track overall). Look there for the extra 10-15mph.

Not spinning is a delicate balance in this car. under heavy braking the car moves forward, taking weight off the rear. This car has a lot of torque, it seems so its easy to go into power oversteer. Moving weight towards the rear, and looking at the mysterious world of slow bump/rebound can help you to get the car to move weight backward quicker (for rear grip) or slower (for longer turn in). Also, gentle application of throttle is very much a requirement. Thunderfoot = death (like my spin to give away third :( )

This car is a challenge for sure, but there is science behind the magic. Nighttiger's setup guide is awesome,though you do need to spend some time considering the physics of car movement to "get it".

Never give up, never surrender :)

EDIT: Sadly my VR headset crashed heading into race 2. Needed a full PC restart and ofc windows decided to update. I missed the cutoff on qualifying:( . A real shame as I intended NOT to ram @CatchAGlimpse in the second race :p ). Grats to winners. A good if challenging car this season.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So having never touched the merc before this season.... Some interesting facts:
Overall, I drove some 4756.43km in this car. To put that into context, that equated to a full 42 hours 17 minutes. o_O
Outside of RSR's leagues, I play pCars2 to drive the BAC Mono, I've "only" done 5628km in that car...:oops:

A fantastic car choice for me personally :cool: loved racing the wheels off that thing. Downforce was minimal, feeling the car balance change/move around was excellent. You can tell who got on top of that & those that struggled with it.
A great season racing with you all. Just a shame that some 32 people signed up for this & the average turn out was like 14 across the season :(
Massive shoutout to @steveg200, you secret Alien hahaha.
Really need to get some dollar for a wheel & pedals :pompous:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So having never touched the merc before this season.... Some interesting facts:
Overall, I drove some 4756.43km in this car. To put that into context, that equated to a full 42 hours 17 minutes. o_O
Outside of RSR's leagues, I play pCars2 to drive the BAC Mono, I've "only" done 5628km in that car...:oops:

A fantastic car choice for me personally :cool: loved racing the wheels off that thing. Downforce was minimal, feeling the car balance change/move around was excellent. You can tell who got on top of that & those that struggled with it.
A great season racing with you all. Just a shame that some 32 people signed up for this & the average turn out was like 14 across the season :(
Massive shoutout to @steveg200, you secret Alien hahaha.
Really need to get some dollar for a wheel & pedals :pompous:
@FuBii man you were a beast this season. Gutted you got kicked from a pole position. Great racing, really bringing it up a notch.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I may not be Puffi fast, but pretty sure i could beat, say, Jacques Villeneuve with my controller :D

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The car is a challenge for sure (though this track has more to do with it). Top line speed is affected by radiator, brake ducts and gear ratios (fairly obvious), and other less obvious factors such as camber, toe in/out, even power ramp coming out of a corner. For a track with lots of straight line and slow (near stop) corners like this one, turning the car for straight line speed can be advantageous (though needs to balance the needs of the track overall). Look there for the extra 10-15mph.

Not spinning is a delicate balance in this car. under heavy braking the car moves forward, taking weight off the rear. This car has a lot of torque, it seems so its easy to go into power oversteer. Moving weight towards the rear, and looking at the mysterious world of slow bump/rebound can help you to get the car to move weight backward quicker (for rear grip) or slower (for longer turn in). Also, gentle application of throttle is very much a requirement. Thunderfoot = death (like my spin to give away third :( )

This car is a challenge for sure, but there is science behind the magic. Nighttiger's setup guide is awesome,though you do need to spend some time considering the physics of car movement to "get it".

Never give up, never surrender :)

EDIT: Sadly my VR headset crashed heading into race 2. Needed a full PC restart and ofc windows decided to update. I missed the cutoff on qualifying:( . A real shame as I intended NOT to ram @CatchAGlimpse in the second race :p ). Grats to winners. A good if challenging car this season.

Thanks Paul. I understand this car is a handful, and it's not that I don't know how a rear drive car like this needs to be driven, more the way the game relays the car back to me. The car seems like it 'pivots' from the middle. Think TOCA 3, think any NFS game in the way the car wants to turn. But then add in the fact that the rear wants to break away most of the time, I have no idea what inputs I need to give it through the game. Take that last hairpin onto the straight. I couldn't apply any throttle until my wheel was straight and the car pointing down the straight. Even 10% throttle had the car spinning and me in full opposite lock. Following others, everyone was able to get on the throttle much earlier than me. I had the ratios sorted, radiator and ducts low. I'm going to put it down to my exit from the last corner.

Anyway, I'll not give up on the game. The main thing is that I enjoy racing with everyone and I still think it is one of the most immersive sims out there (ACC is getting very close). Looking forward to the TCRs though, something I think I can manage better than the DTM.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
in case anyone wants to catch up on yesterdays race hears my stream with errmmm some kind of commentary lol

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
"Heeeerrrrreeesssss FUBIII" :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread