Project CARS 2 Revolution Cup - Round 6: Texas Motor Speedway Road Course (1 Viewer)

Revolution Cup - Round 6: Texas Motor Speedway Road Course
Posted by Ricardo
Project CARS 2
Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I forgot to save the replay of the 2nd race, if someone can share it with me it would be much appreciated :)

I really liked this competition. The slower cars made it possible to get back into the pack after a spin or crash. Learned a lot racecraft wise and especially the last 2 races I made huge progress. From time to time I make huge steps forward, mostly after months of no progress at all.

After 2 and a half years and 1000 hrs of sim-racing overall, it seems that my brain finally made a click combining all the sim-racing, read literature on racing and mental aspects, watched videos, et cetera. A lot of advice doesn't get to you in the beginning because you aren't on the right level yet. I am completely at ease in the car nowadays and I can nail a quali lap right after the warm up lap and sometimes even do it better than in TT.

I really surprised myself this final round qualifying 3rd and 4th, and in the second race I made it from 4th to 2nd place in 5 minutes ... before I over drove the car and had to rejoin the race at the back of the pack. Made it back to 6th position at the finish so way inside the top 10 for which I was aiming for at the beginning of the race.

If I could only extend the first 5 perfect minutes to 30 minutes or more, I might win a race one day :woot:

Hope to see you all next season (unless during summer, way to hot in the room upstairs with VR glasses and headphones on).

ps: hopefully we can continue competition in PCARS2 or its successor which hopefully has better physics than PCARS2. I stick with PCARS because of the graphics and best VR experience. But I would also like to learn 1 other game. Not sure what to go for but it should have a good VR experience and have some future so it is worth spending time in getting to know all aspects of the game.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I forgot to save the replay of the 2nd race, if someone can share it with me it would be much appreciated :)

I really liked this competition. The slower cars made it possible to get back into the pack after a spin or crash. Learned a lot racecraft wise and especially the last 2 races I made huge progress. From time to time I make huge steps forward, mostly after months of no progress at all.

After 2 and a half years and 1000 hrs of sim-racing overall, it seems that my brain finally made a click combining all the sim-racing, read literature on racing and mental aspects, watched videos, et cetera. A lot of advice doesn't get to you in the beginning because you aren't on the right level yet. I am completely at ease in the car nowadays and I can nail a quali lap right after the warm up lap and sometimes even do it better than in TT.

I really surprised myself this final round qualifying 3rd and 4th, and in the second race I made it from 4th to 2nd place in 5 minutes ... before I over drove the car and had to rejoin the race at the back of the pack. Made it back to 6th position at the finish so way inside the top 10 for which I was aiming for at the beginning of the race.

If I could only extend the first 5 perfect minutes to 30 minutes or more, I might win a race one day :woot:

Hope to see you all next season (unless during summer, way to hot in the room upstairs with VR glasses and headphones on).

ps: hopefully we can continue competition in PCARS2 or its successor which hopefully has better physics than PCARS2. I stick with PCARS because of the graphics and best VR experience. But I would also like to learn 1 other game. Not sure what to go for but it should have a good VR experience and have some future so it is worth spending time in getting to know all aspects of the game.
You and @FuBii were my most improved drivers of this season - great job to both of you! :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

I found iRacing to have supported my biggest jump forward. How? Endurance races + incident system. I've found that a recent focus on continual clean laps has translated well back into PC2, and although not perfect (we all have our mad moments) I've found over the last few seasons that mistakes are much more rare and that my awareness of other cars around me is much better for it. Of course, iRacing is expensive, but tactical purchase of cars can go a long way.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I found iRacing to have supported my biggest jump forward. How? Endurance races + incident system. I've found that a recent focus on continual clean laps has translated well back into PC2, and although not perfect (we all have our mad moments) I've found over the last few seasons that mistakes are much more rare and that my awareness of other cars around me is much better for it. Of course, iRacing is expensive, but tactical purchase of cars can go a long way.
I can totally agree with this since my push into iRacing - having the risk of running 1x for being off track or 4x for even the slightest of contact can change how you engage with other racers or how you approach certain scenarios on the track. I feel this has definitely translated back into Pcars2 and even in real life when I'm tearing a go-kart around a track.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, I have found one other reason I was losing on the straights.....

My throttle pedal is only giving me 93% travel. Now adjusted in game :rolleyes:o_O

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is there a feedback thread & poll for next season's car choice?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok guys Feedback Thread is now open, I am going to lock these threads off now, thanks for a great season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread