• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S3 - Split 1 - Rd 1 - Crashed Out (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col_McCoy

Reaction score
Date: 16/10/2017
Event: RSR Cup Season 3 - Round 1
Members Involved: @Col_McCoy & @Blue Monkey
Description: After being comprimised at turn 1 due to 'earlier' braking than expected, my exit was slower. Leaving enough space and looking at my steering input, I'm steering away from the grass (so space is even increasing).
Unfortunately Blue Monkey does not use all the space available and hits me in the back.. have his pedal at full throttle during the touch, spinning me out.
If it wasn't for the word 'idiot' following after that, I might have left it at a personal review...
Evidence:
Onboard video
Bumber cam Blue Monkey

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
B

Blue Monkey

My view
  1. You go for a dangerous dive into Turn 1
  2. You half spin and lose a lot speed - you are technically rejoining the race / racing line
  3. But instead leaving MelBonkers and Blue Monkey enough space, you just squeeze them, despite you are clearly a lot slower due to 2.
  4. From my view it looks like you just turned into me, from your view it looks like we just had contact and that lead to the crash
  5. Imo we just touched and looks like a magnet effect to me - I had no other choice than to countersteer and to reduce the impact angle for less damage and less possible carnage ... it helps to go full throttle then in the hope of straighten out the car infront
He just moved across us while rejoining the race ... it was dangerous enough already

• I had max. 5 cm to the left remaining, onboard I thought I was on the white line already ... but you unnecessarily squeezed us
  • I also wanna mention that the racing line is going to the right after exiting Turn 1 (if needed I can provide proof for that) ... there was no reason to force someone to the left track edge, especially when you are much slower due to a slide in Turn 1
  • The only thing what I could have done better was to lift / brake out of it, but I thought you saw me and would leave me enough space
  • Sorry for the "idiot" though, that was inappropriate. I directly apologized for it though, which you can hear in the video of yours.
  • P.s. After careful watching, I think there is some sort of desync at work. For me the contact happens way earlier. But on your onboard that looks different - could be though also inaccuracy in the replays.
  • P.s. I tried to straighten out McCoy, which did work in the past (rF2, PC1) but people explained to me that this normally doesn't work ... this is my mess up, sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the footage provided, the Stewards deem this a breach of our Driving Standards and our TeamSpeak Conduct.

Driving Standards, section 1.1.2: "You should, at all times, try to avoid any intentional contact during our events. We understand that a degree of contact is inevitable but, this must always be kept to a minimum, even if you have to compromise your race to do so."

TeamSpeak Conduct: "Revolution Sim Racing expect all members to behave respectfully and politely at all times when on TeamSpeak 3 and any Forums with a RSR presence."

We feel that although Col_McCoy quickly moved back onto the racing line, he had enough momentum to justify this move. The collision, and the severity of it, could have been avoided if Blue Monkey had eased off the throttle, especially after the initial contact was made, once it was apparent there was not enough space to make a pass.

The stewards have deemed it appropriate to issue @Blue Monkey a race ban which will be served in the next attended race of the Revolution Cup. Furthermore, the Stewards are issuing a final warning to @Blue Monkey, with the next 'at fault' offence resulting in a multi-race ban. This final warning is issued on the following grounds:
  1. The incident itself involving Col_McCoy.
  2. The frequent appearance of Blue Monkey in the Stewards room, where he has been found at fault, with no noticeable change in driving standards.
  3. The unacceptable mid-race, public, insult at another driver over TeamSpeak by an RSR staff member.

In this particular case we release this enquiry to the public without questioning both parties.

Closed for further comments. @Col_McCoy @Blue Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)