• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S3 - Split 2 - Rd 1 - Unsafe Rejoin (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveg200

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 16/10/2017
Event: revolution cup red bull gp
Members Involved: @RPJ
Description: Unsafe rejoin which gave me aero and engine damage which cost me p2
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Any comments @RPJ?

RPJ

Reaction score
Steam
View
Okay, first of all yes i'l say that incident was probably largely my fault. and I'd like to apologise .

But I do like to say that when I started the recovery process from my perspective i was still on the track (in the replay it might look slightly different, but replays like this in games generally aren't that accurate anyway ) it's just so happens to be that because I had the clutch held in to restart the engine it caused me to roll off track and I hadn't really noticed.

If I were to have locked the brakes and stayed stationary, the car would have not rolled back and stayed on the racing line and would have been in just about the same position as when the Collision happend but turned 90° right so even more dangerous/bigger obstruction.

also as you can see I made a very sharp turn left to avoid a possible collision as I assume Steve would slowed down enough to take the inside line to avoid a collision

Seeing as my move only made my car a smaller target and a bit further away from the apex ( so more time to react and avoid a collision) I think this collision would have happend either way would I have moved or not and would have been a lot worse. if I were to have stayed stayed stationary.

and at last I disagree with this costing Steve p2 as If I were to have waited I would have only been slightly behind and with the pace I had I feel like I could have easily overtaken again.

steveg200

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
As you said you had the clutch in which made you roll off track,you shouldn't have rejoined until it was clear or safe to do so. I was going to take the inside line until I saw you moving back onto the track which made me try and go around you to avoid contact, we had very similar pace so how you can say you would have overtaken me again easily is a bit confusing.I will leave this to the stewards to decide if you should have rejoined or not.

steveg200

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
If you watch my video you can see I was going to the inside until I saw you rejoining which made be alter my line

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the footage provided, the Stewards deem this a dangerous rejoin and a breach of our Driving Standards, in particular, sections 2.1.1:

"Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin but only when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage"

The Stewards have determined that RPJ made an unsafe rejoin, directly into the racing line, with a clear view of another car approaching T1. The Stewards deem this incident worthy of a 25-second time penalty for @RPJ, to be added to his final race time. It is only through the quick reactions of steveg200, avoiding a serious collision, that has prevented a harsher penalty being applied. We advise all members to be aware of your surroundings and exercise patience and caution when rejoining the track.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@steveg200 @RPJ

steveg200

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Thank you stewards ,i am happy for this to be made public.

RPJ

Reaction score
Steam
View
sure, make it public although I completely disagree with the assessment and 25 sec is ridiculous imo

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)