• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S3 - Split 2 - Rd 2 - Lapping Incident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dama_The_Crow

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 23/10/2017
Event: revolution cup Imola
Members Involved: @CrisBCros
Description: Overlapping collision which gave me aero and engine damage which cost me p2 to p17
Evidence:

CrisBCros

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 2017/10/23
Event: Revolution Cup - S3 - Split 2
Members Involved: @Dama_The_Crow
Description: When getting closer to P2 (which was @Dama_The_Crow at this moment) for unlapping myself, I had some issues with TS and PTT which caused that he was not able to hear me saying "I am faster and want to unlap...". On entry of turn 8 (Piratella) I made a move since I was not aware to have Dama still on my side and our cars were just like glue, even when I hardly tried to get away from him (can be seen in 3rd clip) - this caused in an accident, so I crashed into him.
I am aware that some penalty would be suitable - so I am prepared.
Evidence:
1st clip:
2nd clip:
3rd clip:

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to the stewards.

JetPistol

Steward
Reaction score
@CrisBCros I'd like to ask you to provide further video evidence - which covers the lap before the incident including relative timer - that might support the following statement:

When getting closer to P2 (which was @Dama_The_Crow at this moment) for unlapping myself [...]

Last edited:

CrisBCros

Reaction score
Steam
View
Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Reaction score
Steam
View
I didn't want to accuse Chris for unfair driving or to point that he is unfair driver, but this kind of thing happened me in rsr cup 2 when I lost 1st position in last lap due to overlapping incident when backmarker pushed me out of track, so I decided to put this case in front of stewards and later to public view just for example where people need to pay attention when they are being overlapped.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the footage provided, the Stewards deem this a serious racing incident and a breach of our Driving Standards, in particular section 1.1.2:

"You should, at all times, try to avoid any intentional contact during our events. We understand that a degree of contact is inevitable but, this must always be kept to a minimum, even if you have to compromise your race to do so."

In addition to the unnecessary collision aspect, this incident was caused by CrisBCros trying to un-lap himself, a maneuver that should only ever be attempted with the permission of the car in front. The Stewards are aware that CrisBCros attempted to make contact with Dama_The_Crow but, having received no reply, he should not have attempted to pass.

The penalty for this incident will be a 10-second time penalty, added retrospectively to the finishing time. We are also imposing a further 10-second time penalty for multiple violations of track limits by CrisBCros, having viewed the video evidence he provided for the main reported incident.

As such, the end result is a 20-second time penalty, added to the finishing time.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Dama_The_Crow @CrisBCros

Dama_The_Crow

Reaction score
Steam
View
Yes. Thank you

CrisBCros

Reaction score
Steam
View
Ok

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)