PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S6 - Round 2 - Race 1 - Unpredictability causing a collision (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 28/03/2019
Event: Revolution Cup - S6 - Round 2 - Race 1
Member Involved: @Taorminator
Replay Timestamp / Lap: Lap 4

Description: Following a collision between Taominator and Nada, which sent both of them into a spin, Taominator was left on track with me approaching. I decide to take a slightly more shallow and slower corner to avoid him to the left. This to not compromise corner entry for the following right hander and because I expected him to lock brakes and stand still (predictable), since he couldn't clear the track with several cars approaching. He continues to roll forward which then leaves me no space to avoid him. I t-bone him and basically end both our races.

Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Taorminator

Reaction score
I was surprised to be confronted regarding this incident as I was about to open a case for the contact with @Nada , so I will do it here to not overflow stewards with redundant cases as it is strictly one incident to me. If the stewards require it, I'll open a case only for the contact with Nada. So here we go because I think the description above lacks the big picture of the incident

Here is my point of view :

Entering the Esses I leave some room to Nada to stay away from dirty air and attack at the exit. He misses his line and leaves the track, creating an opportunity for me to position myself on the inside of him as I have so much more momentum and since he doesn't take a defensive line after he rejoins but instead takes the usual racing line. By the time he reaches turn in for the next turn, my front axle is fully alongside his rear axle as you can see here (you can confirm this in the replay if you need proof but the cone on the left side should be enough to tell where the picture was taken) :

Because of this I consider myself to be alongside him as per the rules of defending and I expected him to leave space and especially not shut the door like he did like he was on his normal racing line. I'd like to add that even if he didn't see me in the mirrors or CrewChief telling him, my headlights would have been a clear indication I was there.

Concerning the way I managed the aftermath of the contact ultimately leading to the race ending crash between me and @Elodyr , I just have to say that by the time I managed to stop the slide, I looked on the left and it was already too late, he was coming straight at me at full speed. No time to react and do anything. I just would like to suggest that the ultimate crash could have been easily avoided by choosing as an escape route the large and flat emergency runoff area on the right if needed instead of the hard to reach left side of the track where I was moving towards at very slow speed by the way. Modern tracks like COTA have these kinds of runoffs designed especially for this kind of situation.

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)