PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S6 - Round 4 - Race 1+2 - Multiple Incidents (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchAGlimpse

Reaction score
Steam
View
To save creating multiple threads I have compiled all of the incidents I had with @Blue Monkey in one thread. I usually let a lot of the incidents on track slide because I feel a lot of what happens on track should stay on track but I've now been having weekly incidents with this racer and looking historically as have others. I had other incidents with Blue Monkey in both COTA and Fuji so I need to now raise the issue. I'm logging the case as I feel that these rules have not been respected.

• 1.1 Standards
    • 1.1.1 - Respect your fellow drivers. Keep a friendly atmosphere in the race lobby and treat all other drivers as equals.
    • 1.1.2 - You should, at all times, try to avoid any intentional contact during our events. We understand that a degree of contact is inevitable but, this must always be kept to a minimum, even if you have to compromise your race to do so.
    • 1.1.3 - If you accidentally knock/push/shunt another car off the track, you must slow down and wait for them to rejoin the race and take back their position. Every driver is to be shown the same level of respect. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.
  • 1.2 Overtaking
    • 1.2.1 - As the chasing car, it is your responsibility to avoid contact with the car in front. The following types of manoeuvres are prohibited:
      • Dive bombing into corners
  • 1.3 Defending
    • 1.3.1 - If another car is alongside you going into a corner, you must adjust your line to avoid contact. For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front, this will be deemed to be "alongside". The following types of manoeuvres are prohibited:
      • More than one change of direction to defend a position
      • Forcing a driver to exceed the track limits
      • Any other abnormal change of direction
The first incident I'm unsure about but I thought I would include to show all of the events.

Date: 18/04/2019
Event: S6 - Zhuhai - Race 1
Member Involved: @Blue Monkey
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 4
Description: After getting beside @Blue Monkey on the exit of the last turn I spoke out on TS to confirm to Blue Monkey that I was beside him (as per the regulations (1.2.2 - Although not essential when overtaking, we encourage you to make your opponents aware of your position via TeamSpeak.)
to which he confirmed and then proceeded to steer right / cut me off down the straight. This incident may have been the catalyst for the other moves that will follow.
Evidence:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Event: S6 - Zhuhai - Race 2
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 1
Description: After overtaking @Blue Monkey into turn 1 successfully, but carrying way too much speed into turn 3 he dive bombs down the inside causing a collision and then fails to wait for my recovery.
Evidence:

Replay Timestamp / Lap: 9
Description: After @Blue Monkey spins out at turn 3, he tries to recover the lost positions by dive bombing into the hairpin causing another collision. I honestly think this was intentional given that when both cars had stopped after the collision, Blue Monkey left his throttle pinned to the floor and stating "move, move" over TS.
Evidence:

Replay Timestamp / Lap: 13
Description:
After @Blue Monkey spins out at the hairpin, he waits correctly initially to start turning his car around and off the track but there is then a sizeable gap for him to complete this manoeuvre however he waits then awkwardly does it on my approach. I know this isn't as bad as some of the rejoins we see but I felt at the time it was more personal.
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Reminder to @CatchAGlimpse: There are no quotations from our rules needed in here. We are well aware of our rules. For the future please stick to the facts and leave out the rest. Thank you in advance!

Any comments @Blue Monkey?

Blue Monkey

Probationer
Reaction score
Steam
View
Incident 1:
Event: S6 - Zhuhai - Race 1
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 4
Description: After getting beside @Blue Monkey on the exit of the last turn I spoke out on TS to confirm to Blue Monkey that I was beside him (as per the regulations (1.2.2 - Although not essential when overtaking, we encourage you to make your opponents aware of your position via TeamSpeak.)
to which he confirmed and then proceeded to steer right / cut me off down the straight. This incident may have been the catalyst for the other moves that will follow.
I did make 1 change of direction exiting the corner (1.3) before @CatchAGlimpse was with any part alongside.
I then followed the right grid lines perfectly (see video below) until the track narrowed (pit exit), where I moved a tad to the left to ensure there is enough room for him, which there clearly was looking at his own replay.
About driving him to the edge of the track, there is nothing about that in the rules, but RSR admins (falcon and t0day) explained to me in the past (v=Q-aIewj_I5g after that collision), that if you are ahead, you can force the other car to the track edge (ofc complying with the rest of the rules) - that means I could have forced you to the white lines if I wanted you, but I didn't, I gave you more than enough room and you are just reporting it, because you couldn't make it stick.

"This incident may have been the catalyst for the other moves that will follow", is that already an excuse for the chronological second incident?
I also want to point out, that he didn't make me aware in a normal manner, he complained (again), which can be heard in the recording. Was the warning by Darksi not enough?

The following video includes the steering wheel from cockpit cam (achieved by holding Numpad 2 during recording), as you can clearly see, I held my steering wheel straight, then react to the contact I feel through FFB by steering left. Thereby I conclude the contact and the resulting change in direction are not my fault and as you can see from @CatchAGlimpse's video, he steered into me (clear direction change to the left from his chase cam). I think this contact was kinda intentional, because he didn't like to be that far inside and wanted me to force into giving room.

Blue Monkey

Probationer
Reaction score
Steam
View
Incident 2:
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 1
Description: After overtaking @Blue Monkey into turn 1 successfully, but carrying way too much speed into turn 3 he dive bombs down the inside causing a collision and then fails to wait for my recovery.
So lets look at that clip a bit differently, I synced it up as good as I could, my onboard footage is unusable as OBS was overloaded. Note the steering movements of @CatchAGlimpse!

Now let us look at the rules

1.3 Defending
  • If another car is alongside you going into a corner, you must adjust your line to avoid contact. For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the car attempting to pass is alongside the rear wheel of the car in front, this will be deemed to be "alongside". The following types of manoeuvres are prohibited:
    • More than one change of direction to defend a position
    • Forcing a driver to exceed the track limits
    • Any other abnormal change of direction

• Clearly I was "alongside"
  • I braked a tad later, but nothing unreasonable
  • = That was clearly no divebomb
  • I did hold my line straight approaching the corner, at no point I steered to the right, except when contact was made, so I don't end up on the grass etc.
  • Upon inspecting @CatchAGlimpse steering wheel movement you can clearly see 2 directional changes to the left (violating "More than one change of direction to defend a position"):
    • At the beginning he was following perfectly Corentin
    • In reaction to my attempt made a move to the left (I am unsure if this was already under braking)
    • He straightens out the steering wheel, 1 change of direction done
    • Upon realizing I was next to him, he made another move, this time even clearly under braking, to the left, which leads to the contact. Moving under braking (with or without a car to the side) is a big no no in Motorsports and violates "Any other abnormal change of direction"
  • The contact leads to me getting pushed to the left, so I start countersteering, as I immediately note this in the FFB. I got lucky not to make contact with Corentin
I did / will not give the position back as/if I was sure, I did not cause the collision. At the very moment I really thought he tried to intentionally force me off the track and I was 100% sure he moved under braking into my line, so I kept going, keeping the position. What followed was another inappropriate comment by @CatchAGlimpse.

Blue Monkey

Probationer
Reaction score
Steam
View
Incident 3:
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 9
Description: After @Blue Monkey spins out at turn 3, he tries to recover the lost positions by dive bombing into the hairpin causing another collision. I honestly think this was intentional given that when both cars had stopped after the collision, Blue Monkey left his throttle pinned to the floor and stating "move, move" over TS.
I won't even put a video together for this one.
This is on me, I take full responsibility until the gravel trap, but was nothing intentional, but a stupid aggressive move. It was slight divebomb and I overshot again in T7.
It was a reasonable attempt and if I had braked 5m earlier, I would have made it stick.

I was half clutched in when we ended in the gravel track and I believed at that time (and still do), @CatchAGlimpse intentionally stopped there to block me from continuing (hence the "move move"). He only got going after I revved down, which actually proofs my point. But this made me stall, the reason why I kept the car going.

I also want to point out:
  1. I would have waited, but he was infront anyways
  2. The next lap I CLEARLY apologized to him for that in Teamspeak, If you want I can provide proof for that.
  3. I also apologized in the race thread (a long some other people), see https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/r4-zhuhai.1993/page-5#post-47901
  4. I had a lot of problems with T7 both races, it was very inconsistent, sometimes I locked, sometimes I braked very well. Something I will look to improve the rest of the season.

Blue Monkey

Probationer
Reaction score
Steam
View
Incident 4:
Replay Timestamp / Lap: 13
Description:
After @Blue Monkey spins out at the hairpin, he waits correctly initially to start turning his car around and off the track but there is then a sizeable gap for him to complete this manoeuvre however he waits then awkwardly does it on my approach. I know this isn't as bad as some of the rejoins we see but I felt at the time it was more personal.
2 comments on that:
  1. I stalled after Darksi went by, I have autoclutch disabled.
  2. This is clearly an abuse of the reporting system. There is clearly nothing to report here and he just did it because he holds a grude against me.

Some final words:
Sorry for doing this, but I feel this is very relevant to the whole situation.

First of all, I think this kinda abuse of the reporting system should be punished, especially incident 5 and incident 2 (https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/revolution-cup-s6-round-4-race-1-illegal-overtake.2024/#post-47986). His report there has little to nothing to do with the actual incident. If this is allowed, let me show you all the insults and collisions @CatchAGlimpse has caused, it would be 1 week worth of work for the Stewards.

Second of all, I wanna point out, that @CatchAGlimpse was warned by @Darksi for heavily insulting me in one of the recent events and we both were told to reduce chatter. @CatchAGlimpse continues and I think this has to stop ; I am not much better and keep responding because I won't tolerate bullying. People in Teamspeak have complained now several times already.

Third of all, I wanna make you aware that I take responsibility when I make a mistake, I actually apologize in Teamspeak and race thread if I f*** up. Sofar I have seen none of that from @CatchAClimpse, on the contrary, he continues (see point 2).

Sorry to the Stewards for the work and thanks for giving more time to respond to this case.
Blue Monkey

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to Stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)