PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup - S6 - Round 4 - Race 1 - Illegal overtake (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Monkey

Probationer
Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 18.04.2019
Event: Revolution Cup Season 6, Round 4, Race 1

Member Involved: @CatchAGlimpse
Replay Timestamp / Lap: Lap 6, 10 min into my version of the replay

Description:
@CatchAGlimpse followed me closely out of Turn 10, where I made a slight mistake. I made 1 defensive move covering the middle. @CatchAGlimpse tried to double dummy me and divebombed me to the inside, where he hit my rear, cut the corner (and subsequently overtook me by that) and then squeezed me off the track. Followed by not giving me the position back and any apology sofar.

Evidence:

This lag in the replay is how it is in my replay, not a recording lag. Rest assured he rear ended me and cut the corner, this part is 100% accurate, hence why I added the live onboard, where you can clearly hear the crunch and see that this moved me a bit forward.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

CatchAGlimpse

Reaction score
Steam
View
The clip below shows the 2 laps leading up to this and then the incident itself from all angles (which begins with the first part of my stewards case, as mentioned in my post, the catalyst for the rest of the racing to come).

To explain the clip:

After making a mistake at the hairpin and having a half spin, I was overtaken by Fubii. After accidentally tapping the back of Fubii on the next turn, I conceded the position back to him which allowed Blue Monkey to overtake. I spent the next lap or so closing the distance to Blue Monkey. Once I was behind the first incident with the squeezing on the straight occurred then either later in the lap or on the next lap, I felt Blue Monkey was purposefully "stalling" mid corner before accelerating on exit when I was directly behind causing me to take avoiding action (braking harder or taking a different line) - this happened both of the corners highlighted in the video. This lead to the frustration building up more, especially given previous events/incidents. Then came the attempt that Blue Monkey has highlighted. I did lose control of the car when applying the brakes causing the slide to happen. Although I was out of control at that moment (caused by steering and braking too heavily combined) actually thought I had kept 2 wheels inside the white lines so was unsure from the cockpit view whether or not I had actually cut the corner. Looking back on the replay its quite clear that I did but in live race mode with adrenaline I was unsure. In regards to Blue Monkey, I didn't feel any contact (nor did any feeling felt through the FFB that would indicate a collision, although looking back being on the kerb at the time could have distorted the feeling I was getting back) and I thought he had maybe locked up his brakes and went into the gravel and then I heard nothing over TS to indicate an issue - I didn't feel I had to wait for Blue Monkey to recover.

Also I'd like to add, and although inadmissible in this case, I thought it would be relevant to show a previous incident of a very similar issue between myself and @Blue Monkey during the Ferrari Challenge series. The clip below shows Blue Monkey covering to the inside (although not fully) and then when I cut back across and get side by side he makes another turn to the right, squeezing me to cause contact. I mention this because when I've come to overtake or lap Blue Monkey in the past there has always been an incident. Now as an experienced RSR racer (to some degree) you begin to learn how other racers drive and I know when in these situations approaching Blue Monkey these will always be more painful than they really should be in the community we have here therefore I think it leads to incidents like the one Blue Monkey is raising to occur as a result of frustration.

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)