PC2 Resolved Revolution Cup S6 - Round 6 - Race 1 - Turn 2 and 3 crashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomba

Steam
View
Date: 09/05/2019
Event: Revolution cup s6 - r6 - race 1
Member Involved: @Jomba @Blue Monkey @Red_Fox
Replay Timestamp / Lap: Turn 2, just after race start.
Description: In turn 2 Blue and Red collide (hard to tell how and why) and get tangled bizarly as Blue pushes Red. When they untangle, Red spins, falling to the back of the grid and Blue continues on. Just after that in turn 3, Blue hits me from behind and spins me, causing me to lose at least ten places. Luckily (but weirdly) i took no damage. Blue does not wait for any of us.
Evidence:

Red_Fox

Probationer
To my left was Elodyr so I was forced to shift to the right and there the monkey flew out of nowhere and then
not my handiwork)

Blue Monkey

Steam
View
[Decided to add a video to make my points more clear and afterwards rewrote my post to fit the video]

This is my POV (captured from replay, but that is exactly how I saw it, only the usual HUD, as in previous races, is missing)

You clearly see I was nearly on height of @Elodyr already and clearly next to @Red_Fox, who turned into me during an attempt to pass @Elodyr - not only that but both were voluntarily off the track at that time, violating additionally 2.1 on @Red_Fox's side.
@Elodyr was at no time to the left of @Red_Fox, only infront - the whole Turn 1 by @Red_Fox was unnecessarily aggressive.

The second part of incident is nearly completely on me and the chase cam of the replay was very interesting to me, as I now understand where @Jomba was coming from. As you see from my "roof" cam, which I used at that time, for me he simply rejoins the track dangerously, the reason why I didn't wait for him. From the case cam replay, you clearly see he avoided me by going off the track, so under these circumstances I understand now that he only tried to avoid me and @Red_Fox
Meanwhile I was swarmed by other cars, followed the cars on the outside line ahead, as I wanted to make space for the inside cars (which I perfectly did), but in doing so, took a wider line and in the heat of the moment I overshot. Upon realizing, I locked the brake and hit @Jomba ; this can be not only heard but at the end you see the smoke emitted on the front right. I lost my front wing and had 7 front aero damage.
Apologizes to @Jomba, this is my fault and I totally understand if I get a penalty for that.

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)